Go Back   Team-BHP > Under the Hood > Modifications & Accessories

Old 18th April 2008, 03:15   #106
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rider60 View Post
are you sure its 1.3L 90bhp engines that these cars going to sport? because i heard that these will get bigger version of the same ddis! i just heard i am not sure can some one confirm this?
Its not a bigger version of the DDiS Multijet but the same engine. The 75BHP version currently available is a detuned version which was launched as a "trial" version which was extensively tested(I had seen The DDiS being tested in 2005-06) for reliability with the various diesel fuel quality(adultrated fuels are at its best in India) available accross India as the Fiat Multijet was developed in acccordance with European fuel standards.
The 90BHP version is stated to come with a VGT rather than a FGT as the Swift and the Palio come with.
abhik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th April 2008, 10:12   #107
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by BUSA View Post
You rotate it clockwise with a screw driver.
Thanks for the information BUSA.
dinar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th April 2008, 11:27   #108
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by akshay1234 View Post
theres a dial? on my innova box there are these little 'jumpers' (what matthew called them) and you have to change their positions.
The Swift box is different from the Innova's.
BUSA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th April 2008, 12:30   #109
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by BUSA View Post
The Swift box is different from the Innova's.
i sorta guessed that yaar. . but i thought all of em would have the same system.
Akshay1234 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th June 2009, 20:13   #110
BHPian

Did't want to start a new thread.
My search did't turn up much answers.

Primary reason : needs a sportier sound (not sure if this is possible on an oil burner)

Has anyone tried to do a FFE for Swift DDiS ?
Agreed it will not be FFE like in a petrol as we all know Swift DDiS already have a turbo and probably in this case all that might be needed are bigger pipes and a less restricting endcan.

Again is it possible ?
Will it have any negative effects ?
Will it be worth the pain ? (will there be any gain in sound and how 'good" the sound will be)

Please share your thoughts.
yzfrj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th June 2009, 00:50   #111
Team-BHP Support

You can try replacing the end can and see if it will give you a slightly better purr. Don't expect mirracles and going full free flow is waste as you said in a diesel turbo.
Jaggu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th June 2009, 22:08   #112
BHPian

I have an question here.

I have Swift VDI and I find the braking insufficient. I want to install ABS with EBD from Maruti. Is this possible? How much would it cost me?
anandkumargb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st April 2010, 03:15   #113

Talking Yet another dumb Swift D driver here !!!

Hi BHPians,

Since tuning box and ECU remaps have become so common to Swift D that it almost feels like thats how it comes from factory, I decided to do some research on other ways of performance improvement.
P.S->I do not wish to change the turbo..

So I have been researching for alternatives. I already have a tuning box which theoretically delivers 96hp and 240Nm torque. But I dont believe that.
I also have the GC filter with cold air intake hose. I am planning to change the Exhaust to remus. I am from kerala and i work @ hyd. So i went to pete's hyd and they dont have Remus.... only Magnaflow. I didnt like its build quality and it looked cheap. Ive seen Bhagwan's Remus FFE and it looks amazing. I know it is available in Cochin(kerala) but I donno where I can get one in Hyderabad.

I had fitted a surge air intake but it was a pile of crap. So threw it away( no actually sold it :P to another idiot who looked like me 2 months back ).

I have been researching online for various mods that can be done on Swift D and the results I came up with are ... yes you got it ---> 0

After much thinking I thot that fuel pump is wat creates the pressure for the fuel in the cylinders. Currently I think its 2000 psi as it was mentioned somewhere else in the forum.

So what if a performace fuel pump of sorts that can generate more pressure is used. Would that increase the performance ?

Has anyone tried to change the fuel pump and/or injectors on a Swift D to any aftermarket items available ???

Is this feasible ? What are the outcomes of such a mod ???

Also, what changes in Trans can be done to increase the acceleration ?

As for tyres, I currently have Yoko 205/55/R15 on my car and although the ride quality is slightly compromised ...... i have found that the grip is immaculate and ABS is certainly not needed if you know how to gear brake and definitely did not feel any loss in pickup or speed. Ofcourse my FE is ..... SHHHHH !!! I wont tell you guys !

