Go Back   Team-BHP > Under the Hood > Modifications & Accessories

Old 8th November 2004, 21:51   #1

I have a Vtec and the seats in the front suck especially for long drives and it adds to my back problem . Any suggestions as to what seats should i put or should i customise the existing seat to some extent, i am looking for a seat which has good lumbar and thigh support ( both are lacking in the current stock seats) .... need help as to whom to approach in bangalore for this ....
Firestarter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th November 2004, 04:11   #2
Senior - BHPian

Hi Firestarter

You could look at Sparco or pseudo-Sparco seats. These seats generally hug your body better and can be ordered or hunted for to suit your body shape, structure and size. Dominic should be better equipped to find you a seller in Bangalore.

Revvmaster
Revvmaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th November 2004, 05:11   #3
BHPian

hey firestarter...sparco have an authorised dealer in bangalore but the prices are very expensive. better to get some fake stuff like the recaro's or the fake sparco's that you find on a lot of bangalore cars. a pair should be availbale for around 10000 rupees.
killjoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th November 2004, 14:28   #4
BHPian

Any places in Mumbai for this? I've been having a few back problems with my Zen stock seats as well. I'd like to check out a few different seats and actually sit in them before I buy them!

- Aalaap
aalaap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th November 2004, 14:32   #5
Senior - BHPian

Killjoy, know any places in Bangalore where i can get the sparco imitation seats?

Amitoj
amitoj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th November 2004, 23:24   #6
BANNED

why dont u try burma bazaar.... they do have some new car shoppes there..!!
vishnugnair is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th November 2004, 03:57   #7
BHPian

hey amitoj, there are a lot of places that sell imitation seats in bangalore. you just have to tell them that you are not looking for the original things and they will then pull out the fake stuff from thier back rooms. try asking anil padiwal from hot tracks or mahendra reddy from ozone. they seem to be your safest bet. or i also heard that shresta (from INRC fame) has some old sparco seats for sale, you can try checking with him also.

killjoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th November 2004, 06:58   #8
BHPian

Man even Im looking out for some, Gto gave me a guys number who is in dadar he is somewhere next to the bus stand I have the address with me in Pune but he makes them the price ranges from 2500 to 5000 Rs gave him a call but I had to leave for saudi in a couple of days and he said it would take fifteen days which I didnt have *so Im still on the look out for some seats I heard choor bazar has some good deals why dont u check it out aalaap???

Team Fiat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th November 2004, 07:18   #9
Distinguished - BHPian

i have a query abt my seat in my ford endeavour. The driver seat is really low even if u r tall u dont get proper judgement of the road and if ur average height its hard too and if u r short forget abt it. I knwo it really suck that ford made such a big flaw and did give height adjustable seats. So i have been using a pillow ever since the car came to help me get proper judgement coz i not like 5 feet 9inchs and still hae a problem and my driver is like 5 feet 4 and he can barely see without the pillow. What solution do u guys suggest? i dont wanna put seat covers that for sure...using the orignal seat material wat do u think i can get done for this problem?
Sahil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd September 2006, 22:25   #10
BHPian

Default Height Adjustment

Hi - my query is two fold
Is it possible to get seats with Height adjustment facility fitted onto a car or
get current seats modified so as to fit them with height adjustment facility

If so, in Delhi which are the best accessory dealers for this - or the original dealer would be best
Thanks
vikrantw1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd September 2006, 07:32   #11
BHPian

i would also like to incorporate seat height adjuster to my baleno.........lxi
premdiv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd September 2006, 08:08   #12
DRC
BHPian

Let me join the band too.

I am rather looking for something luxurious than sporty like sparco.
I would say must have height , inclination , lumber support adjustments. And the My present radio knob kind of adjustment for the backrest sucks, Some lever type should do.

Any piece of advice.
DRC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd September 2006, 09:29   #13
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by DRC
Let me join the band too.

I am rather looking for something luxurious than sporty like sparco.
I would say must have height , inclination , lumber support adjustments. And the My present radio knob kind of adjustment for the backrest sucks, Some lever type should do.

Any piece of advice.
Hi Guys,

The cheapest option would be to retrofit a seat having these features into your car. You could source out used seats having these features for as low as 1-2k in exchange for your existing seats and refurbish them. At the end it depends on which car you have as the space may not allow to fit. Also you may have to make new holes to match mounting points. I know of some people who have done the same in Mumbai.

Viper
viper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd September 2006, 13:24   #14
BHPian

Hey Firestarter !!

I too had a back problem with my old honda city vtec seats, well i got them replaced with the replica recaro seats, they are really comfortable and hugs ur body, i paid somewhere close to 18k for a pair !
Pics from my car..
ollie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd September 2006, 23:30   #15
BHPian

Ollie, how good are these seats? i saw them in a shop here in Hyderabad, hmm, dun remember the price, but they looked good, and yea, am sure they were the replica recaro coz they were in the same price range i believe.

Are they comfortable? reall good kinda? or wud u say the stick to Oem seats?
this i was considering for my Tucson.
Insane Devil is offline   Reply With Quote