Go Back   Team-BHP > Under the Hood > Modifications & Accessories

Old 11th February 2007, 19:39   #61
Senior - BHPian

Default Car Finalised. Delivery tomorrow.

Thanks Tarun, Ankit & Rohit .

Went to Suhrit Hyundai to pay for the Lavender Getz we had been negotiating for .. on detailed inspection found a small dent on the rear fender, a little peeled paint on the front rear bumper edge and what looked like a distinct color mismatch between the front bumper and rest of the body - dropped the car like a hot cake.

There was only 1 remaining similar car - located it to Rama Hyundai. Got a SOLID 34k discount against the 25K being offered by Suhrit. Apparently, this kind of discount was ONLY possible on this particular color+variation as it is probably the only remaining 2006 model apart from 1-2 Noble whites. As per the dealer there are only about 20 Lavender colored Getz' sold in the NCR region by all dealers combined - so that makes it a Limited Edition

Anyhow, paid a token amount, will go there tomorrow morning for PDI and delivery of the car.
manveet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th February 2007, 20:18   #62
elf
BANNED

Glad to be of help manveet. And Congratulations!

Remember to do your own PDI as listed elsewhere on the forum (too lazy to find link).
elf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th February 2007, 22:15   #63
BHPian

Its listed here (New Car PreDelivery Inspection List Part I, II, III and IV (by Kishor kulkarni)) ...and normally_crazy has summurized it here
rohitbagai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th February 2007, 22:38   #64
Senior - BHPian

I liked the Gatz in lavender color and you did a good job on opting it for your mother. The wheels look out of place though. A sweet looking set of alloy wheels will make this car perfect. Please don't put dark tinits. Will spoil the cuteness of the car.
Have a feeling the car may be much better with matching color door handles and RVMs (like in Palio).
satish_appasani is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th February 2007, 18:23   #65
Senior - BHPian

Cool Delivered - "The Pink Getz" - .. muahahahaha :)

When I drove out of the Getz showroom today, it was the first time I was actually driving the Getz, I mean I hadn't even taken a Test drive abhi tak !!

Odo reading was 46 kms - and I did most of the checks based on the TBhp thread on self-PDI. Noticed under-inflated tires and a plastic cover on the battery terminal which was slightly loose - Rest all perfect - didn't take it for a spin before delivery though .. got complimentary Mats and Mud-guards fitted. A gear Lock goes in this evening and new 15" alloys+tires on Sunday.

Driving away from the Dealership towards office, my dad was behind me in my OHC for about 2-3 kms. Now here's the funny part - I didn't know what I was enjoying more - staring at my OHC in the RVM or the pleasure of driving the Getz. Thats the moment when you realise what emotional attachment to a car really is. Bottomline - I still LOVE my ride

First impressions, Getz owners please validate -
  • the steering wheel is TOO BIG. I understand that i'm used to the racing-type chotu wheel in my OHC, but this was WAY to big, I mean even compared to say a stock OHC wheel. True?
  • Excellent low-end torque. Shift into 3rd in bumper-to-bumper traffic and forget about changing gears.
  • The Side-view-mirrors are very small yaar.
Detailed post and pictures later.
Regards,
manveet

p.s.
Offtopic - some idiot in an Indica backended my OHC yesterday .. I was with mom-dad and couldn't even abuse him .. I saw him approaching me so fast in the RVM - wonder why these drivers drive like maniacs .. that too in a torrential downpour. Chipped some paint off the bumper :( .. skirting survived thankfully ..

Last edited by manveet : 12th February 2007 at 18:28.
Old 12th February 2007, 19:02   #66
Team-BHP Support

Steering wheel bit is spot on manveet feels very huge. It also isn't exactly vertical.

Torque part yes in 3rd gear but 2nd gear is sad and runs out of steam at higher rpm and not much at low rpm as well.

Side mirrors din't find them too small.

I drive my friend's getz a lot so i know how it feels.

Congrats to you and your mom o the new car.

what abt ICE??
Vid6639 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th February 2007, 19:45   #67
aZa
Senior - BHPian

manveeteh .... the steering wheel i think is ... ok ... you are getting that feeling coz of your sports steering in the ohc.

Btw congrats!! and i'm waiting for a testdrive
aZa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th February 2007, 20:18   #68
Senior - BHPian

oye where are the pics manveeteh ??
big steering wheel eh ? go to driven ,get a chotu steering wheel ,problem solved.!!!
congrats man ,hope to see the car in the next meet
faithless_1984 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th February 2007, 20:28   #69
elf
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by satish_appasani View Post
... Have a feeling the car may be much better with matching color door handles and RVMs (like in Palio). ...
Don't be silly. The car's already Lavender. Don't kill it by painting everything else the same colour. We've suckered him into buying a PINK (lavender??!! HAHAHAHAHAHA) hatchback, now don't overdo it & cause the poor boy to commit suicide! Shee man, you guys are REALLY cruel!
Old 12th February 2007, 23:32   #70
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by aZa
manveeteh .... the steering wheel i think is ... ok ... you are getting that feeling coz of your sports steering in the ohc.
That's correct. I verified it by taking my OHC steering wheel and placed it on the Getz wheel .. they are EXACTLY the same size.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vid6639
Steering wheel bit is spot on manveet feels very huge. It also isn't exactly vertical.
You're right. FEEL is the key word. Something is definitely very different about its positioning - could be the vertical issue .. not sure ..

Anyhow, new steering wheel will be coming shortly - even my Mom freaks out on my OHC steering wheel.

Quote:
Originally Posted by faithless_1984
go to driven ,get a chotu steering wheel ,problem solved.!!! .. hope to see the car in the next meet
Make it to Driven's next Sunday .. why wait for the next Meet.
I might also end up visiting him earlier as I wanna choose 15" rims - am contemplating ones with a dark grey finish .. hyper-silver or whatever the crap they're called - lets see.

Last edited by manveet : 12th February 2007 at 23:36.
Old 12th February 2007, 23:47   #71
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Side mirrors din't find them too small.
Somehow they are not giving me too much coverage .. probably will just take a bit of getting used to.

Quote:
what abt ICE??
The 6" Pio front-speakers (1 yr old) and HU (3+ years old) from my OHC will go into the Getz. It's CD-lens is very unpredictable - won't be an issue as mom only wants FM.

The OHC will get a new Pio 6950 HU and front components.

Coming soon Mods
  • New 15" Rims and old Silverstone's from the OHC.
  • Sporty chotu steering wheel
Post the 3000 km mark
  • Tacho
Old 12th February 2007, 23:54   #72
Senior - BHPian

Cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by elf View Post
We've suckered him into buying a PINK (lavender??!! HAHAHAHAHAHA) hatchback, now don't overdo it & cause the poor boy to commit suicide!
The women are freaking out on my car .. I haven't told them its Mom's .. my staple response is more like .. "I'm in touch with my feminine side" .. its working for me ..

and btw, I now understand why all the hot women hang out with gay guys .. me thinks it wouldn't be a bad thing to pretend

p.s. .. elfy boy .. don't be jealous .. i'm sure your wife is drooling on the ride
Old 13th February 2007, 02:20   #73
elf
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by manveet View Post
... and btw, I now understand why all the hot men hang out with gay guys .. me thinks it wouldn't be a bad thing to pretend ...
Are you really saying what you just said, or is that a typo...?

Quote:
Originally Posted by manveet View Post
... elfy boy .. don't be jealous .. i'm sure your wife is drooling on the ride ...
No baba. Truth be told, she hates pink on cars.

But don't worry - I really think it's nice.

Congrats to your Mama again, & I was just kidding in my earlier post.
Old 16th February 2007, 01:15   #74
Senior - BHPian

Took the Delivery on Monday, 12th Feb. .. Pictures are from the showroom

The thing is that this car's shade looks very different in varying lighting .. for e.g. in the third photo, its looking way darker than it actually is.

Anyhow, need suggestions .. am planning to go in for 15" alloys .. what color should I pick ..
  • dark gray
  • matt silver
  • pink/purple strained (if I get) .. like my OHC gold rims ..
Old 16th February 2007, 01:45   #75
BHPian

First of all, congrats for the new ride! Its super cool (for your mom that is)

As far as the colour of the alloys is concerned, I think you should stick to the regular matt silver or dark grey.

Probably the best option would be to take some help from the photoshop experts on the forum? It will definately give you a better idea.

Happy Hunting!

Last edited by ankitahuja : 16th February 2007 at 01:46. Reason: TYPO!
ankitahuja is offline   Reply With Quote