Go Back   Team-BHP > Under the Hood > Modifications & Accessories

Old 14th December 2010, 21:06   #346
BHPian

Default Re: The Maruti 800 Mod Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by JustCause View Post
They cost 1000Rs. a pair.
Be wary of their below average performance in rains before going for an upgrade ,since you live in Bangalore.
oh...ok, I will try 100/130 in that case and see the difference.
johnruben is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31st December 2010, 18:06   #347
BHPian

MY ice covered 800-PERFECT CONTRAST!
Attached Images

drjumbo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th January 2011, 02:35   #348

Just did a bit of mod changed the (type 2) headlights with (type 3) ones with 90/100 osram halogen bulb and solar relay and removed the front bumper guard

first pic is before and second is after
Attached Thumbnails
The Maruti 800 Mod Thread-dsc01143.jpg  

The Maruti 800 Mod Thread-dsc01223_filtered.jpg  

The Maruti 800 Mod Thread-dsc01227_filtered.jpg  

dj_square is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th January 2011, 09:47   #349
BHPian

good work!! the beam seems powerful.
drjumbo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th January 2011, 14:26   #350
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dj_square View Post
Just did a bit of mod changed the (type 2) headlights with (type 3) ones with 90/100 osram halogen bulb and solar relay and removed the front bumper guard

first pic is before and second is after
Dear dj_square, were the type 3 head lights direct fit? Have you fixed the HL leveling mechanism? How do you compare the throw of the two HLs?

Regards,
Jose.
josejoseph is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th January 2011, 22:59   #351

Quote:
Originally Posted by drjumbo View Post
good work!! the beam seems powerful.
thanks and yes beam is powerful as i have used osram 90/100 halogen bulbs with relay.

Quote:
Originally Posted by josejoseph View Post
Dear dj_square, were the type 3 head lights direct fit? Have you fixed the HL leveling mechanism? How do you compare the throw of the two HLs?

Regards,
Jose.
1) no the type 3 lights were not direct fit i had to do some cutting & denting jobs from inside.

2) no i haven't used the headlight levelling machine there is a nut behind the lights through which you can compare and level the lights manually (if incase we want to connect it to the levelling machine the nut should be removed & there the motor fits).
dj_square is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th January 2011, 17:55   #352
Senior - BHPian

Guys with M 800 A/C i need some information. My car has the old R12 gas which is not available anymore. I would like to know the procedure and costs involved for converting the aircon system to R134A type. One A/C workshop i contacted advised me that they would need to replace the oil with R134A type. What I would specifically like to know is whether an oil replacement with the R134A gas would do the trick or is there replacement of any parts involved ?
longhorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th January 2011, 20:22   #353
BHPian

the right method is to take off the compressor drain the oil, fill r134 oil.....blow air through the system to remove old oil, replace the receiver drier bottle to r134 typr, replace the o rings to r134 compatible ones ,close the system and fill with new gas.....however most mechs skip changing the receiver drier bottle and the o rings......in my opinion skip the o rings if there are no leaks but do change the bottle...it doesnt cost much and will ensure the health and long life of ur compressor
mycarhasablower is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th January 2011, 11:08   #354
Senior - BHPian

@mycarhasablower - thanks for the reply. This is exactly what I was looking for. I remember the MASS guy telling me about some part replacement (they don't do this at a MASS) and suggested an a/c mechanic outside. I checked with another a/c mechanic just to get a feel of things. The A/c mechanic I checked with didn't mention any part replacement and only mentioned the oil change to R134A type so I was wondering what the actual process should be like.
longhorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th January 2011, 22:43   #355
BHPian

Hi Friends,

My 800AC E3 is 5 years/66K young and i want to venture a bit deeper into modifying it.

Mods done:
-Plati Alloys
-Michelin 155/70R12 XM1+
-KBX Brake booster (800 5S OE)
-Kenwood DVD/Pioneer AMP/Kenwood+Polk Audio speakers/Screen
-Osram 100/90 Halogen + Hella driving lights
-Platinum plugs (Previous Gen Camry OE)

Mods to be done:
-Airfilter (Mostly K&N)
-FFE (Considering Automech vs crude)
-Coil springs

I need help to finalise the FFE. Are there any other options? Has somebody tried moving the cat con & Muffler further towards the tail-pipe end? Will there be any benefit (Performance/Audio) by doing so?

Do any Bilstein/Koni fit an 800? What are the other (read cheaper) options for better handling/firmer ride? Eg:- Will Alto/Type1 Zen springs (or any other) fit without modifications?

I have not discussed with my mechanic because I'm sure he will react violently. His advise when similar discussion happened before was to leave this 800 alone & buy another 1 for modding.

give me some ideas so that i can buy the stuff & go to him.
Attached Images

Skyline GT-R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th January 2011, 23:08   #356
Senior - BHPian

Only thing that i see are good Zen type RVM's on both sides. I'm not sure if those are the ones that you've got.

Can you post a picture taken from the front.
harishnayak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th January 2011, 23:33   #357
BHPian

Default Re: Brake Booster Kit

Quote:
Originally Posted by silversteed View Post
I wanted to install the KBX Brake Booster setup in our M800. The car is in my hometown, Palakkad. I took it to the mechanic on sunday when I was at home, and he said he'll see if he can source it locally. Yesterday he said that he couldn't get it, and it might take anywhere between 3 days to a week or even more. I'm thinking of buying it from Chennai and sending it through my friend to Palakkad by this weekend
Sorry for the late reply. If you have not sorted the booster thing, go to Star Auto Garage in Palakkad, on the Kozhikode byepass. 1st right turn after Reliance bunk while travelling from CBE side to KZD side. They installed the KBX booster in my 800 perfectly. They had 2 units in stock. Talk to Vinish - He is the partner/head mechanic.

Harish, You missed it. Its the "el cheapo" Rs 150?/- apiece ordinary RVMs. See how a tastefully done M800 can cause optical illusions!

Last edited by Skyline GT-R : 30th January 2011 at 23:39. Reason: Reply to Harish added.
Old 31st January 2011, 01:27   #358
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skyline GT-R View Post
Sorry for the late reply. If you have not sorted the booster thing, go to Star Auto Garage in Palakkad, on the Kozhikode byepass. 1st right turn after Reliance bunk while travelling from CBE side to KZD side. They installed the KBX booster in my 800 perfectly. They had 2 units in stock. Talk to Vinish - He is the partner/head mechanic.
Thanks for that info, Skyline GTR. I got the KBX kit installed a couple of months back. Works perfectly. I bought it from GEM Auto Garage, Chennai and had it couriered to the MASS, Car Craft on Manali Road. We have a very good relationship with them, so didn't think of going to any other mechanic. Anyway, I'll definitely check out Star Auto Garage next time I take the car for some repair (If at all it's needed)

I tried to get an FFE done for my car, but couldn't get anyone reliable. Rajeev from Car Craft suggested Kitup, CBE. But on enquiry I found out that they do only eye candy and no muscles. Any other options? Is it a good idea to buy a pre-fabricated FFE (complete with a downpipe, muffler, catcon (if it exists in the kit), end can and tail pipe) from Bangalore (I've read about Pavan Kadam's mean M800) and get it installed by the mechanics in Palakkad?

Last edited by silversteed : 31st January 2011 at 01:41.
silversteed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31st January 2011, 19:46   #359
BHPian

Where can I get the brake boosters installed in my M800 in Bangalore? I am keen on getting it done as I am bored of having to apply so much pressure on the brake pedal.

Prajwal
prajwalkashyap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31st January 2011, 21:36   #360
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by silversteed View Post
I tried to get an FFE done for my car, but couldn't get anyone reliable. Rajeev from Car Craft suggested Kitup, CBE. But on enquiry I found out that they do only eye candy and no muscles. Any other options? Is it a good idea to buy a pre-fabricated FFE (complete with a downpipe, muffler, catcon (if it exists in the kit), end can and tail pipe) from Bangalore (I've read about Pavan Kadam's mean M800) and get it installed by the mechanics in Palakkad?
Kitup has a really good paint booth/painters & they do extra ordinary modifications to interiors/exteriors at very high rates. I am sure they wont even look twice at an 800. I had seen a scorpio with interiors, dashboard, steering wheel & what not covered in red leather (art?) I went there for my friends Swift tyre upsize but they don't even do that.

I think it is better to go for automech since it is ready to fit & costs around 3K. My initial plan was to get it from Trivandrum (Jerish). Anybody in the forum with comments on Automech FFE?

Rajeev's Car Craft is good but too crowded nowadays. Star although crowded, gives preference to regulars. It is run by (earlier) Dolphin guys.

Prajwal, any above average Maruti mechanic must be able to do it. It comes as a kit in KBX brandname which is owned by Bosch. But it is better to ask if the mechanic has done it before.

Last edited by Skyline GT-R : 31st January 2011 at 21:39. Reason: Reply to Prajwal