Team-BHP - Autocop remote repair possible?
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Modifications & Accessories (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/modifications-accessories/)
-   -   Autocop remote repair possible? (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/modifications-accessories/1965-autocop-remote-repair-possible.html)

I have a 5 year old autocop in my M800 and both the remotes have started giving problems... The lock and unlock buttons have become unpredictable. I thought it was a case of weak battery but a new one hasn't helped. Has anyone ever tried getting these things repaired? Is it advisable considering the fact that you are actually handing over the unlocking mechanism of your car to some unknown person?

Absolutely. And its a must to get this done only from the Authorised Autocop service center.

Call them on 2826.1623 (Mumbai)

GTO

Any idea about the numbers in Bangalore? I couldn't find their site

Quote:

Originally Posted by [b
Quote[/b] (mohit @ Sep. 28 2004,16:57)]Any idea about the numbers in Bangalore? I couldn't find their site

Call them on the Bombay no. and ask them bout the Bangalore authorised centres.
X

i agree with x,, authorised dealer is the best way to go. They shud be able to rectify the problem easily

Reviving an old thread....

How to insert a new battery for autocop remote ? Is the battery replaceable or should I replace the unit itself ?

The remote is locking/unlocking automatically the car.

Quote:

How to insert a new battery for autocop remote ? Is the battery replaceable or should I replace the unit itself ?
It is a very simple DIY, either the remote will have button cells or a normal alkaline battery, if in doubt, take it to a watch repair shop and get it done.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lukeskywalker (Post 2453912)
It is a very simple DIY, either the remote will have button cells or a normal alkaline battery, if in doubt, take it to a watch repair shop and get it done.

Opened it, but the battery is fixed in the compartment and soldered to the IC unit. Will go to the Autocop guys. Let me see what's their take on it.

Autocop authorized service centre in Bangalore is in Sheshadripurum.

Found this information from just dial for you.

Autocop India Pvt Ltd
Mr Jagdish
No.19/3, Ground & 1st Floor,Nehru Nagar, Railway Parallel Road,
Seshadripuram
Bangalore-560020
+(91)-(80)-40833816 , 40833817 , 40833818 , 23563142
+(91)-9740025535

Email:
autocopregi@gmail.com

www.autocop.in

Quote:

Opened it, but the battery is fixed in the compartment and soldered to the IC unit. Will go to the Autocop guys. Let me see what's their take on it.
Just call on the numbers provided, they will send a technician to your doorstep.

Thanks for the info. What a horrible site they are having ? I would have redesigned it for free.

Quote:

Originally Posted by mithun (Post 2455267)
Thanks for the info. What a horrible site they are having ? I would have redesigned it for free.

Hello Mithun, were you able to replace the battery?

If you need, I'll pass you the details/location of Autocop dealers in Kochi.

Thanks,
Jose.

Quote:

Originally Posted by josejoseph (Post 2456143)
Hello Mithun, were you able to replace the battery?

If you need, I'll pass you the details/location of Autocop dealers in Kochi.

Thanks,
Jose.

Thanks for your concern. I've visited their service center which is near to Crime branch office at Edappally.

They have cleaned the IC board and told that it needs any replacement if the problem persists.

Autocop spares are pretty inexpensive. A couple of years ago I paid about 2,000 for replacement of the main unit, the flasher/setting unit and two remote units for my Accent. These were all Cobra units (Autocop are the OE for Htyundai). The chap had to make two visits so I think it was very reasonable.

Contact information for Autocop New Delhi - 01125895831,32,33,34,35,36,37,38 & 01147066066