BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steeroid View Post
Tata does it so many times its boring.
Can it be done on non turbo indica???
anonymous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th June 2007, 12:54   #17
BHPian

Cool Great news - especially when I was planning to switch over to the Diesel version

That's great news especially for the DOHC 16V engines-the first ones. Been using the 1.8LS for 3 years and I am really satisfied with the performance, quality, features and the fuel effeciency (depends a lot on how you drive and the quality of gasoline used - I used to get 14-16 on Reliance/Essar petrol on the highway with A/C's on, maintaining a speed of 70-80 and shifting right gears at the right times). What more can you expect from a 1.8L engine? From my 3 years of use, I should say only the pick up had come down a little bit (probably pshycological too). I had to reset the ECM one time when one of the sensors malfunctioned - rpm was going up by itself. Now if this is new codes are really going to work, I am sure the first LS & LT owners can definitely get somewhere close (17-18) the mileage obtained in absolute driving conditions ( 21 km/litre.). Please also note that this car won the 2005 World Touring Championships too. So a slight tweaking will make a difference I hope. I am sending this link anyway to the dealers and would definitely keep you all updated. BTW Thanks to my friend Naushad for the info, since I was out of touch lately with TeamBhp.

I still do not have an idea on posting pics in this forum. I tried it one time. Can somebody help ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by BUSA View Post
Went for the car service today and was told by the service personnel that GM has been working on new codes for the ECU of the 1.8L Optra for better performance and FE. The software will be soon send to the dealers and they will remap your ECU with the new codes for better performance and FE. All this obviously free of cost. Good going GM Its expected in a few days around a week or so. Will keep you updated on the difference once i get it done.
Note from mod: Do not use more than 2 smileys per post

Last edited by tsk1979 : 25th June 2007 at 16:31.
sajanpt is offline   Reply With Quote Received Infraction
Old 25th June 2007, 16:23   #18
Senior - BHPian

Here is how to post pics.
BUSA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th June 2007, 10:45   #19
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Quote:
PS - These are normally done discreetly without the knowledge of the customer when the car goes to the service centre for servicing. Only the inquisitive customers are told about the same.
So does it mean that if one has a performance Remap (done externally), there is a possibility that the chip is reflashed with the revised stock settings, without knowledge of the owner...
I checked up... it really can and does happen... it is advised to remove (not break) one of your OBD pins to avoid a reflash
ST7677 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th June 2007, 08:20   #20
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by BUSA View Post
Here is how to post pics.
Thanxs for the info on posting the pictures. I had posted a few of my Optra pics in imageshack and I can see it there. However, it is not linked here and there is no hyperlink to the pics against my name.
sajanpt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th December 2007, 04:08   #21
BHPian

are there any aftermarket ecu remappers, software available say for indica? can it done with a laptop? are any special connectors required to do the same? where can it be obtained? and ofcourse the costs?
shaheenazk is offline   Reply With Quote