Go Back   Team-BHP > Under the Hood > Modifications & Accessories

Old 9th December 2006, 21:53   #1
BHPian

Default Modified Swift

hey guys i have a swift zxi...i have put a k&n extreme filter and iradium spark plugs....I AM SOOOOOO HAPPY WITH THE RESULTS the car runs so well and is a huge difference from stockk.....i now want to carry on modding the engine...pls tell me what all i can do to get the maximum power increase from the engine without changing it or turbo charging it....not bothered bout the warranty so let me know what all i should do and how much it should cost me....where is the best place in mumbai to get it done....and how long will it take to get done
gemballa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th December 2006, 22:36   #2
Senior - BHPian

Gembella,

Try contacting Viper.
Do post some pics of your ride.

Mugen.
Mugen_Power is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th December 2006, 23:09   #3
Senior - BHPian

pics plllllss.!!!!

cheers
faithless
faithless_1984 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th December 2006, 23:43   #4
aZa
Senior - BHPian

Gemballa post some pics bruh!! Since u already have a intake and plugs get a freeflow exhaust done up by VIPER or Automech, you are gonna love the sound and performance
aZa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th December 2006, 06:08   #5
BHPian

You may go for bigger alloys with low profile wider tyres if not already. The Body kit will also add value to the looks. Your car will get a sporty look. You may also look at sunroof.

Last edited by goldsun : 10th December 2006 at 06:10.
goldsun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th December 2006, 09:00   #6
BANNED

Hi,

Since you are not concerned about warranty and want to remain NA here's what I would suggest:

1> Free Flow Exhaust
2> Throttle Body Enlargement
3> Porting/Polishing
4> Head Shaving( Only if you are going to use 97 Octane)
5> High Lift Camshafts with adjustable vernier pulley
6> Stand Alone Engine Management System or Piggy Back

If you want something more wicked then engine swap with either a 1.6 twin cam or SOHC(Baleno) engine.

Have not suggested Turbo since you do not want it.

Viper

Quote:
Originally Posted by gemballa View Post
hey guys i have a swift zxi...i have put a k&n extreme filter and iradium spark plugs....I AM SOOOOOO HAPPY WITH THE RESULTS the car runs so well and is a huge difference from stockk.....i now want to carry on modding the engine...pls tell me what all i can do to get the maximum power increase from the engine without changing it or turbo charging it....not bothered bout the warranty so let me know what all i should do and how much it should cost me....where is the best place in mumbai to get it done....and how long will it take to get done
viper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th December 2006, 20:04   #7
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by gemballa View Post
Gemballa,

Hope you have upgraded the plug wires, if not then have them upgrade to MSD or Spitfire to squeeze the best out of the plugs. In addition to this, get a FreeFlow Exhaust. If you need anything from Chennai PM me. I can give you better deals.

- Harmon

Last edited by harmon_bro : 10th December 2006 at 20:06.
harmon_bro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th December 2006, 00:57   #8
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by viper View Post
Hi,

Since you are not concerned about warranty and want to remain NA here's what I would suggest:

1> Free Flow Exhaust
2> Throttle Body Enlargement
3> Porting/Polishing
4> Head Shaving( Only if you are going to use 97 Octane)
5> High Lift Camshafts with adjustable vernier pulley
6> Stand Alone Engine Management System or Piggy Back

If you want something more wicked then engine swap with either a 1.6 twin cam or SOHC(Baleno) engine.

Have not suggested Turbo since you do not want it.

Viper
Hi Viper,
I was also planning to do porting and shaving for my 1.6 palio. Why were you specific on 97 octane back there? Could you explain?
16v100bhp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th December 2006, 10:39   #9
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by 16v100bhp View Post
Hi Viper,
I was also planning to do porting and shaving for my 1.6 palio. Why were you specific on 97 octane back there? Could you explain?
Well 97 octane is required after you shave a head because the compression ratio increases and with 91 octane fuel you will experience knocking in the engine.
vikram_d is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th December 2006, 10:56   #10
BHPian

low profile wheels will kill ur suspensions on indian roads, will mess up the comfort as well .. swift already have quite a big tire ... dont go below 205/55 / R15
gdhiraj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th December 2006, 10:59   #11
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by 16v100bhp View Post
Hi Viper,
Viper ... i have got free flow exhaust in my 1.8 Optra with a K&N performance filter (replacing the stock intake air box) .. somehow i feel car have more vibrations now .. is it possible that more air going in might be messing it up ? i am planning to go back to stock exhaust and putting back the stock air intake box and just replace the filter with K&N .. any suggestions.
gdhiraj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th December 2006, 11:05   #12
Senior - BHPian

hey viper,how much does the iradium spark plugs cost are any model numbers for the same and compactable with all cars from 1.3L - 1.6L?
ramie2400 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th December 2006, 11:05   #13
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by vikram_d View Post
Well 97 octane is required after you shave a head because the compression ratio increases and with 91 octane fuel you will experience knocking in the engine.

Hey, the car doesn't knock really, but the difference between 91 and 97 becomes much more noticable. I guess a lot depends on how much the head has been shaved/ compression ratio increased.
Boom Shiva is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th December 2006, 12:06   #14
BHPian

i changed my spark plugs too iridium too. I feel a slight difference in pick and more smooth running, but onlly just a bit....
Beeman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th December 2006, 08:47   #15
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by ramie2400 View Post
hey viper,how much does the iradium spark plugs cost are any model numbers for the same and compactable with all cars from 1.3L - 1.6L?
Hi,

The OWS twin tips cost Rs750/- each. There are different plugs for different car manufacturers. Some plugs can be used with other makes, nothing to do with engine size.

Viper
viper is offline   Reply With Quote