Go Back   Team-BHP > Under the Hood > Modifications & Accessories

Old 13th May 2018, 14:17   #46
BHPian

Default Re: What are those colorful straps hanging off the rear tow hook of cars?

Suggestion to Moderators.

You could create and sell tow straps / lanyards / anti - static strips with Team Bhp branding in assorted colors for folks who wish to put these behind their cars. Seems like a new fad coming up. Though I don't want one hanging behind my car, would love to keep one with the spare wheel.
dragstar is offline   (5) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 14th May 2018, 01:17   #47
BHPian

Default Re: What are those colorful straps hanging off the rear tow hook of cars?

Quote:
Originally Posted by dragstar View Post

You could create and sell tow straps / lanyards / anti - static strips with Team Bhp branding in assorted colors for folks who wish to put these behind their cars. Seems like a new fad coming up. Though I don't want one hanging behind my car, would love to keep one with the spare wheel.
Not a bad idea at all. I second this. To be sold as an "Earthing Strap" and to BHP'ians only. That way we would know the genuine BHP'ians on the road.

Regards,
SS
suzuki san is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 14th May 2018, 20:00   #48
BHPian

Another picture of a car with the strap:

Name:  A0C66CA1531D498FA4B1FD18B8F8D158.jpeg
Views: 1186
Size:  363.0 KB

Source: https://www.instagram.com/staytunedindia/?hl=en
Prathiiik is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 15th May 2018, 14:20   #49
BHPian

Infractions: 0/1 (9)

Quote:
Originally Posted by dragstar View Post

Nothing silly about the strap, both as a means to discharge static electricity(utility), or as a nylon tow strap (looks good enough). There is nothing silly in fashion. Why do people follow the fashion trends like keeping beard, wearing torn pants, high waist, low waist, etc.? and then change it from time to time as the celebs change theirs. To some these trends might look silly but everyone has a right to do what they feel right, unless you break a law or something.
chaudh2s is offline   (2) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 17th May 2018, 21:22   #50

Finally, I got my answer to my OP. Thanks everyone, it was quite a discussion, I can understand most of them are divided in opinion to use them on cars for the fancy purpose. But where can i buy them? Any online links to buy/shops in Bangalore?
caradorer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th May 2018, 11:25   #51
BHPian

Reminds me of the dangling car nuts trend that had caught up in Australia in 2016. Supporters and opposers both were strongly opinionated on those.
Attached Thumbnails
What are those colorful straps hanging off the rear tow hook of cars?-carballs.jpg  

Kommandogerät is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 18th May 2018, 16:57   #52
Distinguished - BHPian

New car sporting the straps, but no number plates.

People and their priorities!

What are those colorful straps hanging off the rear tow hook of cars?-img_20180518_165142.jpg
CrAzY dRiVeR is offline   Reply With Quote