Also having nitrogen instead of air at 28psi is very satisfying as I feel it gives better bite on the road ( maybe psychological )

Request all BHPians to give their views.
EvilxKnievil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st April 2010, 08:50   #114

Default Can Swift D sound Better!!?

I own a 2008 Swift VDi and have driven 20000km, I have been more than comfortable with the way it drives untill now.
Had stumbled upon this thread and I feel My car is somewhat underpowered.

I had kept my car bone stock, But now I have decided to go in for a mild Mod :
1) Petes 2)CAI and 3)Better Shoes. This should be within my budjet of 50k.
I dont expect significant improvement in FE. But Performance as per Feedback form most owners would be much improved.

Wanted to know whether the exhaust note can be improved. As in having an end can in a Petrol Car.
dieselroxx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st April 2010, 23:45   #115

Arrow @ BHPians

Please guys ..... someone come up with some response to my plea ???

Is no one interested in this anymore ???

Also I wanted to know what is the feasibility of a propane injection system in Diesel ???

I heard LPG can be injected into the air intake with some special system and since LPG burns at 500C as compared to 350C burning temp of diesel ..... it is presumably safer as it doesnt blow the engine out of the hood like NOS wud do to petrol ???

Any suggestions ?
Old 2nd April 2010, 12:51   #116
BHPian

Hi EvilxKnievil,

Most mods that people do on a Vdi is a Petes Box & Green Wind. You already have those.

Plus you said you dont want to get a Bigger Turbo but i guess that is the only way you can go now to get more performance than just with the box & cai.

I agree that there is just no information available online for mods on swift diesel as i guess no one is really tuning up these cars.

There is one car though which belongs to ripper and he has got it tuned up with several upgrades from peter in cochin.

I'm also keen on mods for Swift Vdi. I did post on Bhagwan's thread asking him for the benefits he experienced after putting in Remus Exhaust in regards to Sound & Power.

Please share with us your experience with the box & cai..??

How much difference and where do you fell the difference between "Stock Vs. Box+CAI" ..??
rana_kirti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd April 2010, 13:15   #117
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by EvilxKnievil View Post
Hi BHPians,

Since tuning box and ECU remaps have become so common to Swift D that it almost feels like thats how it comes from factory, I decided to do some research on other ways of performance improvement.
P.S->I do not wish to change the turbo..

So I have been researching for alternatives. I already have a tuning box which theoretically delivers 96hp and 240Nm torque. But I dont believe that.
Dyno time?

Quote:
I also have the GC filter with cold air intake hose.
The Swift stock air intake was found to supply the engine with significantly colder air than any of the aftermarket air filter systems with whatever names they have. The only better way for cold air induction is a system that sucks air from the lower bumper fog lamp position. But that is not practical or safe.

Quote:
I am planning to change the Exhaust to remus. I am from kerala and i work @ hyd. So i went to pete's hyd and they dont have Remus.... only Magnaflow. I didnt like its build quality and it looked cheap. Ive seen Bhagwan's Remus FFE and it looks amazing. I know it is available in Cochin(kerala) but I donno where I can get one in Hyderabad.
I thought you wanted performance. Why are you looking for fartcans?

Quote:
I have been researching online for various mods that can be done on Swift D and the results I came up with are ... yes you got it ---> 0
You're not looking hard enough.

Quote:
After much thinking I thot that fuel pump is wat creates the pressure for the fuel in the cylinders. Currently I think its 2000 psi as it was mentioned somewhere else in the forum.

So what if a performace fuel pump of sorts that can generate more pressure is used. Would that increase the performance ?
Some tuning boxes add fuel rail pressure to get more fuel injected during the cycle. The stock fuel pump is plenty for extreme performance mods. You just don't want to go all the way. The way up from simple tuning boxes is custom turbo, custom full exhaust with catcon delete, a proper air induction system (read factory with a stock replacement filter at most). If you are okay with cutting up your bumper, a better intercooler is also a good option. You also need to pay up for a proper remap that takes all these mods into consideration.

Don't go to your average tooner shop for diesel exhaust systems. You'll end up destroying what performance you already have.

Quote:
Has anyone tried to change the fuel pump and/or injectors on a Swift D to any aftermarket items available ???
VDi fuel pumps cost around 15k a pop thanks to Maruthi. A Hyundai pump goes 50k+. Euro pumps are eye wateringly expensive. Do not screw with it. You cannot upgrade injectors on most CRDi systems because injectors are matched to the ECU. You want more fuel injection? Drop a Verna CRDi system wholesale into your engine bay. Good luck with the wiring though.

