Go Back   Team-BHP > Under the Hood > Modifications & Accessories

Old 7th March 2005, 11:54   #16
Team-BHP Support

yes MM.
Q: why wont skoda offer this option? they offered all other options like headlight washers (which I cant figure out) and a sun roof that we in India hardly use. the mirrors and 4 spoke steering wheel as available on the L&K would have made more sense.
navin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th March 2005, 12:10   #17
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
why wont skoda offer this option?
Are you talking retracting mirrors? firstly, is this an option abroad? i don't recall reading about it anywhere. So if this was never offered abroad, the costs would have been too high for them to develop it and offer it only in India. Think about it, they sell the Octavia here with heated wing mirrors only because it would have been more expensive for them to remove that feature than to sell the car with it. If the Octi had retractable mirrors abroad, I'm sure they would have been sold with it here as well. Atleast on the L&K.

As for the steering wheel, if you do manage to change over to the L&K wheel, PM me and I'll buy your 3-spoke off you!

Last edited by Rtech : 7th March 2005 at 12:12.
Rtech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th March 2005, 17:10   #18
Team-BHP Support

u prefer the 3 spoke?
Old 7th March 2005, 17:55   #19
Team-BHP Support

You prefer the four spoke? Or is it that you would just like to have those radio controls on the steering wheel?

I personally love the 3 spoke.
Old 7th March 2005, 18:24   #20
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by navin
at first they seemesd sensitive then you realise that untill the beeps got real fast you dont have to worry when the one is continous you are about 8-12" away from an object.
Hi Navin,

Even I am interested in getting the Parking Sensors fitted to my new car, which I intend to buy shortly, Can you please tell me who does the fitting of these in Bombay, Can we have the car dealers to fix it when we buy the new cars.

THANKS
Irwin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th March 2005, 19:07   #21
Team-BHP Support

i like the have the radio controls. i dont know any 3 spoke wheels that have this. and skoda does offer the 4 spoke in the L&K so why not on the RS? Or does Skoda think that someone who is going 0-100 in under 9 secs will not be interested in listening to music. i would argue that someone who is going 0-100 in under 9 secs should have both hands on the wheel (and eyes on the road :-) ) and needs a 4 spoke wheel even more.
Old 7th March 2005, 20:26   #22
BHPian

Lightbulb

will let you know about the mirror wiring harness as soon as i sort it out as i now i am facing a bigger problem sourcing the mirror joystick control with the retract option .

fitting the L&K steering wheel with cd controls is not as simple as it seems .. you will also have to go in for the skoda six cd changer from the L&k and the wiring from the steering wheel into the dashboard will be nearly impossible to retrofit

and yes i too prefer the 3 spoke over the 4 spoke

Last edited by Mad Monkey : 7th March 2005 at 20:28.
Mad Monkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th March 2005, 00:21   #23
Team-BHP Support

that would mean that skoda could have made a nice packet if they offered these options. the harder something is to retrofit the more the manufacturer can charge.
Old 9th March 2005, 08:09   #24
Team-BHP Support

Another thing I noticed is that the RS does not come with a rear wash/wipe - a bit mean if you ask me !
ajmat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th March 2005, 09:10   #25
Team-BHP Support

Post power mirror

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rtech
BTW, does the RS have power retractable wing mirrors? If so I would like to retro fit those to my TDi as the mirrors have take quite a beating.
Rtech:
was just surfing eBay and saw a couple of power mirrors for an Audi A3 on sale.
as the Skoda Octavia is based on that platform, maybe you can get Audi A3 mirrors fitted on the Octavia. you just might get them cheaper on eBay.
ofcourse, slight fitment modifications might be reqd - for which you will have to consult an expert.

just thought i'd mention it as i was browsing team-bhp at the same time and saw your post regarding the power mirrors.

ad
aah78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th March 2005, 10:07   #26
Team-BHP Support

aah, I was thinking the same thing. Audi A4 or VW Jetta mirriors should be easy to fit. The mechanism if not the actual mirror housing itself.
Old 9th March 2005, 10:27   #27
Team-BHP Support

ajmat, skoda replied that the rear wiper was found to be not required by their indian customers so while the older cars did come with it the newwe models dont.

Rtech, I was thinking Audi A4 too! Just was not bold enough to publicise this as i have no clue as to the compatibility. i thought the skoda was built on the VW Golf platform and none of the VW golf'f I have seen have power retractable mirrors. but VW Jettas do.
Old 9th March 2005, 10:55   #28
Team-BHP Support

VW Jetta = Golf with a boot.
The Audi A4 shares the same platform as the Golf family.
Old 9th March 2005, 11:00   #29
BHPian

Lightbulb

i have already looked up the various VAG platforms and the closest compatible mirrors are from the superb .

navin, rtech .. if both of you are serious about getting theese mirrors fitted Pm and we could together work towards it .

other functional interior mods in the pipeline

Self dimming rear view mirrors
W8 interior light
R32 dotmatrix instrument cluster

Last edited by Mad Monkey : 9th March 2005 at 11:06.
Mad Monkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th March 2005, 11:05   #30
Team-BHP Support

sounds good MM. I'm off to Autobahn sometime this week (darn rear door squeek has started again!) so will check out some things while there.