Go Back   Team-BHP > Under the Hood > Modifications & Accessories

Old 20th February 2014, 21:56   #361
Senior - BHPian

Default Re: Touch up paint tubes

Quote:
Originally Posted by pramodpk View Post
What colors are available? How is the color matching? Please post photos if possible.

Thanks
You get the standard colours only. A few are Black, white, metallic and non metallic silver, a few other colours like red, green etc. Since its a packed can, there is no option to match. I use Bosny cans regularly to touch up my SX4 and the silver does match closely. The only difference is that the particle size of the silky silver of SX4 is smaller than the silver I got in the can.

I did manually mix the silver and black to get a gun metal like colour which I used to paint some other object and the colour output was quite to my satisfaction.
audioholic is online now   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 1st April 2014, 14:24   #362
BHPian

Has anybody found a brand that offers the Oceanic Blue shade for Fiat Punto yet? I know Com Paint does not offer it.
Pedaltothefloor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd April 2014, 09:56   #363
BHPian

I have ordered a pen kit (TW shade) for my Punto from Com paint today, waiting for the delivery and the experiment on the car after that.

Keeping fingers crossed.

Cheers
i74js is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd April 2014, 17:46   #364
Senior - BHPian

Has anyone from Maharashtra ordered a value pack from the com-paint website? Just before confirming my order, I see a message which says that I'll have to pay octroi to the courier for deliveries coming in to Maharashtra. How much would that be for a Rs.600/- com-paint value pack?

Cheers,
Vikram
comfortablynumb is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 27th April 2014, 17:27   #365

Many friends have recommended com-paint. I personally do not have good experience with them. First time [Com-Paint Paint Pen Kit] it was almost a dried pen sent to me and they asked for snaps etc and the guy saurav gaur decided to keep mum.

Second time I ordered for a "Com-Paint Value Pack Kit for Cars" on 20th april and after 8 days it shows "Order Status : The goods you have ordered are presently out of stock and will update you as soon as they are available in stock."

Unfortunately I paid it online as there is no COD option.
uditmohanty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th April 2014, 09:43   #366
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsk1979 View Post
I am searching for a touch up paint tube like this
Amazon.com: OEM Chrysler/Dodge Brilliant Black Crystal Touch-Up Paint oz Tube: Automotive
Lots of products are available for various colors in the USA.
Is it possible to get such a product for metallic black(Indica) in Delhi?
Every city has a paint reseller who supplies to the denting/painting workshops. You either need to take your car or the fuel lid to them. They have a complete database & mix and give you the exact shade.

2 years ago I needed to touch up some minor scratches on both the Fusion & Santro. I had tried very hard to track down the Com-paint dealers in Pune but could not succeed. So I took the cars to these guys in Pune & got 25ml of each shade. Cost was only some loose change(under 100 bucks if I remember rightly!). Applied to the scratches with an artists brush. My main aim was to seal the paint so that rust does not develop.
There was a minute difference in shade. They had initially itself clarified that it would happen as they were mixing very small qty. and could not put fractions of drops of the stainer. I guess if you take 250ml or more you get a perfect match.
sridhar-v is offline   (2) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 28th April 2014, 10:02   #367
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sridhar-v View Post
Every city has a paint reseller who supplies to the denting/painting workshops.
Hi sridhar-v,

Where in Pune is this paint re-seller located, from whom you got the paint for your Fusion & Santro?

Cheers,
Vikram
comfortablynumb is online now   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 28th April 2014, 12:35   #368
BHPian

I own an i20 bronze color. There are some scratches on the bumper. I wanted to use com paint however I am unable to find the exact color on the website to order. Could someone let me know if they have ordered bronze color for i20?
sabsubs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th April 2014, 12:41   #369
Senior - BHPian

I would not recommend com paints after having tried them. Here's why...
1) There's no way they can do a paint match. Not like the multi-spot sampling one gets when one buys the paints from an auto paint retail outlet.

2) Paint in the can does not have the right viscosity. It causes the paint to run, which looks terrible.

3) Although they ship a finishing solvent (com-merge), in reality it just does not have the same effect as clear coat.

My recommendation is to stay away from com-paints.
joybhowmik is offline   (3) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 28th April 2014, 13:34   #370
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by comfortablynumb View Post
Hi sridhar-v,

Where in Pune is this paint re-seller located, from whom you got the paint for your Fusion & Santro?

Cheers,
Vikram
The chap is off Jangli Maharaj Road. As you come from Sancheti Hospital side into JM Rd. you get all the mobile shops on the left. After this there is Hotle Panchali & on the corner there will be a fancy handcart selling Sabudana Wadas (fried in pure ghee no less! - taste it also). There is a lane going in on the left. After entering this lane, if I remember correctly, the shop is in the second lane on the right. The Sabudana Wada Chap's main shop is a good landmark in the main lane. Ask around if you need to. There is virtually no parking to be had, for love or money, in these lanes so do the initial recce on foot.

Best of luck in finding the shop.
sridhar-v is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 28th April 2014, 19:07   #371
Distinguished - BHPian

Infractions: 0/2 (9)

Quote:
Originally Posted by joybhowmik View Post
I would not recommend com paints after having tried them. Here's why...
1) There's no way they can do a paint match. Not like the multi-spot sampling one gets when one buys the paints from an auto paint retail outlet.

2) Paint in the can does not have the right viscosity. It causes the paint to run, which looks terrible.

3) Although they ship a finishing solvent (com-merge), in reality it just does not have the same effect as clear coat.

My recommendation is to stay away from com-paints.

I was looking for these paint pens and tubes etc on a recent visit to the US.
However, upon reflection, I decided completely against all this because we in India still have access to some fantastic car repair and paintwork places at relatively inexpensive prices. Such as Trend Automotive in Bangalore.

Therefore, as long as such facilities exist for us, it makes better sense to get the professional chaps to attend to faults if any, rather than indulge in a spot of DIY, especially when it is one's expensive car that is the guinea pig under consideration!
shankar.balan is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 4th May 2014, 21:07   #372

Quote:
Originally Posted by uditmohanty View Post
Many friends have recommended com-paint. I personally do not have good experience with them.....
Com-Paint is to be avoided clearly. I just got the value pack after a lot of waiting and it does not come as a matching color for my Honda City (color=UT).

Earlier I tried my luck with their PEN solution and it came to me dry. After sending the snaps etc, these guys left me with a hopeless reply and did not exchange.

In India (as someone pointed earlier) the best solution is the paint shops. I got it done earlier for 2500 (one side door + bumper + small area)
uditmohanty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th May 2014, 08:56   #373
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shankar.balan View Post

Therefore, as long as such facilities exist for us, it makes better sense to get the professional chaps to attend to faults if any, rather than indulge in a spot of DIY, especially when it is one's expensive car that is the guinea pig under consideration!

This is exactly what I found when I wanted to do some diy work on my car. Labour is cheap as chips in India. There are a large no. Of shops in India with varying skill levels. It's much easier to find a small facility being run by amateur boys with one or two "pro" owners. It's easy to supervise the work you want done and local shops are usually very eager to impress new customers..
drsingh is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 5th May 2014, 17:38   #374

hi can anybody help me find a sleek silver colour touch-up tube for hyundai i10 old.
sonil.luthra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd September 2014, 12:53   #375
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thad E Ginathom View Post
Paintscratch.com

These USA people work by the manufacturer's colour codes, so the paints they supply should be an exact match.

Unfortunately, spray cans and larger quantities are not available for overseas orders.

I have some very fine scratches on my polo, but some are deep enough to reach through the colour. Nothing down to metal, I'm glad to say. VW, over the past year or two, had two different names for the glacier (now 'emotion' blue) and I could not find the colour code on Paintscratch's site. After a little web detective work on the colour names, I emailed them the results, which they confirmed, and added the year/manufacturer/model/colour so that it showed up on their site. They replied to every email within an hour or two, even the one appreciating the quick delivery.

I ordered touch-up pens of my custom colour and clearcoat, along with some various grades of wet-&-dry and a small pouch of rubbing compound.

Ordered March 30th --- delivered April 7th. Pretty good going.

The bad news? It's expensive, especially including shipping. My little kit cost me over US$40.

I have no idea how well I'll be able to do the job, and won't have the chance to find out for a couple of weeks. It would actually be easier if the scratches were wider.

Back in 1990, my UK VW Golf had a proper touch-up kit supplied with the car.

Hey,

How are the results? for a touch up what else are required apart from what they suggest. I would appreciate it if you can share your results.

Touch up pen kit includes 2 pens, rubbing compound and a thinner. Do we need to order anything else apart from this kit?
Amarendranath is offline   Reply With Quote