Go Back   Team-BHP > Under the Hood > Modifications & Accessories


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 12th October 2011, 16:33   #646
BHPian
 
ryan_wheelz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: mumbai
Posts: 139
Thanked: 37 Times
Default Re: Art Leather Seat Covers

My car OHC is a 2001 Model , the car was in stock condition with no accessories when I got it in Dec2010 In fact it still had the OE head unit when I got it ,
So, I wanted a fresh look for the interiors and thus planned to get the covers done ( I plan to keep this baby for a long time )

The owner Anil Shinde is a gentlemen and is ready to answer all the questions you have, was fun talking to him.

WHAT I GOT DONE
Seats , Door trims in Poppy Nappy Leather & the steering wheel which was done in pure leather

I was there the whole time the work was getting done & I couldn’t bare to see them stripping the car to get the seats and door trims fixed but the sales guys assured me the work is top notch and I should not worry.
And as the sales guy said ‘ the work done was excellent’ , they even put sponge in the door trims for the left and right side where the elbows rest , its feeling real comfy now

Will uploads pictures soon,

For now I’ve put below some pictures of the other services at the shop / factory [/FONT]

Last edited by ryan_wheelz : 12th October 2011 at 16:36.
ryan_wheelz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th November 2011, 19:39   #647
BHPian
 
infotech58's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Toronto
Posts: 627
Thanked: 213 Times
Default Re: Art Leather Seat Covers

Quote:
Originally Posted by ryan_wheelz View Post

My car OHC is a 2001 Model , the car was in stock condition with no accessories when I got it in Dec2010 In fact it still had the OE head unit when I got it ,
So, I wanted a fresh look for the interiors and thus planned to get the covers done ( I plan to keep this baby for a long time )

The owner Anil Shinde is a gentlemen and is ready to answer all the questions you have, was fun talking to him.

WHAT I GOT DONE
Seats , Door trims in Poppy Nappy Leather & the steering wheel which was done in pure leather

Will uploads pictures soon,

For now I’ve put below some pictures of the other services at the shop / factory [/FONT]

could you post the pictures of the work you got done? i am considering adding art leather seat covers to my OHC soon and the option that you went with sounds promising.
infotech58 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd November 2011, 09:42   #648
Senior - BHPian
 
motomaverick's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 1,834
Thanked: 859 Times
Default Re: Art Leather Seat Covers

Just a short query, some shops in bangalore quote some 3k, 4k etc for art leather, are these actual art leather or just rexine based without breathable material.
motomaverick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd November 2011, 11:42   #649
BHPian
 
gauravdgr8's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: CG/CH
Posts: 470
Thanked: 360 Times
Default Re: Art Leather Seat Covers

Quote:
Originally Posted by motomaverick View Post
Just a short query, some shops in bangalore quote some 3k, 4k etc for art leather, are these actual art leather or just rexine based without breathable material.
2 years back I had got Art Leather for my U-Va for 3.5k. They were pretty good.

Check if the material has texture on it or is plain shiny. If it's plain shiny, it sure is rexine.

Check this website: Car Leather Seat Covers Mumbai, Car Seat Covers.

Although it is a Mumbai based customizer, see if he knows someone genuine in Bangalore.
gauravdgr8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd November 2011, 12:11   #650
Senior - BHPian
 
Latheesh's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Bangalore/Kannur
Posts: 2,713
Thanked: 1,728 Times
Infractions: 0/1 (5)
Default Re: Art Leather Seat Covers

Quote:
Originally Posted by motomaverick View Post
Just a short query, some shops in bangalore quote some 3k, 4k etc for art leather, are these actual art leather or just rexine based without breathable material.
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/modifi...covers-44.html (Art Leather Seat Covers)
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/bangal...bangalore.html (Seat Covers: Imperial INC (Bangalore))
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/bangal...pholstery.html (Pensee Leathers: Leather and Art Leather Car upholstery)
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/bangal...bangalore.html (Leather Upholstery - Marvin Genuine Leather (Bangalore))

From the feedback it looks like Imperial Inc offers VFM deal
Latheesh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd November 2011, 12:30   #651
Senior - BHPian
 
motomaverick's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 1,834
Thanked: 859 Times
Default Re: Art Leather Seat Covers

Quote:
Originally Posted by gauravdgr8 View Post
2 years back I had got Art Leather for my U-Va for 3.5k. They were pretty good.

Check if the material has texture on it or is plain shiny. If it's plain shiny, it sure is rexine.

Check this website: Car Leather Seat Covers Mumbai, Car Seat Covers.

Although it is a Mumbai based customizer, see if he knows someone genuine in Bangalore.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Latheesh View Post

From the feedback it looks like Imperial Inc offers VFM deal
Thanks for the suggestions just booked for Autoform seat cover for 6500 with Autoshop, its the Ultra+ variant in coco & off-white color combo. Will post some pics once done.
motomaverick is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 22nd November 2011, 13:27   #652
BHPian
 
gauravdgr8's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: CG/CH
Posts: 470
Thanked: 360 Times
Default Re: Art Leather Seat Covers

Quote:
Originally Posted by motomaverick View Post
Thanks for the suggestions just booked for Autoform seat cover for 6500 with Autoshop, its the Ultra+ variant in coco & off-white color combo. Will post some pics once done.
6500 is only for the covers or does it include S.cover, G.knob and door pads.

For my vista, Pensee has quoted 4900 just for the seats.
gauravdgr8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th April 2012, 13:07   #653
BHPian
 
sumathindra's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 591
Thanked: 183 Times
Default Re: Art Leather Seat Covers

Quote:
Originally Posted by rjstyles69 View Post
Normal Soap Water uuhhhh ... and who told you this mate ? Do this for a few months and you will see the outcome.
It has been close to 1.5 years now for my gsport art leather seat cover on my figo. I have been cleaing them only with a damp cloth. Recently I was told that the leather seat cleaners & lotions available can be used too clean which helps condition the covers. Question is is it ok to use? Let me know.
sumathindra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th April 2012, 08:16   #654
Senior - BHPian
 
rjstyles69's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Bengalooru..
Posts: 4,337
Thanked: 771 Times
Default Re: Art Leather Seat Covers

Quote:
Originally Posted by sumathindra View Post
It has been close to 1.5 years now for my gsport art leather seat cover on my figo. I have been cleaing them only with a damp cloth. Recently I was told that the leather seat cleaners & lotions available can be used too clean which helps condition the covers. Question is is it ok to use? Let me know.
You can use leather seat cleaners , IMO there shouldn't be any problems. I used to use this product called Vista (in a black can) long back. Has been long since I have seen this product in the market now.

A damp cloth is good enough too as long as you don't use soap water with it.
rjstyles69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th May 2012, 13:16   #655
BHPian
 
gjiyap1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Chennai
Posts: 80
Thanked: 36 Times
Default Re: Art Leather Seat Covers

Folks - need input for economical Seat cover to my new Honda Jazz.

Tried searching in t-bhp for "Hi-tech" seat covers, but not many. Have anyone tried it ?.

I got a reference in my apartment - a person get the material from dealer in GP Road (chennai) and fix at our place itself.

The one i am in liking is here:

..:: HI-TECH AUTOMOTIVE SEAT COVERS | HTR0043 ::..

The product information says it is 'artificial leather'. Is this rexin or some other material ?.

Also, the brand seems exist for long and setup based out of Mumbai. But wonder - how i don't see too many reference in this forum (not that it is mandatory ).

Thanks in advance.
Jay.

Last edited by gjiyap1 : 15th May 2012 at 13:19. Reason: first line edit
gjiyap1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th May 2012, 22:48   #656
BHPian
 
triedeverything's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 492
Thanked: 162 Times
Default Re: Art Leather Seat Covers

Quote:
Originally Posted by rjstyles69 View Post
You can use leather seat cleaners , IMO there shouldn't be any problems. I used to use this product called Vista (in a black can) long back.
Amway has a very good product for any kind of upholstery. After I got my seats done at Marvin, they had promised to clean the 3 times a year. I just went there once and the Amway solution was really impressive.
triedeverything is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st May 2012, 14:51   #657
BHPian
 
Sridhar K's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Chennai
Posts: 580
Thanked: 183 Times
Default Re: Art Leather Seat Covers

Quote:
Originally Posted by gjiyap1 View Post
Folks - need input for economical Seat cover to my new Honda Jazz.

Tried searching in t-bhp for "Hi-tech" seat covers, but not many. Have anyone tried it ?.

I got a reference in my apartment - a person get the material from dealer in GP Road (chennai) and fix at our place itself.

The one i am in liking is here:

..:: HI-TECH AUTOMOTIVE SEAT COVERS | HTR0043 ::..

The product information says it is 'artificial leather'. Is this rexin or some other material ?.

Also, the brand seems exist for long and setup based out of Mumbai. But wonder - how i don't see too many reference in this forum (not that it is mandatory ).

Thanks in advance.
Jay.
Have seen many cars with Hi-tech which seems a GP road favorite. They are not that bad but would suggest looking at Dolphin brand which I would rate better and in the similar price bucket.
Sridhar K is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 21st July 2012, 23:34   #658
BHPian
 
sara.ramli's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Chennai
Posts: 83
Thanked: 327 Times
Default Re: Art Leather Seat Covers

Anybody has any experience with the "Feather" brand?

Came across an ad in the t-bhp classifieds from "Leo Car Accessories", based in Woods Road (nearby GP road). Visited them this evening and the owner was patient enough in explaining the various options available. Had four variants of art-leather and about 20 different designs for me to pick from.

When asked about the brand being relatively unheard of, he mentioned that Marvin who were doing pure leather covers earlier, got into art-leather under this brand "Feather".

The pictures that he showed plus those posted on the store's FB page induces confidence.

Any t-bhpian has prior experience with either the store or the brand?
sara.ramli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd July 2012, 22:46   #659
BHPian
 
Sridhar K's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Chennai
Posts: 580
Thanked: 183 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by sara.ramli View Post
Anybody has any experience with the "Feather" brand?

Came across an ad in the t-bhp classifieds from "Leo Car Accessories", based in Woods Road (nearby GP road). Visited them this evening and the owner was patient enough in explaining the various options available. Had four variants of art-leather and about 20 different designs for me to pick from.

When asked about the brand being relatively unheard of, he mentioned that Marvin who were doing pure leather covers earlier, got into art-leather under this brand "Feather".

The pictures that he showed plus those posted on the store's FB page induces confidence.

Any t-bhpian has prior experience with either the store or the brand?
I along with mutantx visited them and found their work pretty good. However we were unsure of the quality of the pvc or pu material on their seat covers. Considering that cost is not less than proven brands like autoform, dropped the idea of trying them. Going with art skin thru jewajee instead.
Sridhar K is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 1st August 2012, 13:29   #660
BHPian
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Mumbai
Posts: 260
Thanked: 124 Times
Default Re: Art Leather Seat Covers

I am getting Art Leather Seat covers from Orchis-Mumbai today for my White Honda Jazz. The work is under progress even as I am typing this post.

Marigold (variety of Art Leather) Art Leather Black seat covers in White stitching. The Leather steering cover would be done in the same theme (if I may call it one).

Total Damage = 7000 for seat covers and 1500 for steering wheel.

Shall post pics very soon.
Animesh is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Slip on Seat Covers Vs Factory Fit seat covers Kärlsson Modifications & Accessories 18 29th June 2016 22:19
Art leather/Genuine leather Seats in Mumbai raj_5004 Modifications & Accessories 59 9th January 2016 18:18
Art leather seat covers Bullfrog Modifications & Accessories 47 1st December 2011 21:45
Leather, Art Leather Seats & Car Upholstery in Chennai bottle Modifications & Accessories 185 4th August 2010 11:52


All times are GMT +5.5. The time now is 13:32.

Copyright ©2000 - 2016, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks