Go Back   Team-BHP > Under the Hood > Modifications & Accessories

Old 27th April 2011, 22:12   #31
Senior - BHPian

Default Re: Regarding electronic jacks and air inflators

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swanand Inamdar View Post
Amit, that looks like a pretty decent infaltor that you got. Could you tell the name of the shop you picked it up from?

Secondly, sorry for sounding naive, but how does this work? If you need to connect it to the power outlet (ciggy lighter), isnt the line provided a bit short?
I picked it up directly from the Manufacturers office. It is located at Omkareshwar Chowk. Details below:

Mr.Sawkar (Digital Tyre Inflator)
275, Shaniwar Peth, Omkareshwar Chowk
Pune, Maharashtra - 411 030, India
Phone - 020 24495739, 24455739

So got it cheaper. Else the price on the box is around Rs.2900. Fello T-BHPIan Guderian provided the details.

Regarding the ciggy lighter wire length - the picture is not doing justice. That wire is very long. It easily covers all the four wheels and the spare wheel as well. In fact while purchasing it i had asked them what is the maximum lenght of vehicle for which this chord would be enough. I was told that it has been tested in a Innova as well. In fact it is so long that once you take it out it becomes a slight pain in putting it back properly in its place

Quote:
Originally Posted by cooljai View Post
Amit, would you know how much time it takes to inflate a new tyre?
And can we set the required pressure and will it cut off after that?
Also, is there any chance of the car battery getting drained by running this in the morning to check all four tyres?
I am not really sure how much time it takes to inflate a brand new tyre. Not tried that.
It has got the auto cut off feature. You can set the pressure before you start filling.
I don't think it would drain out the batteries. It hardly takes 5-10 min to check the pressure/top up all the four tyres.
amitwlele is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th April 2011, 12:18   #32
Senior - BHPian

Thanks for the inputs, Amit. Shall call them and probably drop by to have a look. Rs 24XX does not sound bad at all.
And yeah, I did guess that the cord would be an extendable one. Putting it back in place would sure be a pain .
Swanand Inamdar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th April 2011, 12:28   #33
Senior - BHPian

Default Foot pump ,anytime better

I have been using a foot pump since the last 7-8 years . Last month my foot pump got stolen and as I couldnt find one in Bangalore ,I was forced to buy an electric compressor than runs from the 12 V socket.

Its one of those cheap " made in Taiwan " makes and cost me 1300 in Bangalore.
Its really pathetic and takes ages to do one tire. The foot pump is a cheaper and much better option .Also it doesnt take much to inflate even a completely deflated tire using a foot pump.

Its better to source one through Ebay or Amazon.

One major disadvantage of the 12 V compressor is that you cant use it when its raining .Also I wouldnt use it when the car engine is not running .
speedsatya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th April 2011, 13:55   #34
Distinguished - BHPian

Default Re: Foot pump ,anytime better

Quote:
Originally Posted by speedsatya
One major disadvantage of the 12 V compressor is that you cant use it when its raining .Also I wouldnt use it when the car engine is not running .
Did not understand the rain connection. Also, I always top-up with engine-off - other than slight battery drain, any other issues ?
supremeBaleno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th April 2011, 15:22   #35
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by speedsatya View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by supremeBaleno View Post
Did not understand the rain connection. Also, I always top-up with engine-off - other than slight battery drain, any other issues ?
I also use it with engine - off. Infact in the manual it has been mentioned that it has to be used when the engine is off. Not sure why. But following that instruction.
amitwlele is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th September 2011, 01:45   #36
BHPian

Found this thread while searching, seems to be like everyone here is talking about air compressors and have forgotten the thread title also is about electronic jacks. Anyone has any experience to share about those, would love to get one which would lift the car on the push of a button instead of doing all of a weeks gym work just to replace one tyre!

has anyone bought one? Any reviews?
bigblackshark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th September 2011, 22:40   #37
BHPian

The 12 volt portable compact tyre inflators are very useful for the tubeless tyres.

Last month on the 27th I was going to Shiradi and on the way I had a puncture and I replaced the punctured tyre with the stepheny. Since it was night time I could not find any tyre puncture shops and continued to drive.

At about 11 pm another tyre got punctured and my spare wheel was also flat and this was in the middle of no where. So my only option was to remove the punctured wheel and the spare wheel from the boot keep the car on jack and travel in another vehicle to the nearest puncture shop and get the puncture repaired and come back and fit the wheel and get going.

However I had a chinese tyre inflator in my car and I had never used it till that day. So the best option was to try using it. The rear left wheel was totally flat and I connected the tyre inflator to my 12v outlet in the car, kept the car engine running and connected the hose to the valve of the tyre and switched on the inflator. After a minute or so I noticed that the tyre started to rise slowly and within about 4-5 minutes the tyre was completely inflated and I was ready to go.

I just could not believe that something of that sort could happen and we reached Ahmednagar about 200 kms from the place of the second puncture and halted there. The car was parked in front of the hotel entire night and the next day morning also the tyre was still inflated and later that day in the evening when we were travelling back from Shiradi to Ahmednagar the tyre deflated in front of a tyre shop and I got it and the spare wheel repaired and headed back home.

So with my experience I definetely feel that the portable inflators are very useful and they cost anywhere between 800-1200 rupees and they are worth every rupee. So all of you all buy one and keep it in your boot.
patil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th December 2011, 22:31   #38
BHPian

One such experience and a cost of 800-1200 might not look big - I agree.

However as a product it would have some life expectancy or number of operations (durability) & work when we needed it (reliability).

I am planning to buy one and have a got a quote of 1200/- from hot tracks Bangalore.

So are these China/Taiwan made things durable & reliable?
ajitkumarlb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th February 2013, 15:17   #39
PVS
BHPian

I recently purchased a Coido Tyre inflator for about RS 1500/- from Reliance Autozone. Though it vibrates like hell(I have to hold it steady while filling in air) , I found it to be pretty effective, and the pressure guage is accurate as well.
PVS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th February 2013, 15:24   #40
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by PVS View Post
I recently purchased a Coido Tyre inflator for about RS 1500/- from Reliance Autozone. Though it vibrates like hell(I have to hold it steady while filling in air) , I found it to be pretty effective, and the pressure guage is accurate as well.
How much time does it take to fill up? How about the compressor getting heated up?
Can you share any pic of it?
Dodge_Viper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th February 2013, 15:57   #41
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I recently purchased a Coido Tyre inflator for about RS 1500/- from Reliance Autozone.
I was at Reliansce Atozone Gurgaon on Saturday and saw this inflator. Ordered the same from e-bay today for around 975/-. Waiting for the delivery.
sourabhzen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th February 2013, 17:46   #42
PVS
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sourabhzen View Post
I was at Reliansce Atozone Gurgaon on Saturday and saw this inflator. Ordered the same from e-bay today for around 975/-. Waiting for the delivery.
Wow - thats a straight saving of Rs 525/- Great, great! Guess why that thought didn't come to my mind earlier. Do let us know your experience with the inflator.
PVS is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 28th February 2013, 17:25   #43
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Wow - thats a straight saving of Rs 525/- Great, great! Guess why that thought didn't come to my mind earlier. Do let us know your experience with the inflator.
Received the infaltor just now. Will update the experience soon.
sourabhzen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd October 2016, 09:36   #44
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by amitwlele View Post
I picked it up directly from the Manufacturers office. It is located at Omkareshwar Chowk. Details below:

Mr.Sawkar (Digital Tyre Inflator)
275, Shaniwar Peth, Omkareshwar Chowk
Pune, Maharashtra - 411 030, India
Phone - 020 24495739, 24455739

So got it cheaper. Else the price on the box is around Rs.2900. Fello T-BHPIan Guderian provided the details.

Regarding the ciggy lighter wire length - the picture is not doing justice. That wire is very long. It easily covers all the four wheels and the spare wheel as well. In fact while purchasing it i had asked them what is the maximum lenght of vehicle for which this chord would be enough. I was told that it has been tested in a Innova as well. In fact it is so long that once you take it out it becomes a slight pain in putting it back properly in its place

I am not really sure how much time it takes to inflate a brand new tyre. Not tried that.
It has got the auto cut off feature. You can set the pressure before you start filling.
I don't think it would drain out the batteries. It hardly takes 5-10 min to check the pressure/top up all the four tyres.
I am using Limi since 2010 on my Innova, no problem till date. Yes it vibrates and also makes noise, but works perfectly fine..

The best part with Limi, as it is a local supplier, he supports your for small repair even beyond the warranty and it's home supported
Anupam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd October 2016, 11:07   #45
Senior - BHPian

I bought these recently and it works extremely well. Best part is auto shutoff after preset pressure is achieved.

https://www.amazon.in/gp/aw/d/B00IER...MPL&ref=plSrch
vikram_d is online now   Reply With Quote