Go Back   Team-BHP > Under the Hood > Modifications & Accessories


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 14th January 2013, 20:49   #316
BHPian
 
windsurfer's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: Dundee, UK
Posts: 512
Thanked: 25 Times
Default Re: DIY: How to repaint a bumper scratch.

From the photos, it does look very good. Was the colour match perfect?
windsurfer is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 14th January 2013, 21:31   #317
BHPian
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 682
Thanked: 55 Times
Default Re: DIY: How to repaint a bumper scratch.

Quote:
Originally Posted by docmoya2007 View Post
I was undergoing through Bluevolt’s ownership report on Honda City.
hi Doc Moya, thanks for sharing this. I was checking out their web site and was planning to buy a few items. But thought I will check with you before. They ask for Net payment. Are they safe and reliable? It says 10-15 days for delivery. Have you used their site to purchase? Please let me know as I am keen on buying a few of their stuff.

Cheers!
Rohan
rjalihal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th January 2013, 09:30   #318
BHPian
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Kannur/Calicut
Posts: 137
Thanked: 37 Times
Default Re: Touch up paint tubes

@ docmoya2007 . nice job. I also ordered a diamond white kit fro my fiesta.

use a 1500 grit and 2000 grit wet and dry emery paper on this area where there is a driping from overspray. then use the polish again. it will look perfect.
Attached Thumbnails
Touch up paint tubes-dsc06554.jpg  

toms_2191 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th January 2013, 13:35   #319
BHPian
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Chennai
Posts: 35
Thanked: 10 Times
Default Re: Touch up paint tubes

couple of bikers scratched my all new rallye red honda jazz. if i ask the dealershi to do the touch up how much should it be? scratches on front and rear bumper. app 6 inch long lines. is DIY recommended?
parulkgupta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd February 2013, 02:12   #320
BHPian
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Madras
Posts: 88
Thanked: 36 Times
Default Re: Touch up paint tubes

Tried the Com-Paint web site and could not find the Diamond White shade for Scorpio. Is it removed or option available only when there is stock?

Has anyone tried it?
Jack Sparrow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th February 2013, 10:17   #321
Newbie
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Chennai
Posts: 3
Thanked: Once
Default Touch up paint tubes

Anyone knows how to find out the color code of Hyundai Verna Fludic, I am getting to know it should be somewhere in the boot or in the Engine compartment. Anyone knows please let me know. I am trying for DIY painting on a deep scratch, so wanted to know the color code.
anto_giscard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th February 2013, 13:20   #322
BHPian
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Madras
Posts: 88
Thanked: 36 Times
Default Re: Touch up paint tubes

Quote:
Originally Posted by y2vikram View Post
Hi friends, my name is Vikram Sharma and i work in Aeroaids Corporation the company making 'Com-Paint Touch up Spray Paint'.....contd.......
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jack Sparrow View Post
Tried the Com-Paint web site and could not find the Diamond White shade for Scorpio. Is it removed or option available only when there is stock?

Has anyone tried it?
Hi Vikram,

Hope you are still with Aeroaids Corp and can help me out with the below query.
I'm trying to get the colour shade - Diamond White for my Scorpio and not able to find it in the company's web site.
I think I tried the site 3-4 weeks before and saw the D.White for Mahindra available. Now it is not there! Any update you can provide on the same would be helpful....

Can someone else provide me the pointers from where I can get the Diamond White spray can in Chennai. Will the Satin white or Off white do the job? Thx for your inputs.

Rgds,
Karthik

Last edited by Jack Sparrow : 4th February 2013 at 13:27.
Jack Sparrow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th February 2013, 21:18   #323
BHPian
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Chennai
Posts: 35
Thanked: 10 Times
Default Re: Touch up paint tubes

Guys I just checked the com paint website. I want a Honda Rallye Red color for my new Jazz (3 month old). Random people scratched my car's bumper in parking.

