Go Back   Team-BHP > Under the Hood > Modifications & Accessories


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 8th March 2007, 00:10   #76
Senior - BHPian
 
jesal's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: Mumbai
Posts: 2,322
Thanked: 5 Times
Default

i just found out this car is a lxi. so no power nothing. abix should have got a vxi atleast, i think instead so spending so much on mods u could have got that too.
jesal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th March 2007, 01:04   #77
BHPian
 
Abix's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: New Delhi
Posts: 315
Thanked: Once
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by jesal View Post
i just found out this car is a lxi. so no power nothing. abix should have got a vxi atleast, i think instead so spending so much on mods u could have got that too.
hey jesal, well to clarify i got this car second hand with only 500 kms at around 2.9L so it was brand new and a damn good deal! The difference between the lxi and the vxi is that the lxi's got power windows, left side view mirror, and RPM meter as the major things missin! Which when i got thru accessory markets came out cheaper had i have gone for a vxi! I just got the auto gauge RPM meter installed today, with minor tweakin yet to be done, will post pics up soon!

Cheers
Abix
Abix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th March 2007, 08:17   #78
Senior - BHPian
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: BLR
Posts: 2,222
Thanked: 11 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by mclaren1885 View Post
Anirudh , its a kill switch normally used for car racing on tracks
Thanks man... still curious as to what the arrangement is in abix car

Quote:
Originally Posted by jesal View Post
abix should have got a vxi atleast, i think instead so spending so much on mods u could have got that too.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Abix View Post
The difference between the lxi and the vxi is that the lxi's got power windows, left side view mirror, and RPM meter as the major things missin! Which when i got thru accessory markets came out cheaper


Since abix has gone all out on the exterior/interior mods and engine work is soon to follow I think its justified in buying a basic car and then transforming it into a monster. This type of second hand deal is the perfect oppurtunity for mod crazy people!
s0uljah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th March 2007, 10:55   #79
Senior - BHPian
 
jesal's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: Mumbai
Posts: 2,322
Thanked: 5 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Abix View Post
hey jesal, well to clarify i got this car second hand with only 500 kms at around 2.9L so it was brand new and a damn good deal! The difference between the lxi and the vxi is that the lxi's got power windows, left side view mirror, and RPM meter as the major things missin! Which when i got thru accessory markets came out cheaper had i have gone for a vxi! I just got the auto gauge RPM meter installed today, with minor tweakin yet to be done, will post pics up soon!

Cheers
Abix
arre now i get it then. thats wicked then, no issues i was just wondering. honestly u have to be the one with the best toy car in the country... if u dont mind after u got the car how much have u spent on total, cuz i have seen ur car since u put the first rims and this is the 3rd set so just thinking.
jesal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th March 2007, 16:39   #80
BHPian
 
Abix's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: New Delhi
Posts: 315
Thanked: Once
Talking

Hey souljah, well the ignition switch can star the car without any key however, i need the key to open the steering lock, which is actually its only use now. Hope that clarifies the ignition part.

Jesal, buddy trust me, since ive bought the car the most expensive proposition has been the rims! Had i have found my current ones before, my total cost wudve been much lower, n possibly wudve got better goodies for the car! Stay tuned for turbo.... that shud be fun!

Cheers guys!
Abix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th March 2007, 19:33   #81
SRK
Senior - BHPian
 
SRK's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Mumbai
Posts: 1,161
Thanked: 352 Times
Default

Abix I am really loving that car...
How do you so much money to spend on a car..Wish I too can get something like this...

Arush Bhai....This has to be the meanest looking car from your workshop after that accord...
I love the way it has come..The colour makes it look dangerous.
SRK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th March 2007, 19:43   #82
BHPian
 
redeye's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: bangalore
Posts: 275
Thanked: 3 Times
Default

cool mod arush .. i just luv ur designs man
redeye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th March 2007, 20:07   #83
BHPian
 
Abix's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: New Delhi
Posts: 315
Thanked: Once
Wink

Quote:
Originally Posted by SRK View Post
Abix I am really loving that car...
How do you so much money to spend on a car..Wish I too can get something like this...

Arush Bhai....This has to be the meanest looking car from your workshop after that accord...
I love the way it has come..The colour makes it look dangerous.
SRK, duude ask Arush how ive saved up money to get the car lookin like this!! Savings is the key my friend and cuttin back on other things! I guess u gotta loose sum to win some!... wow im soo poetic
Abix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th March 2007, 20:20   #84
Senior - BHPian
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: Navi Mumbai
Posts: 1,040
Thanked: 127 Times
Default

your car looks wicked.....how ever the chunky spoiler is really looking odd...how about putting the spoiler on a diet ...something like this

the above kind of spoiler in a glossy black would make it look more meaner
heavy_foot is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 9th March 2007, 20:24   #85
BHPian
 
Abix's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: New Delhi
Posts: 315
Thanked: Once
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by heavy_foot View Post
your car looks wicked.....how ever the chunky spoiler is really looking odd...how about putting the spoiler on a diet ...something like this

the above kind of spoiler in a glossy black would make it look more meaner
Cheers dude, thanks for the suggestion.. but im in love with my spoiler, i think you have to see it in person, u might change ur opinion!
Abix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th March 2007, 17:13   #86
BHPian
 
desigNation's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: calicut
Posts: 660
Thanked: 46 Times
Default

i agree with heavy foot, but if pictures havent done justice to your spoiler, i am sorry about the comment.
desigNation is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th March 2007, 05:48   #87
BHPian
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: India-Mumbai-Colaba
Posts: 350
Thanked: 4 Times
Default

hey buddy nice ride...the spoiler does look out of place..but then again its everyone's own personal choice...the whole 2 door converion is a nice swift gt concept..besides all the cosmetic mods you mentioned your going to get a turbo setup...your running the india g13b block..was jsut curious abt the turbo your going to use..how much boost are you looking at...working on the internal's aswel to handle high boost...and the car redlines at 6,300 rpm so are you planning on going ahead with a standalone..and if so which one...?
dragger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th March 2007, 09:07   #88
BHPian
 
payam's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: pune
Posts: 924
Thanked: 2 Times
Default

neice dude really nice i like everything about ur ride specially the paint job and doors
enjoy buddy
payam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th March 2007, 12:27   #89
BHPian
 
300 KMPH's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Mumbai
Posts: 142
Thanked: 64 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by heavy_foot View Post
your car looks wicked.....how ever the chunky spoiler is really looking odd...how about putting the spoiler on a diet ...something like this

the above kind of spoiler in a glossy black would make it look more meaner
Hey heavy foot,this spoiler will look very small.Search for a big one......
300 KMPH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th March 2007, 00:49   #90
Senior - BHPian
 
autopsyche's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: New Delhi, India
Posts: 1,516
Thanked: 15 Times
Default More Pictures...

Forget the golfs, we've got our own meanmachines! Thats Abix with his supersweet ride. The pictures say it all.



autopsyche is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Suzuki Swift modded for sale archerdyal Shifting gears 4 28th January 2008 22:52
My Modded Swift a4_attitude Modifications & Accessories 64 19th October 2007 00:37
Modded Swift gemballa Shifting gears 0 18th July 2007 11:22


All times are GMT +5.5. The time now is 10:57.

Copyright 2000 - 2017, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks