Go Back   Team-BHP > Under the Hood > Modifications & Accessories


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 27th November 2009, 15:47   #706
BHPian
 
honda3938's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: patiala
Posts: 125
Thanked: 0 Times
Default

here is the pic of my ohc not much modded but mesh grille and smoked headlights.Foglights coming soon.hope you like it.sorry for poor image quality clicked with phone cam.
Attached Thumbnails
PICS - Modified Honda Citys and Vtecs-image092n.jpg  

honda3938 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th November 2009, 19:00   #707
BANNED
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: London
Posts: 5,012
Thanked: 147 Times
Default

Nice Simple Design. Looks Brilliant. How bad are the lights after the smoking?
Cyrus43 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th November 2009, 19:12   #708
BHPian
 
honda3938's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: patiala
Posts: 125
Thanked: 0 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyrus43 View Post
Nice Simple Design. Looks Brilliant. How bad are the lights after the smoking?
Thanx.decrease in visiblity not noticeable as i have upgraded lights.
honda3938 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th November 2009, 20:01   #709
BHPian
 
Cartman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Mumbai
Posts: 408
Thanked: 220 Times
Default

Looks good. Neatly done honda3938. I was planning something similiar for my Estilo. Got the mesh done, time for some smoking
Cartman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th December 2009, 17:36   #710
BHPian
 
darxide's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: pune,mh
Posts: 71
Thanked: 27 Times
Default

...and exhausts on both sides..V8 maybe!!
im sure the guys at "TRD" had a field day making an *** out of this one.
Quote:
Originally Posted by doomsday View Post
Couldn't resist posting this... but perhaps this is the only Honda that TRD have ever tuned..
darxide is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th December 2009, 17:44   #711
BHPian
 
darxide's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: pune,mh
Posts: 71
Thanked: 27 Times
Default

these guys are on a major acid trip. like a deranged monkey with a welding torch
Quote:
Originally Posted by spawnofsatan View Post
These guys are a disgrace to us, that car is riced out to the max.
darxide is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th December 2009, 18:21   #712
BHPian
 
darxide's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: pune,mh
Posts: 71
Thanked: 27 Times
Default

always wanted to "pimp my ride" and now heres some real inspiration......
Quote:
Originally Posted by drift2race View Post
this kinda things really suck because if you are spending big time on your car plz get some expert to do it or let it be the plain jane it always was ! it was beautiful that way !
Attached Thumbnails
PICS - Modified Honda Citys and Vtecs-img_1691-1600x1200.jpg  

Attached Images
 

Last edited by darxide : 10th December 2009 at 18:25. Reason: would like to add one more image
darxide is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th December 2009, 20:00   #713
Senior - BHPian
 
arjunrudra's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: chennai
Posts: 1,515
Thanked: 13 Times
Default

That blue is definitely a overdone city. Looks real bad. No Offense.Just my thought.
Posting pictures of my friends city. All the pictures here are of just one city in various forms.
And dont worry about the plates , have already got prior permission .
Attached Images
                

Last edited by arjunrudra : 10th December 2009 at 20:18.
arjunrudra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th December 2009, 22:56   #714
BANNED
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: London
Posts: 5,012
Thanked: 147 Times
Default

That White and the Blue Honda City look AWESOME!!! Totally COOL!!!
Cyrus43 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th December 2009, 22:54   #715
BHPian
 
Iamlegend's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Durgapur,West Bengal
Posts: 64
Thanked: 0 Times
Default

The modified OHC looks absolutely smashing....
Iamlegend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st December 2009, 00:41   #716
BHPian
 
Car-e-ok's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: New Orleans
Posts: 222
Thanked: 20 Times
Default

I dont know if my honda city forms a part of this thread as i dont believe in too much body modifications.So all i did was installed nice wheels in mine and played around a bit with suspension.The biggest drawback is the alloys being 16inches and wheels being 205/55 leave no room to bear shocks at all.One small bump and you can hear a squeeky voice until later you find out that your tyre hit the body.but i had to do it since i wanted to give it a muscular look so when i see from the front and notice the tyre a just a lil bit out from the body(just a tweek in proportion with the car) the feel i get is nothing in front of the pain i get with the suspension.Many people tried thisbut most of them gave up because soon they found out that they have nothing left now to play with the car.infact the shop owner told me that sir you can install these,i mean we are humans we do commit mistakes.But dont worry sir i will see you soon for 15 inchers and 190-195 tyre.I told him that he is talking to autoenthusiast not a driver.Its been proud 2 years and i have no intention to give up to this(This also remains a fact that i lost a tyre and broke one alloy on my last trip to delhi).Wink Wink.
Attached Thumbnails
PICS - Modified Honda Citys and Vtecs-img_0009.jpg  

PICS - Modified Honda Citys and Vtecs-img_0006.jpg  

PICS - Modified Honda Citys and Vtecs-15102006003.jpg  

Car-e-ok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st December 2009, 13:55   #717
BHPian
 
honda3938's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: patiala
Posts: 125
Thanked: 0 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Car-e-ok View Post
I dont know if my honda city forms a part of this thread as i dont believe in too much body modifications.So all i did was installed nice wheels in mine and played around a bit with suspension.The biggest drawback is the alloys being 16inches and wheels being 205/55 leave no room to bear shocks at all.One small bump and you can hear a squeeky voice until later you find out that your tyre hit the body.but i had to do it since i wanted to give it a muscular look so when i see from the front and notice the tyre a just a lil bit out from the body(just a tweek in proportion with the car) the feel i get is nothing in front of the pain i get with the suspension.Many people tried thisbut most of them gave up because soon they found out that they have nothing left now to play with the car.infact the shop owner told me that sir you can install these,i mean we are humans we do commit mistakes.But dont worry sir i will see you soon for 15 inchers and 190-195 tyre.I told him that he is talking to autoenthusiast not a driver.Its been proud 2 years and i have no intention to give up to this(This also remains a fact that i lost a tyre and broke one alloy on my last trip to delhi).Wink Wink.
i think 205/55 r16 are too big for honda city. I think you are inviting suspension related problems.anyways enjoy the ride
honda3938 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st December 2009, 23:11   #718
BHPian
 
Car-e-ok's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: New Orleans
Posts: 222
Thanked: 20 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by honda3938 View Post
i think 205/55 r16 are too big for honda city. I think you are inviting suspension related problems.anyways enjoy the ride
i know my friend but i installed these exactly 2 years back when this alloy design was not so common so i wanted to have these alloys whatsoever.so i kind off played with the suspension.It is indeed too big for honda city.I am coming from delhi let me tell you the moment i touched 140 in the highway i could feel tyres touching to the body unnecassarily without any bumps.But its ok i have got lots of appreciation from so many people that i dont really mind to be honest.
Car-e-ok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd December 2009, 01:46   #719
BHPian
 
ankitahuja's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Gurgaon & Delhi
Posts: 887
Thanked: 46 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Car-e-ok View Post
i know my friend but i installed these exactly 2 years back when this alloy design was not so common so i wanted to have these alloys whatsoever.so i kind off played with the suspension.It is indeed too big for honda city.I am coming from delhi let me tell you the moment i touched 140 in the highway i could feel tyres touching to the body unnecassarily without any bumps.But its ok i have got lots of appreciation from so many people that i dont really mind to be honest.
What Honda3938 means it that your tyre profile upsize for 16" alloys is wrong and it will scrape the wheel arch without a doubt.

It should be either 205/50 or 205/45. Someone can confirm.
ankitahuja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd December 2009, 01:55   #720
Senior - BHPian
 
pranavt's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Mumbai
Posts: 1,628
Thanked: 272 Times
Default

I think he knows it's going to cause problems. He still wants to stick with it regardless. Good luck with the handling and ride.
pranavt is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Where are the driver-oriented cars? The Honda Citys, Lancers, Balenos etc.? GTO The Indian Car Scene 130 5th December 2015 16:09
50,000 Honda Citys (ANHC) sold in a year sidindica The Indian Car Scene 151 8th December 2009 09:10
Of Turbo-charged Lancers and Honda City Vtecs... GTO The Indian Car Scene 32 17th May 2006 14:35
Tuned Vtecs and Balenos!! BUSA Technical Stuff 67 18th January 2006 20:23


All times are GMT +5.5. The time now is 01:36.

Copyright 2000 - 2017, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks