Go Back   Team-BHP > Under the Hood > Modifications & Accessories


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 11th January 2007, 13:33   #1
BHPian
 
sureshshanmugam's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Fremont, CA
Posts: 79
Thanked: 3 Times
Smile K & N Filter for M800 5Speed

Hi

I would like to fit a K & N Filter for my M800 5Speed.
It cost Rs.3500 can any body tell me the advantages and is it worthy?

Also let me know the advantage of free flow exhaust and the approximate price of it.
sureshshanmugam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th January 2007, 18:17   #2
Senior - BHPian
 
nitrous's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: UAE/Lon/Madras
Posts: 6,966
Thanked: 282 Times
Default

Our chennai member 'Mridul' who has a 5speed 800 has been using the K&N filter and free-flow exhaust for a long time.
nitrous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th January 2007, 00:07   #3
BHPian
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Hyd
Posts: 252
Thanked: 19 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by nitrous View Post
Our chennai member 'Mridul' who has a 5speed 800 has been using the K&N filter and free-flow exhaust for a long time.

Hey Nitrous ... any links of where i can find this thread about Mridul m800
nosfreak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th January 2007, 00:16   #4
Senior - BHPian
 
esteem_lover's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Madras/Py
Posts: 7,554
Thanked: 445 Times
Default

god, i have never heard of this mridul. only someone like nitrous the mighty could conjure up someone like that.
esteem_lover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th January 2007, 13:00   #5
BHPian
 
HAFI's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: cochin
Posts: 294
Thanked: 0 Times
Default

hey mileage and pickup will definitly increase..try the conical one..it will certainly increase the performance of the engine...
HAFI is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12th January 2007, 13:13   #6
Distinguished - BHPian
 
jkdas's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Thiruvananthapu
Posts: 9,661
Thanked: 1,389 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by sureshshanmugam View Post
Hi

I would like to fit a K & N Filter for my M800 5Speed.
It cost Rs.3500 can any body tell me the advantages and is it worthy?

Also let me know the advantage of free flow exhaust and the approximate price of it.
search for shibujp's posts. he owns a m800 5 speed with automech freeflow + k&n

automech costs 5k

once you add a freeflow and a k&n( no replacement) then its music to your ears after 4k and hence you maybe tempted to add volume and hence drive your car above 4k rpm and hence an drop in mileage

else you should get a decent improvement in mileage (1-2kmpl)
jkdas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th January 2007, 14:59   #7
BHPian
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Trivandrum
Posts: 864
Thanked: 622 Times
Default KN - Maruti 5 spd - MPFI

Hi suresh,

I think the performance and the driveability is worth the money spend for a free flow + KN Conical setup.

K&N
***
The engine responsiveness increases a lot and so does top end power. the 5 spd already has good low end. Mileage if you drive as you are doing now will increase by around 1 kmpl

Free flow
*******
Please read my post http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/modifi...tml#post112948

On the whole the free flow can reduce your low end but give you a simply great top end. Since in the three pot M800 the idea of a 3-2-1 (3 pipes into two pipes into a single pipe) header might be overkill(is it possible?) the backpressure depends mostly on your muffler...so when you get the muffler make sure you retain some of the back pressure. I am now using the free flow headers and expansion chamber with the stock muffler. Ideally the muffler should be a wee bit more free flowing but i'm happy with the combo.
The one thing i really miss though is the sound..:>

Hope this helps. Let me know if you need any more info.

Drive on,
Shibu.
shibujp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th January 2007, 15:10   #8
Distinguished - BHPian
 
karan561's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Mumbai
Posts: 3,753
Thanked: 9,192 Times
Default

It will surely will be worth it , and you will feel the change in the low end performance to a great extent .............
karan561 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12th January 2007, 15:35   #9
BHPian
 
Knight Rider's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 267
Thanked: 11 Times
Default

If you are looking for sound, k&n will not be the ultimate option, However free flow will work wonders in terms of sound and perfomance, I drive an alto with k&n extreme filter and complete free flow, First I installed k&n and to be frank, did not experience a complete change in terms of perfomance, However after getting the FFE done, It has been much better

Best of luck
Knight Rider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th January 2007, 19:51   #10
BHPian
 
sureshshanmugam's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Fremont, CA
Posts: 79
Thanked: 3 Times
Default

Yap after reading these articles I have decided to put K & N Filters on my car, but I'm worried if FFE is banned in Chennai City, any idea team?

Also will fitting the filter alone increase my low end performance?

Today i was searching for a spoiler for my car(M800) through-out GP road in Chennai but could'nt find, can anybosy get me an address where I can get spoiler for M800
sureshshanmugam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th January 2007, 22:05   #11
BHPian
 
yasw_anth's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Chennai
Posts: 101
Thanked: 0 Times
Default

how much does automech free flow cost for zen mpfi ... ?? plz help wer in chennai can it be done ???
yasw_anth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st January 2007, 15:00   #12
BHPian
 
men_in_jean's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Chennai
Posts: 68
Thanked: 0 Times
Default

Before going with FFE, we should first find whether it is legal in Chennai. Otherwise it will be a total loss, since already the COPS are bugging everyone. Can anyone help on this????
men_in_jean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th January 2007, 15:21   #13
BANNED
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: NAMMA BENGALURU
Posts: 5,613
Thanked: 2,460 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by shibujp View Post
Hi suresh,

I think the performance and the driveability is worth the money spend for a free flow + KN Conical setup.

K&N
***
The engine responsiveness increases a lot and so does top end power. the 5 spd already has good low end. Mileage if you drive as you are doing now will increase by around 1 kmpl

Free flow
*******
Please read my post http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/modifi...tml#post112948

On the whole the free flow can reduce your low end but give you a simply great top end. Since in the three pot M800 the idea of a 3-2-1 (3 pipes into two pipes into a single pipe) header might be overkill(is it possible?) the backpressure depends mostly on your muffler...so when you get the muffler make sure you retain some of the back pressure. I am now using the free flow headers and expansion chamber with the stock muffler. Ideally the muffler should be a wee bit more free flowing but i'm happy with the combo.
The one thing i really miss though is the sound..:>

Hope this helps. Let me know if you need any more info.

Drive on,
Shibu.
Hey man,

Thanks for your suggestions on sound, I have installed the K&N, NGK Plugs and a free flow, this makes some sound which irritates my dad, will my sound decrease on using stock muffler while retaining my header not doing away with the performance.
pls let me know?
PAVAN KADAM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd March 2007, 17:35   #14
Senior - BHPian
 
mail4ajo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: San Antonio, TX
Posts: 1,834
Thanked: 222 Times
Default

Any idea what the model no of the Alto LXi K&N replacement filter? It cost about 3K here.

I am travelling to US in April and planning to get it there. Let me know if anyone in chennai would need this. I need the model or part number though.
mail4ajo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd March 2007, 17:44   #15
Senior - BHPian
 
n_aditya's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Namma Bengaluru
Posts: 5,206
Thanked: 2,747 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by men_in_jean View Post
Before going with FFE, we should first find whether it is legal in Chennai. Otherwise it will be a total loss, since already the COPS are bugging everyone. Can anyone help on this????
Ban or not it is illegal to modify a vehicle which results in, it not meeting manufacturer specifications.

cant believe I have typed this.

P.S. Suresh, Search the forum. There are millions of discussions on this topic.

Last edited by n_aditya : 23rd March 2007 at 17:46.
n_aditya is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
My Yamaha Rx 135 - 5speed, Overhaulin style ! The Great Motorbikes 26 16th July 2014 16:17
CAT Vs Expansion chamber Vs RX100 Silencer : For RX 135 5Speed sameer9797 Motorbikes 73 7th October 2011 12:42
Vadodra To Mumbai on Yamaha Rx 135 - 5speed The Great Motorbikes 15 13th July 2011 22:52
Maruti800 5speed,2001 for sale zealous123 Shifting gears 1 18th August 2007 20:12


All times are GMT +5.5. The time now is 19:48.

Copyright 2000 - 2017, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks