Go Back   Team-BHP > Under the Hood > Modifications & Accessories

Old 10th March 2013, 22:36   #16
Distinguished - BHPian

Default Re: Remote lock+Power windows-ZEN

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.Boss View Post
Congrats dude. Old Zen is such a nice car to own and drive.
BTW how about some snaps of power window switches?
I have seen a Zen LX getting aftermarket power windows installed from a dealer at Coimbatore, with the OE door pads with OE switches which gave a good look.

Why can't you try this as a DIY? Parts are readily available at A.S.S and other spare part dealers too.

Thanks Bro!

It's the love for the old zen only that I keep spending on a 10 year old car.

Regarding the rear wiper, you must be knowing that it's not as straight forward as it sounds. I would have loved it to be a DIY (& save some money!) but I am not confident to pull-up something like this.

The process requires changing of washer tank, new pipelines, new stalk control...and a few more components. I have posted in more detail here: http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/modifi...ml#post3062047 (Queries on fitting rear window wiper etc)

Thanks,
Saket
saket77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st August 2016, 16:01   #17
Distinguished - BHPian

As requested by a fellow member, putting up the pictures of the power window install.
The rear passenger LHS door:

Remote lock+Power windows-ZEN-image.jpg

The driver's console. All switches are backlit in green with a switch to limit control to passengers like many OE systems.

The front passenger door.

Last edited by Gannu_1 : 21st August 2016 at 18:00.
saket77 is offline   (3) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 21st August 2016, 16:24   #18
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by saket77 View Post
As requested by a fellow member, putting up the pictures of the power window install.
The rear passenger LHS door:

Attachment 1544278
More than 3 years to post the pictures

How are they holding up now after all this time. Would you recommend this brand to others?
samaspire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st August 2016, 16:41   #19
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by samaspire View Post
More than 3 years to post the pictures

How are they holding up now after all this time. Would you recommend this brand to others?
Unfortunately, the request (on pm) came 3 years later but glad that it is of some help to someone!

They are holding up nicely. Never had any complains and the system has been reliable. Though the quality of switches are strictly average. Apart from putting a higher capacity fuse for them, never had any issue.
Recommend them? Well, the functioning depends a lot on the expertise of the installer. For me, it was installed by a guy who worked for Minda and he knew what he was doing.

Regards.

Last edited by saket77 : 21st August 2016 at 16:43.
saket77 is offline   (4) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 22nd August 2016, 10:22   #20
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by saket77 View Post
Unfortunately, the request (on pm) came 3 years later but glad that it is of some help to someone!

They are holding up nicely. Never had any complains and the system has been reliable. Though the quality of switches are strictly average. Apart from putting a higher capacity fuse for them, never had any issue.
Recommend them? Well, the functioning depends a lot on the expertise of the installer. For me, it was installed by a guy who worked for Minda and he knew what he was doing.

Regards.
Many thanks Saket.
What is the capacity of the fuses you bought?
Will install the same capacity ones you have installed while installing itself.

Thanks again,
Ramki
ramki067 is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 22nd August 2016, 12:00   #21
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ramki067 View Post
Many thanks Saket.
What is the capacity of the fuses you bought?
Will install the same capacity ones you have installed while installing itself.

Thanks again,
Ramki
I suggest you get it installed first and then see if you need the higher rated fuse. It is easily accessible as these will be located in the engine bay itself near the battery when they tap power from it. I do not remember the rating I am using, but just just get one grade higher if you face any blowing issue.

Regards,
Saket
saket77 is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote