Go Back   Team-BHP > Under the Hood > Modifications & Accessories

Old 1st April 2008, 02:34   #16
Senior - BHPian

Default Same

Quote:
Originally Posted by zenx View Post
For my OHC had got a quote of about 25-30k for a full repaint. The same colour (exteriors only, no stripping off of seats etc) was about 18k.
This is about the same price I was quoted here to get my Sumo painted a different color. I was told by a friend that there was some form to fill out at the registry office. They do not care what color you paint it unless you try to make it look like an Army or government car (Police car).
DirtyDan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st April 2008, 02:45   #17
BANNED

Two of my fiats were repainted recently and we spent around 15k only on the paint. And around 45k or so totally. But mind you, Both cars took 3-4 months to restore. My third fiat is in resto as we speak.
Cyrus43 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st April 2008, 04:58   #18
Senior - BHPian

For a full body painting done up in a paint booth would cost you between 25k-30k.If its just the exteriors then you get it done for lesser amount .18k-25k-IMO.The color change should be intimated to the RTO and endorsed legally.But i dont think everyone is doing it.
ram
ram_hyundai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th April 2010, 11:07   #19
BANNED

I am planning to repaint my esteem from Maroon to Black. Want to know what is the process of updating the RC for the same in New Delhi. I am getting the ownership changed in the RC as well, so please let me know what is the process to get the color also updated so that i can paint it even after the RC is updated.

Waiting urgently, as I am giving my RC tomorrow for ownership change.

Thanks
Udit
udit78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th October 2015, 15:39   #20

Default Re: Repainting a Car - seeking advise

I have a 2004 Corolla H3 Champagne Gold. Have a few dents and the front bumper is a bit loose due to a small fender bender. The paint has chipping / peeling off at a few places. I have done 140000 kms in this car and have always sent it back to Toyota for regular Maintenance. The advisor @ Toyota says don't sell the car, it has another 150000 kms under the hood. Everything works well. Last month I saw rain water leaking in @ two places under the front windshield. It was fixed by applying silicone. Other than that the interior is in mint condition!!

My questions are:

1. Should I keep the car?
2. If I keep it, should I get it repainted?
3. If the answer is yes, then a good place to get it done in Pune.

Thanks

Laxman Iyer
iyerlax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st May 2016, 22:06   #21
Distinguished - BHPian

Team BHPians - need some serious advise on whether to repaint our Skoda Superb or not.

The Superb petrol MT is almost 6 years old and has done a bit over 110,000 kms. The car has suffered its fair share of scratches including one slightly long one (1 metre) across the LHS doors. These scratches are the result of driving in NCR. In the worst case these are scratches I can live with. But I like keeping my cars in tip-top shape - hence the urge.

I am wondering if I should get the car re-painted in its original colour (amethyst - a sort of light purple) from Skoda's authorized centre Giriraj Motors, Gurgaon? Some tell me repainting a car is a bad idea and it leads to other body fitting problems. Skoda said they can do it. My experience with Skoda over 10 years has been okay-okay but that could be also because I take a lot of trouble to build a good relationship with the engineer on the ground and my car has manual transmission. In early 2015 I had my Honda Jazz repainted in toto, by Honda's authorized dealer, after one of our kids damaged the car seriously. Honda were very confident of doing a good job - and indeed their finished product was first class. After reading all the horror stories on Skoda on Team BHP I am concerned. Your advice will be deeply appreciated.

Thanks, Narayan
V.Narayan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd May 2016, 01:21   #22
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by V.Narayan View Post
Team BHPians - need some serious advise on whether to repaint our Skoda Superb or not.

The Superb petrol MT is almost 6 years old and has done a bit over 110,000 kms. The car has suffered its fair share of scratches including one slightly long one (1 metre) across the LHS doors. These scratches are the result of driving in NCR. In the worst case these are scratches I can live with. But I like keeping my cars in tip-top shape - hence the urge.

I am wondering if I should get the car re-painted in its original colour (amethyst - a sort of light purple) from Skoda's authorized centre Giriraj Motors, Gurgaon? Some tell me repainting a car is a bad idea and it leads to other body fitting problems. Skoda said they can do it. My experience with Skoda over 10 years has been okay-okay but that could be also because I take a lot of trouble to build a good relationship with the engineer on the ground and my car has manual transmission. In early 2015 I had my Honda Jazz repainted in toto, by Honda's authorized dealer, after one of our kids damaged the car seriously. Honda were very confident of doing a good job - and indeed their finished product was first class. After reading all the horror stories on Skoda on Team BHP I am concerned. Your advice will be deeply appreciated.

Thanks, Narayan
Repainting the car totally with the same colour can be a bit of a hit or miss i think, Even if there won't be a difference in the paint, Your eyes might just see it that way, A car with the colour for 6 years and a car freshly painted, Has to be a bit of difference right? On the other hand if you don't plan to sell the car you can always opt for another colour.

Speaking from my experience, For painting works i have always given my car to the authorised service centre only and they have always pulled off the job cleanly, Including my recent experience with VW for repainting my jetta's boot.
Tanveer_2558 is online now   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote