Go Back   Team-BHP > Under the Hood > Modifications & Accessories


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 23rd April 2010, 11:41   #11071
Senior - BHPian
 
silversteed's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: PGT//BLR//STR
Posts: 1,915
Thanked: 1,294 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by SS-Traveller View Post
Would anyone please clarify what this jungle-gym-on-wheels is doing on the roads of Delhi?

Attachment 335450

Attachment 335451
Nice catch!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ac 427 View Post
Did not know where this should go, so i put it up here... but its SUPER.
Attachment 335752
Not again This same pic has appeared in this thread more than once

@foby.sebastian:

That looks ok to me. Build quality is questionable, but on the whole, it looks, well, interesting. Hard to believe it's an SS80 on first look.

Last edited by silversteed : 23rd April 2010 at 11:45.
silversteed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th April 2010, 23:05   #11072
Senior - BHPian
 
YC.BALENO.CHD's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Pune
Posts: 1,066
Thanked: 30 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by foby.sebastian View Post
Check out the ss80 hatch , found lying in a junk yard in thrissur.
Its parked where it deserves to be.
What a pity though, all that money the owner shelled out sticking a boot could had very well been used for a restoration job. Given that prices for used SS80s are on a rise the owner could had got enough cash to get himself a Cielo whose boot is a standard accessory.



Regards
YC.BALENO.CHD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th April 2010, 00:30   #11073
BANNED
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: BANGalore
Posts: 729
Thanked: 6 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by foby.sebastian View Post
Check out the ss80 hatch , found lying in a junk yard in thrissur.
Looking at the Doors and the Vents behind the bonnet, it resembles an Maruti800. Pretty well done job
Sujith1100 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th April 2010, 09:49   #11074
Senior - BHPian
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: |
Posts: 4,647
Thanked: 3,134 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by foby.sebastian View Post
Check out the ss80 hatch , found lying in a junk yard in thrissur.
Maruti should have learnt how to create the Dzire after seeing this. While this mod sure is wacky, the integration of boot to the hatch looks far better in this red car.
sidindica is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 25th April 2010, 12:53   #11075
BHPian
 
Ripper's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Mumbai
Posts: 253
Thanked: 20 Times
Default

^^^Thats just what i was about to say. The front on the 800 could have been better, but the rest of the car viz. Boot, side profile etc is flawless. The designers at maruti have really ruined the dzire with the ugly butt job.
Ripper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th April 2010, 14:07   #11076
Senior - BHPian
 
AyAn!'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Durgapur/Calcutta/Pune
Posts: 2,166
Thanked: 846 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by sidindica View Post
Maruti should have learnt how to create the Dzire after seeing this. While this mod sure is wacky, the integration of boot to the hatch looks far better in this red car.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ripper View Post
^^^Thats just what i was about to say. The front on the 800 could have been better, but the rest of the car viz. Boot, side profile etc is flawless. The designers at maruti have really ruined the dzire with the ugly butt job.
Before pointing fingers at Maruti designers for creating an ugly Dezire,please care to take note that the SS80 and the Swift are as different as chalk and cheese when it comes to design.The SS80's simple,pleasing design meant slapping on a boot would always generate a proportionate looking sedan. Much like today's Mark VI Golf/Jetta pair from VW.

The Swift on the other hand was never designed keeping in mind that it would have a booted version.The stubby nose,the jet fighter canopy inspired glasshouse,the high waistline on the hatch meant adding a boot would mess it all up and ruin its essence.A Swift sedan would look ugly by default. Try sketching a boot onto a Swift and you'll get the drift.I think the designers at Maruti did a decent enough job.Even Guigiaro couldn't have done better!

A Swift looks best as it was meant to be.A spunky lil' hatch.Period.
AyAn! is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 25th April 2010, 14:20   #11077
Senior - BHPian
 
YC.BALENO.CHD's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Pune
Posts: 1,066
Thanked: 30 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by AyAn! View Post
Before pointing fingers at Maruti designers for creating an ugly Dezire,please care to take note that the SS80 and the Swift are as different as chalk and cheese when it comes to design.The SS80's simple,pleasing design meant slapping on a boot would always generate a proportionate looking sedan. Much like today's Mark VI Golf/Jetta pair from VW.

The Swift on the other hand was never designed keeping in mind that it would have a booted version.The stubby nose,the jet fighter canopy inspired glasshouse,the high waistline on the hatch meant adding a boot would mess it all up and ruin its essence.A Swift sedan would look ugly by default. Try sketching a boot onto a Swift and you'll get the drift.I think the designers at Maruti did a decent enough job.Even Guigiaro couldn't have done better!

A Swift looks best as it was meant to be.A spunky lil' hatch.Period.


+1 to above. I could not had said it better.


Regards.
YC.BALENO.CHD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th April 2010, 14:36   #11078
Senior - BHPian
 
Parm's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: in a Toyota!
Posts: 2,671
Thanked: 572 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by sidindica View Post
two pictures speak more than two words.
a similar looking civic in parked in sector 30 of Noida. its an absolute waste of taste!

taste what taste?
Parm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th April 2010, 10:04   #11079
BHPian
 
nick17s's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: New Delhi
Posts: 527
Thanked: 86 Times
Infractions: 0/1 (5)
Default

don't know whether it belongs to w&w, Hyundai Getz with black hatch
Attached Images
 
nick17s is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th April 2010, 11:16   #11080
BHPian
 
Karthik1100's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 573
Thanked: 356 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by AyAn! View Post
Before pointing fingers at Maruti designers for creating an ugly Dezire,please care to take note that the SS80 and the Swift are as different as chalk and cheese when it comes to design.The SS80's simple,pleasing design meant slapping on a boot would always generate a proportionate looking sedan. Much like today's Mark VI Golf/Jetta pair from VW.

The Swift on the other hand was never designed keeping in mind that it would have a booted version.The stubby nose,the jet fighter canopy inspired glasshouse,the high waistline on the hatch meant adding a boot would mess it all up and ruin its essence.A Swift sedan would look ugly by default. Try sketching a boot onto a Swift and you'll get the drift.I think the designers at Maruti did a decent enough job.Even Guigiaro couldn't have done better!

A Swift looks best as it was meant to be.A spunky lil' hatch.Period.
i'll design it and show you Ayan. it's a challenge for me. then you have to accept maruti designers are bad in designing.
first of all Swift body line is copied from BMW mini Cooper. imagine if mini cooper gets stretched and named as mega cooper how BMW would design
Karthik1100 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th April 2010, 12:08   #11081
BHPian
 
MARCUS_520i's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Mumbai
Posts: 512
Thanked: 129 Times
Default

@ nick17s : It's a paintjob, not a mod.
Neither is it weird or wacky, infact it's making the car look sporty!!
MARCUS_520i is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th April 2010, 13:11   #11082
Senior - BHPian
 
harishnayak's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: DELHI
Posts: 1,390
Thanked: 116 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by MARCUS_520i View Post
@ nick17s : It's a paintjob, not a mod.
Neither is it weird or wacky, infact it's making the car look sporty!!

I think that's why he said "don't know whether it belongs to w&w, Hyundai Getz with black hatch".

The ride looks ok though..would have looked better with tinted glasses.
harishnayak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th April 2010, 14:11   #11083
BHPian
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Pune
Posts: 263
Thanked: 10 Times
Default Dessi Sportscar - our own MS esteem

Found this on Pune streets, front was definitely weird

Pics of weird and wacky mod jobs!-image293s.jpg

Pics of weird and wacky mod jobs!-image294s.jpg
omishra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th April 2010, 17:45   #11084
BHPian
 
kingofmyworld's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Hyderabad / pensylvania.
Posts: 788
Thanked: 245 Times
Default

I just saw the episode of topgear on that fake RR by james may. From a distance, It looks just like an RR. Well, Almost :P
kingofmyworld is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th April 2010, 18:09   #11085
Senior - BHPian
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: |
Posts: 4,647
Thanked: 3,134 Times
Default

  • accent-uated maruti 800
    red car is an opel astra.
Attached Thumbnails
Pics of weird and wacky mod jobs!-dsc02812.jpg  

Pics of weird and wacky mod jobs!-dsc02817.jpg  

Pics of weird and wacky mod jobs!-dsc02818.jpg  

sidindica is online now   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Pics of Weird, Wacky & Funny stickers / badges on cars / bikes freakr Shifting gears 1911 27th November 2016 08:44
Weird, Wacky & Dangerous Motorcycle Modifications! Sankar Motorbikes 618 30th March 2016 09:11
Weird, Wacky, Informative & some not so...Info on travelling around the world!! SirAlec Street Experiences 10 11th June 2009 23:12
weired and wacky mod jobs in keraka... foby.sebastian Modifications & Accessories 3 16th October 2008 16:50
Weird And Wacky Repair Jobs adheesh Technical Stuff 1 16th July 2008 23:08


All times are GMT +5.5. The time now is 20:00.

Copyright 2000 - 2016, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks