Go Back   Team-BHP > Under the Hood > Modifications & Accessories

Old 25th September 2017, 16:00   #466
BHPian

Mod note: Use Multi Quote [Quote +] instead of back to back posts. Thanks.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaggu View Post
How did you raise this complaint? Through amaron helpline or directly went to the dealer? 2013 means 4 years and is the battery still in warranty period? If so you stand a chance for some partial respite.

4 years in diesel car is a decent life time if you ask me, if the car is under normal city cycle.
Called amaron helpline. Changed to amaron last year. Ford oe battery gave up. This amaron is just a year old.

Quote:
Originally Posted by roy_libran View Post
I have used Amaron multiple times in the past, and recently changed to the Amaron HiFlo on my Ecosport.
I have once experienced a battery defect, which surfaced within 4-5 months of purchasing and the Amaron dealer had replaced with a brand new battery without a fuss. The only quirk was that the new battery came with a reduced warranty period to account for the duration I used the battery that got changed (2yrs + 2yrs - 5mths).
Not having much luck. When the service guy took it last week he told me distilled water was low and battery is not holding charge. I serviced with chennai ford few months back. Donít they check for this or is it done only for ford batteries.

Last edited by Jaggu : 25th September 2017 at 16:06.
switz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th September 2017, 16:05   #467
Team-BHP Support

Default Re: Amaron batteries

Quote:
Originally Posted by switz View Post
Called amaron helpline. Changed to amaron last year. Ford oe battery gave up. This amaron is just a year old.
Then you definitely have a case, quote the earlier complaint and what was done by the dealer. Ensure this time they agree for a replacement. A 1 year battery even if not used should hold charge once it is bench charged. Hope they had ruled out any other discharge happening via car electrical's and the charging is fine?

Edit i saw this now:

Quote:
Originally Posted by switz View Post
Not having much luck. When the service guy took it last week he told me distilled water was low and battery is not holding charge. I serviced with chennai ford few months back. Don’t they check for this or is it done only for ford batteries.
First part itself is sign that they need to replace the defective battery. WRT service most of these batteries are maintenance free, and service center might not bother checking. Even Amaron dealers sometimes brushes off such request and one will have to insist to get the level checked.

Last edited by Jaggu : 25th September 2017 at 16:08.
Jaggu is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 26th September 2017, 13:08   #468
BHPian

From today morning getting a new message immobiliser malfunction. Read elsewhere it could be due to keyfob. Going to try with the spare key.

Anyone else see this message on ecosport?
switz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th February 2018, 10:43   #469
BHPian

Can anyone help me out with the OE Battery Rating for i10 1.2 Kappa? what is the Alternating rating?
Battery bhai suggests 35 Ah Battery. Just wanted to cross check.
Thx.

Last edited by raihan : 20th February 2018 at 10:55.
raihan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th February 2018, 11:08   #470
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by raihan View Post
Can anyone help me out with the OE Battery Rating for i10 1.2 Kappa? what is the Alternating rating?
Battery bhai suggests 35 Ah Battery. Just wanted to cross check.
Thx.
I went with 35 AH both times i changed my battery (Amarom FLO).
blackasta is online now   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 20th February 2018, 11:24   #471
BHPian

Exclamation Re: Amaron batteries

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackasta View Post
I went with 35 AH both times i changed my battery (Amarom FLO).
My i10 is almost 9 years old though sparingly used, it's under 20,000Kms.
The OE (Exide?) battery lasted almost 6 years whereas the replacement Amaron 35 Ah conked off in under 3 years & due replacement hence the question.
raihan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th February 2018, 11:41   #472
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by raihan View Post
My i10 is almost 9 years old though sparingly used, it's under 20,000Kms.
The OE (Exide?) battery lasted almost 6 years whereas the replacement Amaron 35 Ah conked off in under 3 years & due replacement hence the question.
Mine is of similar vintage, but has run over 88k.
The OEM battery (unsure about the brand) lasted about 4.5 yrs, the second one (Amaron) about 3.7 yrs. The current battery is same as the second one.
Guess on an average we should be ready for a new battery every 4 yrs. Also depends on the heat / humidity / cranking frequency.
blackasta is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 31st March 2018, 14:43   #473
Distinguished - BHPian

My Amaron motorcycle battery went dead suddenly a few days ago. The battery was only 1 year 4 months old. It carried a 24 month replacement guarantee and hence took it to the service center on dealer's advice.

They took over the battery with the warranty card for testing and handed me a receipt. Visited them today and they handed me over a new replacement - no questions asked.
Good service.

And just like I believe, I don't mind a one off piece. It is the service quality that matters.

Regards,
Saket.
saket77 is offline   (3) Thanks Reply With Quote