Go Back   Team-BHP > Under the Hood > Modifications & Accessories

Old 26th May 2018, 09:54   #31
BHPian

Infractions: 0/1 (5)
Default Re: Remapped - Hyundai Creta 1.6L CRDi

Congrats Anurag for the remap and a host of mods which keep me inspired to try the same.
i too am looking to remap my sx4 and have spoken to wolfmoto which comes highly recommended for fiat engines,sadly they dont have any plans at the moment to come to goa. Just like you i am not interested in 1-100 timings, a better fun to drive car is all that i am looking for.
I would also like to do a pre and post dyno just to be sure that the remap is actually a remap and not just something to fool me.
Enjoy your beast.
scorpian is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 26th May 2018, 10:24   #32
Senior - BHPian

Default Re: Remapped - Hyundai Creta 1.6L CRDi

Quote:
Originally Posted by scorpian View Post
I would also like to do a pre and post dyno just to be sure that the remap is actually a remap and not just something to fool me.
Do not trust dyno figures too. They can be easily manipulated. Best way to quantify the gains after remap is to time the in gear acceleration. I prefer doing it in 3rd gear, say 20 to 120 kmph.. This would cover the entire revv band . Do the runs on both stock and remap on same stretch of road under similar conditions. 0-100 is also good method, but it depends on the driver.
Dr.Naren is online now   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 28th May 2018, 12:14   #33
BHPian

Default Re: Hyundai Creta 1.6L CRDi SX(O) - An Ownership Log. EDIT: Now remapped

Quote:
Originally Posted by sandeepmohan View Post
I paid almost 15k but I guess that is because of dual disc set up on the Fiat. Truth be told, I should have just coughed up another 3k and stuck to stock which was readily available at the dealer too. You learn from your mistakes.
Same experience here on my Ex-Punto. OEM pads were way better than Brembo ones. I went back to OEM after 1K kms.
gp_fanatico is offline   (4) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 28th May 2018, 12:31   #34
Senior - BHPian

Default Re: Hyundai Creta 1.6L CRDi SX(O) - An Ownership Log. EDIT: Now remapped

Quote:
Originally Posted by gp_fanatico View Post
Same experience here on my Ex-Punto. OEM pads were way better than Brembo ones. I went back to OEM after 1K kms.
Brembo is well reputed brand. But I have huge doubts on what we get in Indian market. Few S-Cross owners were using Brembo pads and it damaged the OE rotors.
Dr.Naren is online now   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote