Go Back   Team-BHP > Under the Hood > Modifications & Accessories

Old 3rd November 2015, 12:06   #451
Distinguished - BHPian
Default Re: Amaron batteries

Folks, Need some help with finding the right battery for my Swift Dzire 2009 model.
Please respond here (Signs that battery needs a replacement)
NPV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th April 2016, 11:54   #452

Originally Posted by pcpranav View Post
in my Xylo, the OEM fitted Exide lasted for 3.5 years (82K KM). just two days back, got Amaron Go @ Rs.4900 net.
Hi friends,
its been about 30 months since by above post, and current ODO is ~152K KMs!

Since last few days, I noticed that cranking time has bit increased. My vehicle is almost daily used, and the running is quite high.
Yday went to the Amaron shop (from where I purchased earlier) and asked him to check battery:
- first he checked with volt meter connected to terminal and started car & AC + lights : voltage was bit low; specific gravity of water seemed OK;
- then he entirely dismantled the battery and connected to another meter in his shop : said "1 or 2 cells" has become weak, and water level is just perfect;

So, as per him the battery is weak and needs to be changed, but I conveyed of prolonging the purchase atleast for 1-2 months. As per his calculations, the net price (after returning old) is similar to by way of deducting the 'pro-rate' warranty. He also suggested to upgrade from 65 Ah to 75 Ah - but I have a doubt about alternator load.

another thing I noticed :
3 days back, the vehicle DDAS console just got reset, and my HU's config were also reset. I had to setup the date/time etc settings.

Just few minutes back, I drove nearby for some work, and saw that DDAS was again reset. There was no issue starting the vehicle, a bit long cracking.

Any suggestions / inputs on above matter is welcome.

Last edited by Zappo : 25th April 2016 at 17:32. Reason: Posts merged ass requested
pcpranav is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th April 2016, 13:34   #453

Latest Updates:
You may refer a bit background on this post : http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/mumbai...ml#post3961963 (Free Jump starts & Battery help - Exide Batmobile, Mumbai (and other cities))

Exide Mileage MI700 was quoted at Rs.5400 net (i.e. after giving old battery).

Today purchased Amaron Go (65Ah) for Rs.4100 net.
Previous purchase of same model was Rs.4900 as reported in my earlier post, maybe this time the discount calculations was higher, battery being in the pro-rata Warranty period (+18 months).

Last edited by pcpranav : 29th April 2016 at 13:39. Reason: Exide price
pcpranav is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th June 2016, 04:18   #454

Dear team,

My 8 months old Amaron Flo battery conked off yesterday. Surprisingly it showed no signs of weakness before giving up the ghost.

I have documented the entire ordeal here- Click to open (The love of my life: A 2000 Maruti 800 DX 5-Speed)

I have lodged a complaint on their toll free number. Cam anyone let me know what is the procedure of warranty replacement, and how will I be given a standby battery while the warranty formalities is being carried out??

Leoshashi is offline   (2) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 7th October 2016, 14:49   #455

Can anyone suggest a reliable amaron dealer in marathalli, brookefields or whitefield areas in Banaglore?
mxx is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 18th October 2016, 17:18   #456
Distinguished - BHPian

Originally Posted by supremeBaleno View Post
Depends on lot of factors - brand, usage etc. In our Swift, the OEM Exide battery lasted 6 years, while I have been replacing battery on my Baleno every 3-4 years max.

My sister's Alto was not cranking and it was a clear battery issue. ... Popped the bonnet and see a 02/09 marking on the Amaron, indicating a 2009 make. Still, 6+ years is not a bad life for a battery.
Amaron continues to amaze me with their stupendous battery life. That too on OE batteries. And with zero maintenance (no electrolyte check like in the past).

Last week the battery of our Dec2010 Astar_AT gave up - Dash lights would come up, but no juice to crank the engine. That's a life of almost 6 years, on a car that is sparingly used (30k kms).

Replaced it with a new Amaron Flo (2+2 yrs warranty) for Rs3400 (after deducting 612Rs for the old battery).
supremeBaleno is offline   Reply With Quote