Go Back   Team-BHP > Under the Hood > Modifications & Accessories


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 11th June 2009, 13:59   #151
BANNED
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 92
Thanked: 0 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by JMaruru View Post
This was about going around and checking out materials and work in JC Road and bargaining hard and fixing up a price. I had gone there twice and made up my mind on this place, as he had done the seat covers for my alto also. I think he is able to give you a better deal, coz he has his own factory upstairs and most of the other shops also get their work done by him.

@HyperCar : This is about what one feels is VFM. I had got alto seat covers done sometime before from this place, and it is serving me good. For me, this was a good deal and so i went for it. And about the color combo, that was what we chose. He has color options, and you can chose according to your fancies.
Sorry mate you have just gone for the cheapest material and ordinary stitching job and its not VFM, its just cheap and looks the part. They use the cheapest material, threads, foams etc to sell seat covers for just 2500 Rs! It does not look like a quality job and the stitching, fitting is not top notch. It is typical low quality JC road finish. Looking at the value of the Swift car you could have got a better quality job done by paying a few thousand rupees more and got automotive grade PU material with a factory fit instead. But I guess you are stuck with it now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by invincible7 View Post
Ok here is one situation i am facing after installing the Art Seat Covers, stiched ones in my car.

The rear seats make a squeal sound whenever driving over rough patches on road. Any ideas to make this disappear.
Maybe you need to get the seats tightened ?

Last edited by Rehaan : 15th June 2009 at 15:29. Reason: Posts merged. Please use the MULTIQUOTE button instead of making multiple consecutive posts in the same thread. Thanks.
Hypercar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th June 2009, 18:47   #152
BHPian
 
JMaruru's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Bengaluru
Posts: 445
Thanked: 86 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hypercar View Post
Sorry mate you have just gone for the cheapest material and ordinary stitching job and its not VFM, its just cheap and looks the part. They use the cheapest material, threads, foams etc to sell seat covers for just 2500 Rs! It does not look like a quality job and the stitching, fitting is not top notch. It is typical low quality JC road finish. Looking at the value of the Swift car you could have got a better quality job done by paying a few thousand rupees more and got automotive grade PU material with a factory fit instead. But I guess you are stuck with it now.
I am happy am stuck with it. Period. It is PU material and stitch work is good for that price point. I was with the guy when the work was on. Well, paying few thousand rupees more doesn't mean you get quality.

So there is no need to get 'Hyper' about the same. Almost everyone here know, that they can get the seat covers done from 2K to 30K here in b'lore.
JMaruru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th June 2009, 15:55   #153
BHPian
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 107
Thanked: 10 Times
Default

I am planning Fabric based seat covers on my Palio.Any idea how much that should cost and if the job quality with fabric is good?

@Jmaruru: I think his 2.5k seat covers are good and VFM. I personally do not like the colour combo, but that's just me.
When you pay Stanley 10K, you are also paying for:
(1)The additioal overheads of G-Sports (Maintaining glittering outlets in more upmarket areas in town, advertising in car magazines, websites etc)
(2)Brand value
(3)A job that is probably 5-10% better, in terms of quality of material and precision.

Paying 4 times the amount, IMHO is not worth it. After a month, you probably wouldn't even notice that odd stich that the JC road bloke put in.
e1t1bet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th June 2009, 15:58   #154
Distinguished - BHPian
 
jkdas's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Thiruvananthapu
Posts: 9,575
Thanked: 1,234 Times
Default

We should have a thread:

Your seat cover after 30-40k !
jkdas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th June 2009, 17:01   #155
BHPian
 
JMaruru's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Bengaluru
Posts: 445
Thanked: 86 Times
Default Not everyone is a crook @ JC road.

Quote:
Originally Posted by e1t1bet View Post
@Jmaruru: I think his 2.5k seat covers are good and VFM. I personally do not like the colour combo, but that's just me.
When you pay Stanley 10K, you are also paying for:
(1)The additioal overheads of G-Sports (Maintaining glittering outlets in more upmarket areas in town, advertising in car magazines, websites etc)
(2)Brand value
(3)A job that is probably 5-10% better, in terms of quality of material and precision.

Paying 4 times the amount, IMHO is not worth it. After a month, you probably wouldn't even notice that odd stich that the JC road bloke put in.
Couldn't agree more. It is not fair to brush everyone with same paintstroke. We have to be on our toes to get a better deal. I felt this to be a good deal, that too in these times of recession.
JMaruru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th June 2009, 16:45   #156
Senior - BHPian
 
Latheesh's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Bangalore/Kannur
Posts: 2,710
Thanked: 1,724 Times
Infractions: 0/1 (5)
Default

That is a good work done for 2.5 K JMaruru
Latheesh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th June 2009, 20:16   #157
Newbie
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Mumbai
Posts: 8
Thanked: 0 Times
Default Stanley Prices in Mumbai?

Hi

I got a quote of 20000/- for my Swift from Stanley for genuine leather (classic) in touch areas and art leather for the rest. The covers would be in two-tone color and would include an Alfa Romeo Style bamboo design on seats with Stanley logo. The quote is for seat covers, door trims, hand-brake and steering cover.

I am not sure if these prices are reasonable (looks a bit high to me) given that its not full leather. Also, seems like prices in Bangalore are much less than in Mumbai. Is that true?

Cheers!
cupper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th June 2009, 00:11   #158
BHPian
 
dreamdiesel's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 420
Thanked: 54 Times
Default

Guys,
Came across this website for Ryderleather. They have pretty good designs and colours. Any reviews on this particular brand???

Ryder Leather Upholstery
dreamdiesel is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 17th June 2009, 00:58   #159
BHPian
 
FastLove's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: MUMBAI
Posts: 416
Thanked: 98 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by cupper View Post
Hi

I got a quote of 20000/- for my Swift from Stanley for genuine leather (classic) in touch areas and art leather for the rest. The covers would be in two-tone color and would include an Alfa Romeo Style bamboo design on seats with Stanley logo. The quote is for seat covers, door trims, hand-brake and steering cover.

I am not sure if these prices are reasonable (looks a bit high to me) given that its not full leather. Also, seems like prices in Bangalore are much less than in Mumbai. Is that true?

Cheers!
The Prices are Right and you will get More than the Value for your money. I spent 25 k for stanleys (touch option like you mentioned ) to do my Linea interiors. Worth every penny.

The seat covers comes from bangalore after you have chosen your option. The prices are 10 to 15% cheaper in bangalore maybe for this reason.
Attached Thumbnails
Art Leather Seat Covers-dsc02915.jpg  

Art Leather Seat Covers-dsc02913.jpg  

Art Leather Seat Covers-dsc02901.jpg  


Last edited by FastLove : 17th June 2009 at 01:16.
FastLove is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th June 2009, 15:45   #160
BANNED
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 92
Thanked: 0 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by e1t1bet View Post
I am planning Fabric based seat covers on my Palio.Any idea how much that should cost and if the job quality with fabric is good?

@Jmaruru: I think his 2.5k seat covers are good and VFM. I personally do not like the colour combo, but that's just me.
When you pay Stanley 10K, you are also paying for:
(1)The additioal overheads of G-Sports (Maintaining glittering outlets in more upmarket areas in town, advertising in car magazines, websites etc)
(2)Brand value
(3)A job that is probably 5-10% better, in terms of quality of material and precision.

Paying 4 times the amount, IMHO is not worth it. After a month, you probably wouldn't even notice that odd stich that the JC road bloke put in.
It all depends on what you are willing to settle for. I guess you are willling to settle for the cheapest stuff. When you pay Stanley you are paying for the additional overheads of G sports?? They are two different companies. So place of business, quality of people, material etc is something you do not want to pay for??

With your reasoning its better make the seat covers as well as your car at home. Why pay anything at all? Make it at home for nothing right?

Wake up, it is not same material that you are paying 4 times for. JC road sells substandard cheap art leather covers for seats. Jmarurus seat covers are not an OE fit but just covers. And no way comparable quality to the art leather from Stanley, G sport or Karlsson on this thread.

Compare apples to apples.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JMaruru View Post
I am happy am stuck with it. Period. It is PU material and stitch work is good for that price point. I was with the guy when the work was on. Well, paying few thousand rupees more doesn't mean you get quality.

So there is no need to get 'Hyper' about the same. Almost everyone here know, that they can get the seat covers done from 2K to 30K here in b'lore.
First of all your covers are just ordinary slip on covers. they are not a custom OE fit. You were with the guy on jc road so that automatically makes it a quality job? The photos you posted shows otherwise. Paying a few thousand rupees provided you get OE fit seat covers means much better VFM and quality like in photos I uploaded and the earlier post with the Pailo yellow and black photos on this thread done by stanley. period. You can also get used slip on seat covers for 500 Rs in Bangalore so is that value for money as well?? You can get fine leather custom seats done for even 50 K for a swift in Bangalore but those are only for people who can afford it. Not for guys looking for a cheap deal. I was just reacting to a shoddy job done on nice car like the swift. Nothing personal. Its obviously up to you and your tastes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by hydrashok View Post
I got Stanley Art Leather interior work done in my Palio yesterday. Colour combo = Black + Cinnamon. I got the seats, door-panels, gear boot & steering wheel done. The gear boot & steering wheel are genuine leather. The rest are PU. The steering wheel cover will be here in 3-4 days.

Some pics:

...


...



I've posted more pics and details here in my ICE upgrade thread: http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/car-en...-panels-5.html

Art Leather details from post #67 onwards (on page 5 of the thread).

awesome job although expensive

Last edited by Technocrat : 20th June 2009 at 19:20.
Hypercar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th June 2009, 23:50   #161
BHPian
 
FastLove's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: MUMBAI
Posts: 416
Thanked: 98 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by JMaruru View Post
Okie. Here come's the snaps. As i said before it is art leather, and it was done at JJ Enterprises(.
Very neat work and i would not have guessed it is just 2.5 k you paid if you had not told. There are some people who would have called this a good car seat if you had not mentioned the price . i dont want to go there .

I think anything that is done to ones satisfaction is all that matters. Period!

I have spent 25k on Stanleys in my Linea and feel it is the best thing i could have done to my beauty. At the same time i feel there are reasons behind every decision by an individual ...his requirement and reasoning behind the decision which is what matters ..the experts can give their opinion on a general basis and not hunt for these so called "cheap" seat covers pictures in various threads and make personal attacks in the name of "honest opinion" ..

overall for JMAruru ...a decent deal i must say. Cheers

Last edited by FastLove : 20th June 2009 at 23:58.
FastLove is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st June 2009, 01:12   #162
BHPian
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 107
Thanked: 10 Times
Default

I found one good place near marathalli (Near innovative multiplex on outer ring road, next to Hometown.) The guy has very good rates and gets his stitching done from the same place as GSport. The place is called KarSport (or something phonetically similar).

@Hypercar:
(1)You totally missed the point. When an individual pays 2.5k, he knows what he is getting. Stop patronizing everyone and deriding them because they choose not to get hi-fi-nappa-Rs.50k leather.
(2)A shop will always do stuff cheaper than what you can do at home.
(3)I am not comparing JMMAru's covers to Stanley. The fact is that JMaru is happy with his covers and honestly, most people that I know will never know the difference. Bottom line: "To each his own"

I am sorry if this sounds like a personal attack, but you come across as a seat-cover salesman.And Karlson is the same shop with the bald guy right? That guy is a rip off in my opinion.
e1t1bet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st June 2009, 12:02   #163
BHPian
 
JMaruru's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Bengaluru
Posts: 445
Thanked: 86 Times
Default Not for you to speak about one's tastes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hypercar View Post
First of all your covers are just ordinary slip on covers. they are not a custom OE fit. You were with the guy on jc road so that automatically makes it a quality job? The photos you posted shows otherwise. Paying a few thousand rupees provided you get OE fit seat covers means much better VFM and quality like in photos I uploaded and the earlier post with the Pailo yellow and black photos on this thread done by stanley. period. You can also get used slip on seat covers for 500 Rs in Bangalore so is that value for money as well?? You can get fine leather custom seats done for even 50 K for a swift in Bangalore but those are only for people who can afford it. Not for guys looking for a cheap deal. I was just reacting to a shoddy job done on nice car like the swift. Nothing personal. Its obviously up to you and your tastes.
I know what has been done on my car. It is not for you to say it is slip on covers or anything. The seat covers were custom fit on the original seat covers. A person who couldn't make out between slip on and custom fit seat covers would be better off, if he desists from advising on seat covers here.

Lot's of Team-BHP'ians here having seen the same set of photos, have appreciated the work vis-a-vis the cost. Just scroll down and see some of the posts. As i said before about JC Road blokes, don't paint everyone in the same brush. Everyone knows there are some bad apples, but there are good ones too.

You want to blow some tens of thousands on seat covers, go ahead and do that. But please not demand, everyone here of the same.
JMaruru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st June 2009, 13:38   #164
BHPian
 
hrman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 837
Thanked: 255 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by e1t1bet View Post
I found one good place near marathalli (Near innovative multiplex on outer ring road, next to Hometown.) The guy has very good rates and gets his stitching done from the same place as GSport. The place is called KarSport (or something phonetically similar).
Hi E1t1bet,
The shop's name is KarSpot. The person's name is Anil Kumar.9480223545. I recall going there some months ago and he said, it will take a couple of days to deliver the car seat covers. Seemed pretty decent in my opinion. And he had good rates as well. Are you sure he gets his stitching done from Gsport?
I will look at exploring it then. Was looking for seat covers for my NHC. Gsport and Stanley are too costly in my opinion. Want something which is good and economical.
hrman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st June 2009, 14:04   #165
BANNED
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Mumbai
Posts: 1,309
Thanked: 6 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by FastLove View Post
Very neat work and i would not have guessed it is just 2.5 k you paid if you had not told. There are some people who would have called this a good car seat if you had not mentioned the price . i dont want to go there .

I think anything that is done to ones satisfaction is all that matters. Period!

I have spent 25k on Stanleys in my Linea and feel it is the best thing i could have done to my beauty. At the same time i feel there are reasons behind every decision by an individual ...his requirement and reasoning behind the decision which is what matters ..the experts can give their opinion on a general basis and not hunt for these so called "cheap" seat covers pictures in various threads and make personal attacks in the name of "honest opinion" ..

overall for JMAruru ...a decent deal i must say. Cheers
Well Said, FastLove. Very well said

JMaruru - I reiterate my earlier comments & +1 to every word FastLove mentioned above.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hypercar View Post
I guess you are willling to settle for the cheapest stuff.
Why pay anything at all? Make it at home for nothing right?

Wake up, it is not same material that you are paying 4 times for. JC road sells substandard cheap art leather covers for seats.

First of all your covers are just ordinary slip on covers.
You can also get used slip on seat covers for 500 Rs in Bangalore so is that value for money as well?? You can get fine leather custom seats done for even 50 K for a swift in Bangalore but those are only for people who can afford it. Not for guys looking for a cheap deal.
HyperCar - Having seen some of your posts & the words you used, I must say that though you put a disclaimer that its not personal, it definitely sounds personal.

None of us are here to judge people/ individuals if the can afford or can't afford. Why the fuss than? Everyone has his individual preferences. Take an exaple of 2 guys who make similar money & have same social standing. 1 guy prefers to go to a 5-star hotel to have a dish costing Rs. 500 while the other guy prefers to go to a nearby AC Restaurant/ Hotel to have the SAME dish costing Rs. 100. Does not mean that 2nd guy can not afford it. He might have different thoughts, preferences etc.

Why am I increasingly getting a feeling that the words you used sounds like coming from a guy who is in the biz of Seat Covers & trying to promote the ones he wants instead of respecting others preferences?

Quote:
Originally Posted by e1t1bet View Post
@Hypercar:
(1)You totally missed the point. When an individual pays 2.5k, he knows what he is getting. Stop patronizing everyone and deriding them because they choose not to get hi-fi-nappa-Rs.50k leather.
(2)A shop will always do stuff cheaper than what you can do at home.
(3)I am not comparing JMMAru's covers to Stanley. The fact is that JMaru is happy with his covers and honestly, most people that I know will never know the difference. Bottom line: "To each his own"

I am sorry if this sounds like a personal attack, but you come across as a seat-cover salesman.And Karlson is the same shop with the bald guy right? That guy is a rip off in my opinion.
+1 to that, e1t1bet
VahanPujari is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Slip on Seat Covers Vs Factory Fit seat covers Kärlsson Modifications & Accessories 18 29th June 2016 22:19
Art leather/Genuine leather Seats in Mumbai raj_5004 Modifications & Accessories 59 9th January 2016 18:18
Art leather seat covers Bullfrog Modifications & Accessories 47 1st December 2011 21:45
Leather, Art Leather Seats & Car Upholstery in Chennai bottle Modifications & Accessories 185 4th August 2010 11:52


All times are GMT +5.5. The time now is 14:11.

Copyright ©2000 - 2016, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks