Go Back   Team-BHP > Under the Hood > Modifications & Accessories

Closed Thread

Old 23rd March 2007, 04:39   #1
BHPian

Default Honda hybrids - OHC/NHC transplants

Guys, I saw there is a thread on e-zens and b-zens, couldnt find one for OHC's with transplanted engines, LSD etc.
Im not talking abt Indian engines which have been turboed, cammmed or chipped as there is a thread already for modified Honda city's.

1] How many of you are using transplanted engines other than the stock 1.3 and 1.5 vtec and non vtec...e.g OHC with D15B,D16,B16 etc
2] Are they daily drivers ?
3] How's the reliability and the parts availibility ?
4] Any known issues you live with this transplant ..e.g bad quality fuel.
5] Any suggestions to BHpians who are planning to do this ?

Last edited by chetanhanda : 23rd March 2007 at 04:40.
Old 23rd March 2007, 09:03   #2
BANNED

Infractions: 0/1 (10)

I know of a certain OHC being built with a D16 with the works and TC .. Car should be ready in the next couple of weeks .. At the moment the D16 and the B16 seem to be the hot favourites when it comes to honda swaps .. With the compression that most cars i have seen there is no problem with fuel .. And best part is all performance stuff are available off the shelf , though if something goes wrong it might take a couple of week to ship them .. Since its a honda they are darn reliable provided its not a shoddy assembly and are being used as daily drivers ..
Old 23rd March 2007, 12:10   #3
Senior - BHPian

Well there is one OHC being run with a B16a which belongs to our member Ford Rocam. You can read more about it here:

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/long-t...ind-scene.html

It's a daily driver which is in the process of currently being modified for more performance. For more details you can PM Rocam himself.
Old 23rd March 2007, 12:39   #4
BHPian

with the b16a1 and b18's parts have to be imported,and not all places can maintain cars with these swaps, in other words you'd have to be an expert on your own engine thoroughly(Jitus like the B16 performance manual).As far as the D series goes parts are easily available in mumbai. And mainly that the block that we run here is the D. For instance my new D15B vtec can share parts from the local engine in some cases,which makes it easier to handle.
Old 23rd March 2007, 15:18   #5
BHPian

Cough.... Cough.... Thanks mickey though i dont consider myself to be an expert cause i have to still learn a lot, in the field of knowledge nobody is complete its a learning process everytime, & one needs to keep pace with technology, when you talk to me 5 yrs down the line i will still be learning something new its a never ending process. as far as my ride is considered the first phase is over & i will be updating my BHP Garage soon, so watch out for the specs.
Old 23rd March 2007, 23:03   #6
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nitroxx View Post
with the b16a1 and b18's parts have to be imported,and not all places can maintain cars with these swaps, in other words you'd have to be an expert on your own engine thoroughly(Jitus like the B16 performance manual).As far as the D series goes parts are easily available in mumbai. And mainly that the block that we run here is the D. For instance my new D15B vtec can share parts from the local engine in some cases,which makes it easier to handle.
Seems the JDM or USDM D15,D16 would be a good choice as it shares parts from the Indian OHC.

Last edited by chetanhanda : 23rd March 2007 at 23:06.
Old 28th February 2008, 01:42   #7
BHPian

adding Viper's B16 to the list..
now we have
1] rocam - B16
2] nitroxx - D15(with y8 head ?)
3] viper - B16
..any more ?
Old 28th February 2008, 02:09   #8
Senior - BHPian

Well have seen a B18C engine with a mother of a turbo, dyno-pulled at over 400 hp. Project was canned as the owner just lost interest. Anyone want the engine?

Also in the works is another OHC with a killer Honda mill. Not so much your high-revving screamer or turbo. Think ultra-strong block, should hold a 200 shot of nitrous with no issues. Sorry, can't reveal more until the car is done. Hope to see it at SR, though!
Old 28th February 2008, 15:43   #9
Senior - BHPian

A pretty old thread dug out.i feel this thread has more meaning now.More conversions taking place.Good to see that list growing.Hope to see a transplanted lancer in kerela though.
ram
Old 23rd August 2008, 15:19   #10
BHPian

Default what engine?

i got a ohc 1998 model 1.5l, i think its got a d15 already right, pretty confused on which head and what not, can anyone tell me which engine its got?, really confused
Closed Thread