Go Back   Team-BHP > Under the Hood > Modifications & Accessories


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 15th September 2009, 17:51   #271
BHPian
 
aneeshanand's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Trivandrum
Posts: 121
Thanked: 4 Times
Default for verna

hi folks..

I ordered for some kind-of-leather material seat cover (i dont know it is art leather or not) and the guys at the accessory shop said it will cost 4.5k with two years warranty. But they said its possible in Verna only for the seats, not for door trims, gear boot, handbrake and steering wheel.

if I go for the rest, ie; for door trims, gear boot, handbrake and steering wheel separately, what will be the cost? I would like to do it in black+beige combination. Also want to know whether it is possible in Verna, which has a beige interior with garment covering for seats.

hope you got my question
aneeshanand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th September 2009, 19:34   #272
BANNED
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Mumbai
Posts: 1,309
Thanked: 6 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hypercar View Post
I have been ripped off in the past and bought art leather thinking its leather
I've seen members clearly posting that its art leather to their fullest knowledge & prefer it with their own viewpoints. But still your strong posts advocating Kaarlsson humiliating bhpians says something else.

Dude - there are ways to communicate the things you want to communicate. Only the aggressive sales man gets so aggressive to offend people by cutting everybody to sizes. I myself strongly like Kaarlsson but would not so strongly chide the members.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hypercar View Post
Make your own choices based on your research and not what anyone tells you on any forum.
Credibility of who is posting what is the key. It can be judged by the way it is posted or said.
I go by my assesment of above
VahanPujari is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th September 2009, 20:03   #273
BANNED
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 92
Thanked: 0 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by VahanPujari View Post
I've seen members clearly posting that its art leather to their fullest knowledge & prefer it with their own viewpoints. But still your strong posts advocating Kaarlsson humiliating bhpians says something else.

Dude - there are ways to communicate the things you want to communicate. Only the aggressive sales man gets so aggressive to offend people by cutting everybody to sizes. I myself strongly like Kaarlsson but would not so strongly chide the members.



Credibility of who is posting what is the key. It can be judged by the way it is posted or said.
I go by my assesment of above
'Dude' whether you like karlsson or any other stuff is up to you. I am also a bhpian like everyone else. This is a public forum for putting across ones views and sharing information. But I vet whatever I read on public forums in the real world or its like taking medication based on medical advice on the internet. Seems you are an overly sensitive. Humiliated people ?? How? Did I make any personal remarks? You can arrive at any conclusion or
conspiracy theory. So is there also a huge conspiracy by other car makers in the Skoda thread?
Hypercar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th September 2009, 20:30   #274
BANNED
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Mumbai
Posts: 1,309
Thanked: 6 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hypercar View Post
I am also a bhpian like everyone else.
Why do you need to say this yourself?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hypercar View Post
This is a public forum for putting across ones views and sharing information.
Sure it is a public forum. But not for "selling" a particular brand/ item from a particular shop only.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hypercar View Post
Seems you are an overly sensitive.
Do not ever try to judge me. Its a piece of crap coming from someone whose status & credibility is questioned by many here on this very thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hypercar View Post
So is there also a huge conspiracy by other car makers in the Skoda thread?
You're really going nuts. Now what does Skoda have to do with this ?
VahanPujari is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th September 2009, 20:37   #275
Senior - BHPian
 
wildon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 2,401
Thanked: 1,002 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by VahanPujari View Post
I actually addressed that query to both - Hypercar & Karlsson - both are 2 different t-bhp handles. Karlsson seems to be the seat cover mfr & started his posts in "Stanely Leather seats - your views please" thread. From the point in that thread that Karlsson stopped posting (for whatever reason), Hypercar started from that point in that thread:
  • Location of both user handle is Bangalore
  • Both advocates Karlsson make aggressively (it's an excellent product & I believe top-notch amongst what is available in India)
  • Both gets aggressive sometimes with their views hurting some bhpians'.
  • Some exact words - "Lifestyle choices", scandinavian swedish leather etc & some typical statements like "sorry to say but those covers look ugly/ misfit/ slip-on pajama-type & are cheap etc etc" - are commonly used in posts
But, both are different t-bhp User ID's & might be separate than each other
Thats what others including me thinks too.


Quote:
Originally Posted by pachchu View Post
Yes, it's art leather - a.k.a PU.

I will PM the name and price to anybody who is interested (please PM me), but I will not disclose the name here. I'm not going to promote the person/company who installed it here for a specific reason. I'll let the jury here decide whether the reason is good enough or not.

The person/company which installed it here, to the best of my knowledge (and many other forum members also believe it), promotes his company on the t-bhp without full disclosure of his vested interest, which I believe is unethical. All we need is a full disclosure of vested interest in his signature or in his profile.
Quote:
Originally Posted by wildon View Post
is it H......r ? its just a guess. as majority of his posts are in leather section. Sorry if i'm wrong
Quote:
Originally Posted by pachchu View Post
Yep. That's whom I suspect too.
wildon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th September 2009, 23:53   #276
BHPian
 
JMaruru's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Bengaluru
Posts: 446
Thanked: 86 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hypercar View Post
JMaruru maybe it was not that safe for you say that. If you dont agree with me its fine but whining to mods about me propagating any place in Indiranagar is lowdown and cheap.
For the record, i have not taken this up with mods. But even if i had, does that make it what you say ? Those are strong words, and please don't stoop to such levels to promote 'whatever' interests. Just going through all your posts one can easily make out, who is saying what. Invariably they would have found the pattern.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hypercar View Post
People are not fools to go by posts on the internet and will verify and make choices. No one needs to go by what I recommend here.
I could not agree more. The response from the BHPians stand proof for the same.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hypercar View Post
whatever floats your canoe man. JC road is where you are happy.
Please don't bother about where i would be happy.
JMaruru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th September 2009, 00:16   #277
Senior - BHPian
 
Ravveendrra's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Hyderabad
Posts: 1,391
Thanked: 403 Times
Default

I too think that Hypercar has been out of line a wee bit. It does not help that all his posts, barring a handful, have been about seat covers (and almost none of them were complimentary to the owners who put up the pics).

Cheers,
Ravveendrra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th September 2009, 15:22   #278
BHPian
 
kri$hna's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Bhagyanagarabad
Posts: 231
Thanked: 29 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ravveendrra View Post
I too think that Hypercar has been out of line a wee bit. It does not help that all his posts, barring a handful, have been about seat covers (and almost none of them were complimentary to the owners who put up the pics).

Cheers,
I too second this opinion !! Reading through the posts, any one can make out whats being suggested or pushed upon ...

None of the posts from the said user look like suggestions but sales advice !! JC Road is not really a bad place... u get stuff for every budget you hav, and obviously quality wud vary and it is all our perception of wats better and wats not
kri$hna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th September 2009, 15:59   #279
BHPian
 
maglev's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: New Delhi
Posts: 753
Thanked: 69 Times
Default ???

Is ART Leather the same as Leatherite, a term popular here in New Delhi for leather lookalike's?

How to differentiate between PU and PVC? Pictures if possible would be appreciated.

Also does anybody have any idea of a good & reputed dealer, installer in Delhi. Who can undertake jobs such as steering cover, door trims, bucket stiched seats?
maglev is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th September 2009, 11:12   #280
BANNED
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 92
Thanked: 0 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by VahanPujari View Post
Why do you need to say this yourself?


Sure it is a public forum. But not for "selling" a particular brand/ item from a particular shop only.



Do not ever try to judge me. Its a piece of crap coming from someone whose status & credibility is questioned by many here on this very thread


You're really going nuts. Now what does Skoda have to do with this ?
Vahan, I think you should stop flaming the thread. Having more posts on a forum does not give you more rights. Your language is despicable and words like crap only show that. You are looking for one up man-ship and making false accusations. What credibility are you talking about? You obviously have loads of time to keep posting all this. Do not ever make threats either and watch your language.

Last edited by Hypercar : 18th September 2009 at 11:30.
Hypercar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th September 2009, 11:16   #281
BANNED
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 92
Thanked: 0 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by JMaruru View Post
For the record, i have not taken this up with mods. But even if i had, does that make it what you say ? Those are strong words, and please don't stoop to such levels to promote 'whatever' interests. Just going through all your posts one can easily make out, who is saying what. Invariably they would have found the pattern.



I could not agree more. The response from the BHPians stand proof for the same.



Please don't bother about where i would be happy.
Because I got a message from the mods asking me various questions which I have clarified. You guys are jumping to conclusions just because I said I did not like your seat covers. Nothing personal. You can continue believing whatever you want to. Responses from some people are no proof of anything and I am not interested in flaming this thread as you are.
Hypercar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th September 2009, 11:25   #282
BANNED
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 92
Thanked: 0 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ravveendrra View Post
I too think that Hypercar has been out of line a wee bit. It does not help that all his posts, barring a handful, have been about seat covers (and almost none of them were complimentary to the owners who put up the pics).

Cheers,
Raveendra there is enough reading on the forum on various subjects and there is no rule that one must post on all subjects. I just thought of sharing what I learnt thats all because it was new to me thats all. But it seems that some people here are looking for approval on their seat covers and making paranoid accusations. I use similar words as Karlsson it seems. Of course I have read his posts on leather. Its English language for God's sake! Does anyone have a copyright on the way to speak or write? Maybe some people need to learn to take some criticism when they post pics. Its no big deal.
Hypercar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th September 2009, 11:29   #283
BANNED
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 92
Thanked: 0 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by kri$hna View Post
I too second this opinion !! Reading through the posts, any one can make out whats being suggested or pushed upon ...

None of the posts from the said user look like suggestions but sales advice !! JC Road is not really a bad place... u get stuff for every budget you hav, and obviously quality wud vary and it is all our perception of wats better and wats not
Krishna you can call it sales advice or opinion. It is my opinion that JC road stuff is ordinary and I am a long term Bangalorean. Its not all perception, there is something called physical evidence and how quality conscious you are. But I agree its all up to your budget, choice and taste.
Hypercar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th September 2009, 16:31   #284
BANNED
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Mumbai
Posts: 1,309
Thanked: 6 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hypercar View Post
Vahan, I think you should stop flaming the thread. Having more posts on a forum does not give you more rights. Your language is despicable and words like crap only show that. You are looking for one up man-ship and making false accusations. What credibility are you talking about? You obviously have loads of time to keep posting all this. Do not ever make threats either and watch your language.
Ever heard - What you Give is What you Get?
These are the types of words you used to describe some members seat covers as shoddy, looks in pathetic sorry-state, slip-on loose types etc etc sometimes also making a mockery of people that if they do not have money/ budget, this is what they get (what they give for). And most of those were unsolicited remarks & you even went on arguement when some members like Jmaruru tried to explain their viewpoints.
Life is a great leveller, my friend. Respect others & thy shall be respected.

Last edited by VahanPujari : 18th September 2009 at 16:35.
VahanPujari is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th September 2009, 17:12   #285
BHPian
 
JMaruru's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Bengaluru
Posts: 446
Thanked: 86 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hypercar View Post
You guys are jumping to conclusions just because I said I did not like your seat covers. Nothing personal. You can continue believing whatever you want to.
Thanks. You have been generous, today.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hypercar View Post
Responses from some people are no proof of anything
So according to you response from none of the many a BHPians does not stand the light of the day, but whatever you say does.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hypercar View Post
and I am not interested in flaming this thread as you are.
Rather than making 4 different back to back posts, you could have consolidated all this into one (multi-quote). It would help reduce the 'flaming', as you say.

I am reproducing the comment from a fellow BHPian which i feel best captures the only grouse everyone has here.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pachchu View Post
The person/company which installed it here, to the best of my knowledge (and many other forum members also believe it), promotes his company on the t-bhp without full disclosure of his vested interest, which I believe is unethical. All we need is a full disclosure of vested interest in his signature or in his profile.

Last edited by JMaruru : 18th September 2009 at 17:30.
JMaruru is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Slip on Seat Covers Vs Factory Fit seat covers Kärlsson Modifications & Accessories 18 29th June 2016 22:19
Art leather/Genuine leather Seats in Mumbai raj_5004 Modifications & Accessories 59 9th January 2016 18:18
Art leather seat covers Bullfrog Modifications & Accessories 47 1st December 2011 21:45
Leather, Art Leather Seats & Car Upholstery in Chennai bottle Modifications & Accessories 185 4th August 2010 11:52


All times are GMT +5.5. The time now is 03:00.

Copyright ©2000 - 2016, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks