Go Back   Team-BHP > Under the Hood > Modifications & Accessories

Old 12th December 2006, 13:15   #31
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTS
upgrading to 100/90 requires the use of relay? Will the brighter bulb weaken the reflectors within the headlamp assembly? The stock bulb on the Baleno is pathetic.
U can safely use 100/90 and definitely need a relay(aka cutout).
Dont go overboard to 130/100 or 140/110...too much light/heat produced.
nitrous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th December 2006, 13:51   #32
BHPian

@ nitrous, thank you

One good practice is to switch off headlight (put parking lights) when the car is not moving, for eg: when you are stuck on a traffic signal.
WhiteKnight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th December 2006, 09:18   #33
BHPian

Speaking only for myself, I was looking at fog lamps only for aesthetics. Yes, increasing the headlight power will serve the purpose. I am still little uncertain about using 100/90W esp when stock bulbs are 60/55W. Car being new, afraid to install addl cut outs, ceramic holder etc.

Why not look at Philips Vision Plus. Please check the thread on Halogen Lamps.
Nitrous.. I think purchase those bulbs in Chennai. Where do you get them ?.
Subbu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th December 2006, 11:51   #34
BHPian

hi all, i agree with nitrous regarding the 100/90 for headlights, its perfect, dont go beyond that, and pls use philips 100/90 its the best.now about the fog lamps, theres hella"micro"[made in germany]which i am using,which is perfect fit for baleno fog lamp slot,its rs.3000/- but worth it.pls try 2 avoid the localy made or chinese 1's cause water seeps in at rainy season and really gives a cheap look.
desigNation is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th December 2006, 16:25   #35
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by desigNation View Post
hi all, i agree with nitrous regarding the 100/90 for headlights, its perfect, dont go beyond that, and pls use philips 100/90 its the best.now about the fog lamps, theres hella"micro"[made in germany]which i am using,which is perfect fit for baleno fog lamp slot,its rs.3000/- but worth it.pls try 2 avoid the localy made or chinese 1's cause water seeps in at rainy season and really gives a cheap look.
Would you be able to give the model no, if any, of the Hella lamps ?
How much did the philips cost you ? Did you fit them at the dealer ?
shuvc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th December 2006, 23:00   #36
BHPian

hello shuvc, i was outta town so sorry for the late reply,i jus know that the fog lamp i am using is called hella "micro"[got it from car shringar bangalore] and the philips 100/90 is jus 120/- per bulb,
desigNation is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th January 2007, 16:25   #37
Senior - BHPian

Exclamation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Subbu View Post
Car being new, afraid to install addl cut outs, ceramic holder etc.
Technically I know that this would void your warranty (any small mod in fact voids warranty).

But in practise do the service station/manager create issues for new cars that have switched to 100/90 bulbs?
s0uljah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th January 2007, 16:46   #38
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by s0uljah View Post
But in practise do the service station/manager create issues for new cars that have switched to 100/90 bulbs?
Not really mate. I have mine changed over and still havent faced any such issues. Also on my old car(Alto) had got them changed to 100/90 bulbs from the dealership itself.

Last edited by rjstyles69 : 30th January 2007 at 16:47.
rjstyles69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th January 2007, 22:36   #39
BHPian

i got the fog lamp fitted from indus motors trivandrum, not maruti originals for rs 1500/- including fitting charges. company is ozone or something like that. but did not last one week, as they were faulty and one of them starts melting out, and now they have ordered for fresh ones and will replace when they arrive for free. so maruti does provide warranty if yu are in good terms with them.
premdiv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31st January 2007, 14:10   #40
BHPian

Go for a good pair of Neon coloured Fog lamps.....I think the company is !!!!! Something cardec or so??? Sorry cant help u out with the company but seen them getting sold in Khan market (Delhi).......
carlover84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th March 2007, 17:59   #41
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Subbu View Post
I am still little uncertain about using 100/90W esp when stock bulbs are 60/55W. Car being new, afraid to install addl cut outs, ceramic holder etc.
ABT had mentioned some services offered by them on the back of their service bills. One of them was fixing brighter halogen lamps along with relays. I called them and they said it will cost me 1500 to upgrade to 90W100 bulbs along with the relay (cut outs). Is this a good price to get the job done ? Being an authorised service centre, I hope they will do a good job. And for those with new cars under warranty, need not worry about warranty going for a toss.
supremeBaleno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st April 2007, 00:15   #42
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by supremeBaleno View Post
ABT had mentioned some services offered by them on the back of their service bills. One of them was fixing brighter halogen lamps along with relays. I called them and they said it will cost me 1500 to upgrade to 90W100 bulbs along with the relay (cut outs). Is this a good price to get the job done ? Being an authorised service centre, I hope they will do a good job. And for those with new cars under warranty, need not worry about warranty going for a toss.
i got an estimate of 1400 bucks for fitting the same 90/100 W bulb with roots relay and wiring harness...this was from the indus motors and they assured tht it wont affect the warranty and if any troubles jus take the car to them...if anybody have done the same mod ,please list ur suggestions...

btw the accessories guy at the dealer also said tht if i replace the stock bulb with the philips visionplus series bulb of same rating,it would produce much intense light....this saves the money on the relay and wiring harness and the warranty problems...also heard tht the bulb costs 250 bucks....does anybody know how good this is compared to stock baleno bulbs??
hari_rama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st April 2007, 11:04   #43
Senior - BHPian

100/90 on the baleno is going to be a big pain.These are the problems you are going to face:
The headlight dome reflector thingies are going to become dull in a year
The headlight cover may develop blisters(as in the case of my car)
The H4 connector thiing is going to melt on the bulb which is really difficult to remove.To get the bulb out,you are either going to have to cut the harness(read:warranty void) or hmmm..if you find a way,let me know

Your safest bet is xenons.11k,.buy it..use it for your next car also!
binz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st April 2007, 11:32   #44
BHPian

hey binz,the dealer showed a baleno belonging to them and showed tht it had the same 100/90 bulb since last a year or so??also hadn asked bout the holder melting n other issues then they said tht the roots wiring kit includes all those things??
n about the HID kits are you sure tht its available for 11k
does it come with the projector reflectors??or should we use it on the stock headlamp reflectors??
hari_rama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st April 2007, 12:16   #45
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hari_rama View Post
hey binz,the dealer showed a baleno belonging to them and showed tht it had the same 100/90 bulb since last a year or so??also hadn asked bout the holder melting n other issues then they said tht the roots wiring kit includes all those things??
n about the HID kits are you sure tht its available for 11k
does it come with the projector reflectors??or should we use it on the stock headlamp reflectors??
Well my car has been running 100/90 for 6 years now.IF you compare the Reflectors of my car mith Mclarens car theres a helluva lot of difference.

The melting case is possible becase till date two 100/90 bulbs have got stuck due two the harness melting on the bulb.

HID kits are available with autofusion.A friend of mine bought it for 11.2k.Contact bluraven,..he will definately try and get you a discount.

Ask LBM the last question..
binz is offline   Reply With Quote