Go Back   Team-BHP > Under the Hood > Modifications & Accessories

Old 11th December 2006, 17:17   #916
Senior - BHPian

Default New Honda Released

Why do people do this? Why?

This was a perfectly stock Baleno and in impeccable condition. Not a scratch on it's shiny black coat. Then why did he have to go ahead and do this?
manveet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th December 2006, 17:27   #917
Senior - BHPian

@manveet- hey maybe he stole that from ur honda ??

Last edited by faithless_1984 : 11th December 2006 at 17:29.
faithless_1984 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th December 2006, 17:32   #918
Senior - BHPian

Yesterday was a sad day.

I was driving down from Dhaula Kuan and I see this heavily stickered OHC in front of me. The first thing that caught my attention were the now so common vertical stripes running down the centreline of the car. Ok, if that wasn't bad enough, also the fake vent stickers on the bumper.

My second thought was .. whoa .. NEAT alloys ..

And the third thought was more like an "aha" realisation - the one that filled my day with sadness .. but since I had already whipped out my camera phone - I could not put it back inside simply because the subject belonged to a fellow TBhpian .. not sure who exactly .. anyhow I apologize ..

.. but I remember mentioning in his garage that the stickered phrase was incomplete .. ("it's not how you stand by your car .. ") to which he had replied something on the lines of - "good observation - but the picture was taken when stickering was incomplete".

Seems it was REALLY incomplete.

Here it is ..

Old 11th December 2006, 19:21   #919
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by manveet View Post
Yesterday was a sad day.

I was driving down from Dhaula Kuan and I see this heavily stickered OHC in front of me. The first thing that caught my attention were the now so common vertical stripes running down the centreline of the car. Ok, if that wasn't bad enough, also the fake vent stickers on the bumper.

And the third thought was more like an "aha" realisation - the one that filled my day with sadness .. but since I had already whipped out my camera phone - I could not put it back inside simply because the subject belonged to a fellow TBhpian .. not sure who exactly .. anyhow I apologize ..

.. but I remember mentioning in his garage that the stickered phrase was incomplete .. ("it's not how you stand by your car .. ") to which he had replied something on the lines of - "good observation - but the picture was taken when stickering was incomplete".

Here it is ..

aint that a vtec ? ? ? ? ?
jesal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th December 2006, 19:24   #920
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by elf View Post
Dude, the car looks great - & think about it - the only way to make the ugly Zen Classic cute would be to lop it's roof off.

From the looks of it, it seems like a great job. Chicks would love it. And I'm really not kidding this time.
I know who this car belongs to, infact i was driving it yesterday with all the attention!
It has actually been modded by maruti itself and was kept at the factory to show visitors around and was finally sold through an auction.
The car in question: http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/294349-post551.html (Pics of weird and wacky mod jobs!)

Last edited by extreme_torque : 11th December 2006 at 19:40.
extreme_torque is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th December 2006, 01:47   #921
Senior - BHPian

Ok this has to be some of the weirdest sh!t I've seen in a while.

The car in question belongs to a young sardarji who's obviouly quite a playboy & he's probably been regularly reprimanded by his father for this habit, SO he's had this written on the bonnet of his car to make sure everyone knows his intentions

Sorry about the pic quality, was at a party so only had my phone with me. Enjoy!!!!!!!!!!

Last edited by iraghava : 12th December 2006 at 01:50.
iraghava is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th December 2006, 03:11   #922
BANNED

Infractions: 0/1 (10)

@iraghava:woah dude aren't you hanging out at all the cool places.now all you need is a sticker on ur ohc which reads "mom says,dada no daru"...
hellspawn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th December 2006, 06:17   #923
Senior - BHPian

A 4 wheel drive esteem???Maybe he has no clue about 4x4...what he probably thinks is that the car has 4 wheels so 4 wheel drive.. ..

@irhava Nice find....

Godfather

Quote:
Originally Posted by BUSA View Post
Even i was wondering but then it struck me. MER. BENZE - Mercedes Benz
And the extra "E" on the BENZ should be the E class...

Last edited by adya33 : 12th December 2006 at 10:26.
Godfather is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th December 2006, 08:38   #924
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Godfather View Post
And the extra "E" on the BENZ should be the E class...
Or... He'd have failed in his school english...

Man! he esteem was one car!!! To add to it... the lines... the car will be a good BYE...
CrAzY dRiVeR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th December 2006, 09:30   #925
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jesal View Post
aint that a vtec ? ? ? ? ?
Yes. an OHC vtec. what's the confusion?
Old 12th December 2006, 10:43   #926
NIP
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by manveet View Post
Yesterday was a sad day.

Here it is ..

i dont understand...whats wacky about this OHC ?!? did i miss something here...??
NIP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th December 2006, 11:01   #927
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by NIP View Post
i dont understand...whats wacky about this OHC ?!? did i miss something here...??
Quote:
Originally Posted by manveet
I was driving down from Dhaula Kuan and I see this heavily stickered OHC in front of me. The first thing that caught my attention were the now so common vertical stripe stickers running down the centreline of the car. Ok, if that wasn't bad enough, also the fake vent stickers on the bumper.
Well, I must admit, it's not THAT whacky, but still yaar, the clean lines of the OHC deserve more respect.

Anyhow, even if you are putting fake vent stickers, atleast put them where one expects to find real vents.

Plus, the camera angle didn't capture all the stickers
Old 12th December 2006, 11:19   #928
Jay
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pramodkumar View Post
Here is my contribution towards a noble cause....

eBay India: RED BEAUTY....JUST SEE ..ISN'T IT? (item 130056607833 end time 14-Dec-2006 10:23:59 IST)

Disclaimer:- I do not intend to do any kind of marketing for this guy but was just knocked down from my chair when i read what this guy has written about this car.
... nice find there Pramod.
Jay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th December 2006, 12:12   #929
elf
BANNED

C'mon manveet - from the pics, the OHC doesn't really look like a wacky job except for it's slightly OTT stickering.
elf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th December 2006, 12:31   #930
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by elf View Post
C'mon manveet - from the pics, the OHC doesn't really look like a wacky job except for it's slightly OTT stickering.
Ok, my bad .. guess i'm just too trigger-happy these days

What about this .. on my way to office today ..

looks like the wide-body kit is floating on the car ..