Quote:
Also, what changes in Trans can be done to increase the acceleration ?
None needed before you go for drastic measures like engine transplants.

Quote:
Also having nitrogen instead of air at 28psi is very satisfying as I feel it gives better bite on the road ( maybe psychological )

Request all BHPians to give their views.
Normal air is 78% nitrogen. I already know how much that extra 22% will add.

Quote:
Originally Posted by anandkumargb View Post
I have an question here.

I have Swift VDI and I find the braking insufficient. I want to install ABS with EBD from Maruti. Is this possible? How much would it cost me?
Not possible. Traction control can be added aftermarket. But the ABS system needs to be in place from the factory. There is no way around it.

Last edited by ImmortalZ : 2nd April 2010 at 13:26.
ImmortalZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd April 2010, 13:47   #118
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ImmortalZ
[B
The Swift stock air intake was found to supply the engine with significantly colder air than any of the aftermarket air filter systems with whatever names they have. [/b]The only better way for cold air induction is a system that sucks air from the lower bumper fog lamp position. But that is not practical or safe.

Can you provide a "link" that proves that installing a Green wind/k&n etc. is actually worse than a Stock air intake ?

Thanks
rana_kirti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd April 2010, 16:42   #119
Senior - BHPian

I saw Bhagwan's thread with his Remus end can, I am looking at buying one too soon for my Swift VDI, he has not posted a video of the sound the car makes though. I

I dont want it to be loud at all, i just want a gentle puurr. Any idea's which company to go for ? And if anyone has one on their diesel swift please post a video
humyum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd April 2010, 19:58   #120

Wink Thank You For Response ImmortalZ

Quote:
Originally Posted by ImmortalZ View Post
Dyno time?
How else would they claim ?

Quote:
The Swift stock air intake was found to supply the engine with significantly colder air than any of the aftermarket air filter systems with whatever names they have. The only better way for cold air induction is a system that sucks air from the lower bumper fog lamp position. But that is not practical or safe.
Well, do you have any substantial proof or evidence to support your claim ??? Coz if thats the case, then why do ppl call GC filter + CAI as a performance mod if stock filter itself is soooo much better ???

Quote:
I thought you wanted performance. Why are you looking for fartcans?
Well since diesel exhaust systems work a bit diff from gasoline ones, I am a bit ignorant about the mechanics of FFE in diesel, but from my limited knowledge, I presume a 3" or 4" diameter exhaust pipe coupled with a free flow endcan like the Remus should be able to discharge the exhaust gases from most modern turbo diesels without any obstruction thereby making it a FFE.

Also, removing the CAT is out of the question as that will make the car "Street Illegal" and I dont want that. But I am ready to change it if there are any free flow performance CAT available in the market that suit the Swift D ECU, which again I failed to find on WWW.

I refuse to believe that Remus End cans are just fartcans, there should be a performance gain coz they claim it or it will just be a ricer mod !

Quote:
You're not looking hard enough.
You have no idea !!! But since you seem confident, I could use your help in getting some links to sites which provide engine mods for Swift D apart from tuning box / turbo. Waiting ......

Quote:
Some tuning boxes add fuel rail pressure to get more fuel injected during the cycle. The stock fuel pump is plenty for extreme performance mods. You just don't want to go all the way. The way up from simple tuning boxes is custom turbo, custom full exhaust with catcon delete, a proper air induction system (read factory with a stock replacement filter at most). If you are okay with cutting up your bumper, a better intercooler is also a good option. You also need to pay up for a proper remap that takes all these mods into consideration.
Dont piggy back systems act as an alternative for remap ??? So why is remap a better option than Tuning Box ??? Also since I had already mentioned that I do not wish to change my turbo, I was hoping someone would give me other ways to go faster. Wherever I checked, people always ask to upgrade turbo, but is there nothing else to go faster apart from bigger turbo ?

How about propane injection ???? You have any idea abt that ???Since LPG kits in India are not hard to find, an LPG induction kit should not be hard to make ..... is what I thought. What do you say ?