Any advise on where could I lay my hands on a Rallye Red color. The scratches are small but visible.
parulkgupta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th February 2013, 22:39   #324
Senior - BHPian
 
comfortablynumb's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Pune
Posts: 1,165
Thanked: 720 Times
Default Re: Touch up paint tubes

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jack Sparrow View Post
Can someone else provide me the pointers from where I can get the Diamond White spray can in Chennai. Will the Satin white or Off white do the job? Thx for your inputs.
Quote:
Originally Posted by parulkgupta View Post
Guys I just checked the com paint website. I want a Honda Rallye Red color for my new Jazz (3 month old). Random people scratched my car's bumper in parking. Any advise on where could I lay my hands on a Rallye Red color. The scratches are small but visible.
Maybe the dealers listed in the screenshot pasted below will have the colours that you want, even if the website doesn't list them:

Name:  compaint.jpg
Views: 3161
Size:  35.8 KB

This is the link to search for dealers in Chennai: http://www.com-paint.com/Locate_Deal...c=Chennai&s=19
comfortablynumb is online now   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 5th February 2013, 11:23   #325
BHPian
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Madras
Posts: 88
Thanked: 36 Times
Default Re: Touch up paint tubes

Quote:
Originally Posted by comfortablynumb View Post
Maybe the dealers listed in the screenshot pasted below will have the colours that you want, even if the website doesn't list them:
Hi Vikram,
Yes. Thx for the info. Got the details from the web site and also spoke with their executive by calling up their Delhi number.

Currently the stock for D.White is not available and hence it is not showing up in the web site. They are also adding the filler putty into their value pack and the same will be available through web purchase from the 2/3rd week of Feb.

Rgds,
Karthik
Jack Sparrow is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 11th February 2013, 16:27   #326
BHPian
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Chennai
Posts: 35
Thanked: 10 Times
Default Re: Touch up paint tubes

Quote:
Originally Posted by comfortablynumb View Post
Maybe the dealers listed in the screenshot pasted below will have the colours that you want, even if the website doesn't list them:

Attachment 1047051

This is the link to search for dealers in Chennai: http://www.com-paint.com/Locate_Deal...c=Chennai&s=19
Thank you. I called Thirumala Enterprises and he told me the color was available and he would keep one pack for me.
parulkgupta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th February 2013, 10:00   #327
BHPian
 
docmoya2007's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Aizawl, Mizoram
Posts: 68
Thanked: 62 Times
Default Re: DIY: How to repaint a bumper scratch.

Quote:
Originally Posted by windsurfer View Post
From the photos, it does look very good. Was the colour match perfect?
sorry for not replying earlier as I was out of town. The colour was perfect match. But as I mentioned preferably done on a dry sunny day in a closed garage and use very less of the merger otherwise beading and melting/ flowing of the paint occurs
docmoya2007 is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 14th February 2013, 10:07   #328
BHPian
 
docmoya2007's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Aizawl, Mizoram
Posts: 68
Thanked: 62 Times
Default Re: DIY: How to repaint a bumper scratch.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rjalihal View Post
hi Doc Moya, thanks for sharing this. I was checking out their web site and was planning to buy a few items. But thought I will check with you before. They ask for Net payment. Are they safe and reliable? It says 10-15 days for delivery. Have you used their site to purchase? Please let me know as I am keen on buying a few of their stuff.

Cheers!
Rohan
I did try to order from the website, but end up with a phone call to the local dealer here in Delhi. They should be reliable for net payment.
docmoya2007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th February 2013, 10:16   #329
BHPian
 
docmoya2007's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Aizawl, Mizoram
Posts: 68
Thanked: 62 Times
Default Re: Touch up paint tubes

Quote:
Originally Posted by toms_2191 View Post
@ docmoya2007 . nice job. I also ordered a diamond white kit fro my fiesta.

use a 1500 grit and 2000 grit wet and dry emery paper on this area where there is a driping from overspray. then use the polish again. it will look perfect.
Very close observation there and you are spot on. I will do as your advice as soon as I get back to town.
docmoya2007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th March 2013, 09:55   #330
BHPian
 
sunil8089's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Chennai
Posts: 195
Thanked: 122 Times
Default Re: Touch up paint tubes

Regarding com paint - Can the paint be reused later, once its open?
sunil8089 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Touch Up Guys : A Pictorial Experience of Paint Repair in Australia SS-Traveller Technical Stuff 26 25th July 2016 18:46
Touch Up spray/paint amit Technical Stuff 12 10th July 2011 11:06
paint over paint DRC Technical Stuff 33 25th August 2006 12:05
What a paint job..S2000 with Clear Paint.. _Crazi4Speed_ The International Automotive Scene 6 20th September 2004 23:44
Don't tubes have speed ratings??? Shan2nu Tyre & Alloy wheel Section 18 9th July 2004 23:18


All times are GMT +5.5. The time now is 19:47.

Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks