Go Back   Team-BHP > Under the Hood > Modifications & Accessories


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 4th December 2006, 19:40   #16
Senior - BHPian
 
iraghava's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Bhaiyyaland
Posts: 8,028
Thanked: 153 Times
Default

MS - What did I tell you earlier?? Anyways Bhasin Service is the same as HMS both are owned by Nivit Bhasin. As for the rest of the list well you could try Engineers Corp. or Sikand but both are mainly service workshops & not modifiers per se.

If you're really really desperate to modify the Scorpio then yes you can get yourself an Intake & a Free-Flow exhaust but be prepared to handle a quantum increase in the noise generated by the car & the engine. Apart from this & upgrading your wheels & tyres there's not really much that can be done to enhance the performance of this vehicle.

My personal advice however would be wait it out for the new Scorpio like Sideways said. These mods won't be very productive & neither will fetch you anything when you sell the car off. In short it'll be a waste of your money.
iraghava is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th December 2006, 15:36   #17
BHPian
 
moodswings's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Gurgaon
Posts: 205
Thanked: 10 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by iraghava View Post
MS - What did I tell you earlier?? Anyways Bhasin Service is the same as HMS both are owned by Nivit Bhasin.
Apart from this & upgrading your wheels & tyres there's not really much that can be done to enhance the performance of this vehicle.

My personal advice however would be wait it out for the new Scorpio like Sideways said. These mods won't be very productive & neither will fetch you anything when you sell the car off. In short it'll be a waste of your money.
Thanks Raghava, I will take your advice and wait for the new scorpio. I already have upgraded the wheels. Thanks anyways guys. You guys have been of great help.

Regards,
Preet
moodswings is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th December 2006, 15:47   #18
BHPian
 
Ferrarimaniac's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: New Delhi
Posts: 76
Thanked: 0 Times
Thumbs up

Engineers Corp, Delhi, 011-26346312
Go here. This is Tutu Dhawan's shop..have gotten my MR2's exhaust and intake done by him and he is really good. No complains from my car after the modifications.
Ferrarimaniac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th December 2006, 16:15   #19
BHPian
 
Sideways's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: Madras - India
Posts: 641
Thanked: 18 Times
Default

One more thing Preet. If you decide to go in for an aftermarket filter, see to it that it fits in the original housing. No use installing a conical air filter which sits in the engine bay, sucking in all the hot air. It will only lead to decline in performance. Buy a filter which will directly substitute the OE filter and also fit in the housing provided by Mahindra.
Sideways is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th December 2006, 16:24   #20
BHPian
 
moodswings's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Gurgaon
Posts: 205
Thanked: 10 Times
Default Thanks

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sideways View Post
One more thing Preet. If you decide to go in for an aftermarket filter, see to it that it fits in the original housing. No use installing a conical air filter which sits in the engine bay, sucking in all the hot air. It will only lead to decline in performance. Buy a filter which will directly substitute the OE filter and also fit in the housing provided by Mahindra.
Thanks Sideways. I will make sure o this.

Regards,
Preet
moodswings is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th December 2006, 15:49   #21
BHPian
 
RedOne's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 310
Thanked: 19 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by iraghava View Post

If you're really really desperate to modify the Scorpio then yes you can get yourself an Intake & a Free-Flow exhaust but be prepared to handle a quantum increase in the noise generated by the car & the engine. Apart from this & upgrading your wheels & tyres there's not really much that can be done to enhance the performance of this vehicle.
Is the Scorpio intercooled? If not, isn't that a good and usable mod to do? I read in another thread someone adding an IC to a Trax/Judo.

Gears,
Red-One.
RedOne is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Essential gauges for a modded turbo-charged car PatchyBoy Modifications & Accessories 11 14th November 2015 17:02
Abu Dhabi Barbican Turbo Auto Fest 2008 w/ DC modded Cayenne CaliforniaKnight The International Automotive Scene 22 21st November 2008 12:10
Modded Red Ford Mondeo! + KS Motorsports Turbo/NOS Mondeo Gordon Modifications & Accessories 82 19th October 2006 21:34
New Indica Turbo - is the turbo on? gakudva Technical Stuff 5 15th July 2006 23:00


All times are GMT +5.5. The time now is 23:31.

Copyright 2000 - 2017, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks