Go Back   Team-BHP > Under the Hood > Modifications & Accessories

Old 5th August 2010, 19:35   #271
BHPian

autexy, the regulator dash is not working. any idea how to get rid of this? I mean what will happen if I remove this regulator?
vinod_namakkal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th August 2010, 12:31   #272
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by iamback View Post
In delhi, Performance Zone is the best shop for all your car purchase. Here's their website Performance Products India, Auto Parts Delhi, Car Parts Delhi and Auto Spare Parts

Hmm.
I dont think so.I would classify this one as a 1st class stockist.
But implementation?
0 bata sannata!!
Took my fiesta over to get a conical installed,which unfortunately i had gotten by m'self from abroad,so that was one area where i was not going to get fleeced.
I am trying to put in a picture of the wonderful install done by performace zone guys,lets see.
he couldnt even get the pipe angles right to avoid it hitting the latch of the bonnet.
Of course, that may something to do with the AIRBOX not being removed in the first place!!
God, if it wasnt my own car, i'de be laughing out loud.
so now i have the factory fiesta airbox in my car,with gaping inlets and outlets.
also there is another hose(abt 1/2 a cm across) attached to the bottom of the airbox,which is still attached to it!!
As "isse kuchh nahi hot hai"(quoted verbatim).
orginal hose attached to the engine has been twisted to accomodate the filter.
Got it done yesterday, getting it removed today, till i can find someone who actually knows what its about.
will try and post a picture.
cant believe i wasted a grand on such shoddy "activity"(Cant call it work!!).

somebody in delhi, who's gotten a conical installed in a petrol fiesta, or knows someone who has installed, please let me know,im desperate!!!!

mods:sorry if this is the wrong thread,but seemed to be the closest and most current to what i was looking for.

Last edited by mayankk : 6th August 2010 at 12:32. Reason: addon
mayankk is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 6th August 2010, 15:06   #273
Senior - BHPian

Here we go.
filter-install by performance zone!!
Attached Thumbnails
The Maruti 800 Mod Thread-filter.jpg  

Old 6th August 2010, 16:12   #274

Quote:
Originally Posted by vinod_namakkal View Post
autexy, the regulator dash is not working. any idea how to get rid of this? I mean what will happen if I remove this regulator?
Vinod, normally there is a wire which goes to the dash regulator, maybe the previous owner couldn't get that fixed and decided to go for this regulator at the bottom itself.

Basically it is for controlling the temp of air (hot/cold), if you do not need to regulate that, then you can do away with the regulator.
Generally it is helpful in places with extreme temperatures, Cold for summers, hot for winters.

hope that helps.
autexy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th August 2010, 01:28   #275
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mayankk View Post
Here we go.
filter-install by performance zone!!
mayank, the aesthetics of the install may not be good , but as long as the hose from the air filter to the throttle body isnt leaking, the install is just fine.

You see there are many limitations.Firstly there isnt much space under the hood of your car, secondly in india, the cheapest installer would get the business so to make this install cheap , the installer used the existing parts that were there on the car (read hose coming from the airbox). A better looking install can be done by custom making the tubing for the filter , but since the advantage would be limited to better aesthetics only , therefore its not feasible.
Lastly , the problem of the gaping hole in the air box. Well unlike a lot of cars , the fiesta apparently has a airbox that does double duty as the engine cover (and show piece) You could possibly remove it but that would exopose the stuff underneath making your engine bay look cluttered. Since the airbox on most cars is actually a seperate box, it can be remove, but thats not the case with your car. Best would be to cover the hole and live with it.

Hope this clears your doubts

Addendum: though , paying a grand for this job is indeed fleecing. clearly , its a simple job , which you probably could have done yourself.

Last edited by mycarhasablower : 13th August 2010 at 01:32.
mycarhasablower is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th August 2010, 07:32   #276
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mycarhasablower View Post
mayank, the aesthetics of the install may not be good , but as long as the hose from the air filter to the throttle body isnt leaking, the install is just fine.

You see there are many limitations.Firstly there isnt much space under the hood of your car, secondly in india, the cheapest installer would get the business so to make this install cheap , the installer used the existing parts that were there on the car (read hose coming from the airbox). A better looking install can be done by custom making the tubing for the filter , but since the advantage would be limited to better aesthetics only , therefore its not feasible.
Lastly , the problem of the gaping hole in the air box. Well unlike a lot of cars , the fiesta apparently has a airbox that does double duty as the engine cover (and show piece) You could possibly remove it but that would exopose the stuff underneath making your engine bay look cluttered. Since the airbox on most cars is actually a seperate box, it can be remove, but thats not the case with your car. Best would be to cover the hole and live with it.

Hope this clears your doubts

Addendum: though , paying a grand for this job is indeed fleecing. clearly , its a simple job , which you probably could have done yourself.
Right on the head you hit it.
when i came back and saw what had been done, got so cheesed off!!
for this?
you actually want money for this????
Old 6th September 2010, 23:52   #277
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by PAVAN KADAM View Post
3 months of speculation and 1 month of search.

I found my much elusive Auto transmission kit, all working from a 1995 M-800. The car owner left the car with a mechanic in Pondicherry @ 17850 kms on the odo, now since last 15 years he's living abroad. The car had to be scrapped due to rusting, but the clever mechanic has the engine and gearbox.

I will be driving down there in the next few days to claim it.
Hi Pavan,

Is there anyway that we can get an auto trany for M800 in blore. Also wanted to know how is the installation going on about the same. Please do let me know as i want to get this done on my M800 as well
Tazzy Boy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th September 2010, 10:27   #278
BHPian

Hi All,

I now have decided to do the following jobs in my M800.

1. New dashboard - 1850
2. Front Windshield Glass - 950 (Green Tinted)
3. Wiring Kit - 1850
4. Wiper Arm connector - 190
5. Drive Shaft Left - 1050
6. Drive Shaft Right - 1050
7. Bearing front left - 150
8. Bearing front Left - 150
9. Engine Bed - 115+140+225
10. Brake Pads (set of 4) - 225
11. Brake Shoe Rear (set of 4) - 260

These above prices are as on 17th september 2010 at coimbatore.

Please let me know whether the prices in control.

Also please refer the below picture. The red arrow marked is the bolt which broke when tried to unthread it. A small amount of Radiator oil is leaking there.

What I wish to know is whether this particular union (marked in Yellow) is a replacable part of is it something which is mount to the engine.

Thanks to sumeethaldankar as the picture was posted by him. I could get a clear picture of the same from my car.

Thank you all in advance.
Attached Images

Last edited by vinod_namakkal : 20th September 2010 at 10:29.
Old 20th September 2010, 11:56   #279
Senior - BHPian

I rarely use my M800 (say once or twice a month) & last time when I noticed a rust build up at A pillar, I didnt fiddle with it but yday I happened to scrape it with my car keys & was shocked to see this.
The visible 'rod' inside is the radio antenna.
The Maruti 800 Mod Thread-19092010386.jpg
The Maruti 800 Mod Thread-19092010385.jpg
How can I get it fixed. What should I do????

Raab Rakha.
ariesonu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th September 2010, 16:01   #280
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by PAVAN KADAM View Post
Wow, goooood thread

Presenting my 1997 Maruti 800 or the SB -308.

Modifications Done:
1) 2002 maruti 800 dashboard and steering.
2) Got rid of the leaf spring and installed Multi link coil suspension
8) Zen Carburetor
9) Closed ratio gearbox
10) Oversize Polished pistons
12) Oversize valves
15) Remote lever for fuel tank opener and rear hatch (Keyless)
17) Ported engine body and head for better coolant circulation
18) Sleeved camshaft for better valve lift

Pavan,

How much did it cost for Multi link Coil Suspension?

Do we have to change the odo meters when you upgrade the dashboard from 94 to 2002?

Closed Ratio Gearbox - I have cut my gear lever and brought down like yours. But what is closed ratio gear box. and how much would it cost?
Attached Thumbnails
The Maruti 800 Mod Thread-dsc00466-desktop-resolution.jpg  

The Maruti 800 Mod Thread-dsc00039-desktop-resolution.jpg  

Old 20th September 2010, 19:15   #281
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ariesonu View Post
I rarely use my M800 (say once or twice a month) & last time when I noticed a rust build up at A pillar, I didnt fiddle with it but yday I happened to scrape it with my car keys & was shocked to see this.
Attachment 426605
Attachment 426606

Raab Rakha.
Oh man thats some serious rust. Do get it rectified ASAP as damage to the "A" pillar of a car can compromise its structural integrity. I think you can get minor patch work done at any competent garage. Just make sure that putty is used only for smoothness and not for filling the holes.
Now i am really scared after viewing this in a 800. BTW how old is the car.
samsag12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th September 2010, 23:47   #282
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ariesonu View Post
Attachment 426605
Attachment 426606

Raab Rakha.
Man, that's scary. Looking at the pictures, I was shocked & started pondering as to how moisture or water can start corroding the A-pillar? I mean, there has to be some inlet from where water must have reached this place at the insides & corroded the whole metal. Does anybody have any idea on this?

Although I drive an Alto, I recently did an antirust coating on the insides of my car's doors & the engine bay on my own. Although it wasn't messy, but there was considerable rust inside those doors when I opened those plastic trim panels. Also, about 3 months back, I had opened the dashboard & found the entire structure there rusting away to "nothing", removed as much rust as I could (depending on my hand's reach) & spray painted that area.

Guys, if anybody else has taken any measures for rust prevention, do share please. Rusting seems to be a grave problem these days, specially thanks to the heavy rains this monsoon season.

Drive safe, take care.
blackfire_9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st September 2010, 00:01   #283
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by vinod_namakkal View Post
Pavan,

How much did it cost for Multi link Coil Suspension?

Do we have to change the odo meters when you upgrade the dashboard from 94 to 2002?

Closed Ratio Gearbox - I have cut my gear lever and brought down like yours. But what is closed ratio gear box. and how much would it cost?
The Multi link coil spring suspension costed me around 10K all inclusive

You need to change the odo if you change over to the newer kind of Dash

Closed ratio gearbox - You dont get one, but you need to modify the existing gearbox gear ratios by using the older 800 (SS80) top gear and the Baleno 3rd and 4th gear.

DONT ATTEMPT THIS - Ofcourse the car will be a killer, but the amount of money it costs, you can buy a second hand Fiat.
PAVAN KADAM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st September 2010, 01:00   #284
BHPian

@pavan:by ss80 top gear ,do you mean final drive ie: the differential's ring gear? since top gear is fourth and that we are swapping with that of the balenos

@ariesonu: you may not be this lucky with your fiat but fixing the rust on your maruti in the correct way should be fairly easy. when there is a bad crash, the company usually pulls out the damaged sections of the body and replaces them with new panels. take your car to an authorised service centre and tell them specifically that you want the pillar replaced , atleast the inside section. the pillar is in two pieces , the one you see inside and one you see outside , the inside portion is fairly small and the replacement shoud be easy.
since maruti is doing rather well the replacement part should be available but the service centre most likely will have to order it from maruti.
good luck

Last edited by mycarhasablower : 21st September 2010 at 01:12.
mycarhasablower is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st September 2010, 08:59   #285
Senior - BHPian

+1 to what MCB suggested. blackfire_9 i think the source of inlet (of water) must be the antenna assembly. ariesonu get the antenna module and its gasket checked and if possible get it replaced. Other than that, do get the "A" pillar body panel covering checked, of any leakage, crack, or worse rust.
samsag12 is offline   Reply With Quote