No reply et all. Please suggest.
blackstallion76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th July 2010, 18:25   #257
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackstallion76 View Post
Friends,

No reply et all. Please suggest.
For the first two, use a rubbing coumpound first and then touch up with a brush.

For the rest also use a brush to touch up, remove the peeled plastic of the bumper and then use com-paint + brush.
dadu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd August 2010, 15:30   #258
BHPian

Pls folks dont waste it on a new car. been there done it. If its a really old car and you dont mind some dual tones go ahead. it does a great job.
You get it in a shop on first floor, in one of the 2nd / 3rd left turns on the road from Tnagar bus stand (south usman raod) towards Anna salai.
Visaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd October 2010, 01:40   #259

Default Com-Paint Touchup Spray Paint

Hello Friends,

In case you are not satisfied with the product or have any complaint, please get back to me. If possible, i would arrange to send somebody from the office to check out the same. Now we also have Company's Resident Representatives at Bangalore, Kolkata, Ahmedabad, Chennai and Vadodara and Delhi is our Head Office.

Quick Tip: The only way to match a metallic color is to adjust the distance between your car and the Can. If in the First coat the shade looks darker then increase the distance and spray again or vice versa.

A light coat means spray once left to right and then right to left and stop.

So 2 lighter coats are better than spraying 4 times on the scratch.

Test the color and spray on a piece of scrap.

We are developing more shades and should be available in a a couple of weeks as Shade Matching is a tedious process.

If you have any query, you may write to me at vikramsharma@com-paint.com and i will get back to you on that.

Cya Again

Vikram Sharma

Last edited by Rehaan : 10th October 2010 at 17:33. Reason: Please avoid mentioning upcoming releases etc UNLESS specifically asked, as it could be seen as marketing. Thanks.
y2vikram is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd October 2010, 09:13   #260
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by y2vikram View Post
Hello Friends,

Vikram Sharma
Why don't you make DIY clear coat sprays? if the area of touchup is larger than 2 inches, the dullness is apparent.

I would appreciate if you could provide with clear coating(lacquer) kit as it will complete the touched up areas nicely.
JustCause is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd October 2010, 19:06   #261
Senior - BHPian

+1. Vikram, if you see from the close up shot in my case, even the finished surface is very rough, and becomes discolored very easily. Would strongly suggest a package with a clear coat can
greenhorn is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd October 2010, 20:33   #262
Distinguished - BHPian

Vikram- do you guys have a matching paint shade of BMW titanium silver shade? The left side of my front bumper has scratches. I'm skeptical about using this on high end cars. Will post a pic here soon to show you the extent of the scratch. Don't mind buying the value pack but would be great if an expert from your end in Mumbai can help me do it perfectly. Or if any member in Mumbai that has mastered the art would like to help ?

Last edited by Sahil : 3rd October 2010 at 20:43.
Sahil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th October 2010, 16:53   #263
Distinguished - BHPian

Here's the damage....
Attached Thumbnails
Touch up paint tubes-img00193201010032131.jpg  

Touch up paint tubes-img00194201010032132.jpg  

Old 4th October 2010, 22:48   #264
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sahil View Post
Here's the damage....
Sahil, my advise is not to use it on your car. these paints are just crappy, you can use it to paint your rims but not the body, painting your whole bumper outside A S S can be done within 3k but if you go DIY anyhow the paint has to be redone and then you will end up paying a lot more for the damage this paint does. I was running low on cash and my car had scratches and dents all around and so DIY way looked perfect, but the amount of labor doubled cause every time they apply body filler the paint will bubble, so a sincere advise stay away.

Pramod

Last edited by pramodkumar : 4th October 2010 at 22:52.
pramodkumar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th October 2010, 10:36   #265
Senior - BHPian

+1 to that Sahil. I have never heard good reviews from anybody on these DIY paints/scratch removers etc, so if I were you, I d stay very far away from them.

@Vikram: This indeed seems to be a good challenge for your Co to take up. If Sahil or any other customer permits, and you are willing to, you could get a section of his touch up done at his place through your people, if you are sure that your paint could take care of it.

The photos could then be posted here as proof of the difference.
n.devdath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th October 2010, 10:40   #266
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pramodkumar View Post
Sahil, my advise is not to use it on your car. these paints are just crappy, you can use it to paint your rims but not the body, painting your whole bumper outside A S S can be done within 3k but if you go
A S S is 10 to 15k buddy

But I don't want a shabby job at all, bubbles,uneven finish etc are not acceptable. The only reason I was considering this is because I read in this thread that it delivers 95% of what a professional paint job does, but ofcourse if done perfectly.

The rest of my bumper is in perfect condition, is it possible to paint just the left hand side at a paint shop?
Old 5th October 2010, 10:52   #267
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
A S S is 10 to 15k buddy
The rest of my bumper is in perfect condition, is it possible to paint just the left hand side at a paint shop?
Same as what it costs to repaint Hariya's bumper at the M&M ***.
Yes, it is certainly possible to paint half of the bumper and make it match with the other half. Get to a good paint shop that takes care of older imported cars, and you should come out smiling.
n.devdath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th October 2010, 11:36   #268
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by y2vikram View Post
We are developing more shades and should be available in a a couple of weeks as Shade Matching is a tedious process.
Hey Vikram,

I have been following Com-Paint's website for quite a while, as I was looking for 'Infinity Black' paint tube for Palio. I even wrote mails there but no response.
Can I expect this shade in the new list? Both Fiat and Tata cars have this shade.
ch.nathan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th October 2010, 16:15   #269
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
A S S is 10 to 15k buddy

But I don't want a shabby job at all, bubbles,uneven finish etc are not acceptable. The only reason I was considering this is because I read in this thread that it delivers 95% of what a professional paint job does, but ofcourse if done perfectly.

I said take it outside A S S. BTW no one can touch up a metallic paint, the entire affected piece needs to be painted, 3-4k for the bumper is reasonable. And please do not try the DIY paint its just crappy no matter novice or professional does it. Take my word for it been there done that

Pramod
pramodkumar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th October 2010, 23:48   #270
BHPian

I saw the add of this paint tube in one recent auto magazine. My concern was how it will look like if you have a colour which has faded a bit. Can the colour be controlled / fine tuned?
I am eagerly waiting for some positive respone you know why?
Some kid in my apartment enjoyed cycling and created a big scratch in my car

Scorpio Fan
scorpio_fan is offline   Reply With Quote