Go Back   Team-BHP > Under the Hood > Modifications & Accessories

Old 11th April 2007, 22:02   #61
Senior - BHPian

that bad, huh ? I'd assumed I could maybe a 100kms on the stock, before finding a decent place. In any case with tubeless tyres the possibility is reduced, or is that more hope than reality ?
zenx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th April 2007, 22:29   #62
elf
BANNED

Don't get me wrong buddy. Of course you can run on stock rims with a skinny tyre. Was planning on doing so myself till I was forced to buy a set of 5 alloys. I currently run my spare with a non-directional tubeless.
elf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th April 2007, 22:32   #63
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by elf View Post
Or better still, carry around a tyre-wallah in the trunk.

I think it's a great idea. Don't forget to feed him occasionally.
Are you talking about our famous tyre dealer wallah ? you need to do more than just feed him occasionally, you need to get him flight tickets too, don't forget & the few drinks in between.
esteem_lover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th April 2007, 22:41   #64
elf
BANNED

Don't be silly. Throw him in the trunk & you won't need a bass tube. It'll be a besura tube, what with all his compliments to your mother & sister.

Besides which, he drinks too much & hence won't make a good worker.

Stick to a regular tyre-wallah, zenx. Better results, less pay.
Old 11th April 2007, 23:35   #65
Senior - BHPian

yessir! will stick to Ventura, 14"er on spare alloy, and regular tyre-wallah rather than our resident expert in the boot Have fun with the flogging...
Old 12th April 2007, 14:21   #66
Senior - BHPian

Default Noise reduction advice please

Was discussing reasons one might want a different/new car compared to the OHC we have right now (both of us drive and both love the way the car drives) - one of the factors that came up was that the newer cars are less noisy on the inside, esp once you start crossing 90kmph. Of course the new Yokos should help some compared to the ageing zvts' , but theres still wind noise, and the fact the the passenger cabin is just not that well damped.

Has anyone ever tried fixing this ? How ? Cheap practical solutions welcome, always
Old 12th April 2007, 14:30   #67
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by zenx View Post
Of course the new Yokos should help some compared to the ageing zvts'

These are 2 different worlds, i dont know about yokos, i am presuming they are as quiet as the Michelins.

Regarding the wind noise etc., see if your door hinges are weak & replace them. The rubber on the windows also harden in time. Consider replacing those too.
esteem_lover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th April 2007, 14:41   #68
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by zenx View Post
Has anyone ever tried fixing this ? How ? Cheap practical solutions welcome, always
My solution is to turn up the ICE but then I travel alone so it's not a bother anyway!
iraghava is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th April 2007, 14:53   #69
Team-BHP Support

zenx, incase you're too worried about the spare tyre being a smaller/bigger size, you cud always get a used tyre from the dealer for a couple of hundreds.

manson.
manson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th April 2007, 15:24   #70
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by iraghava View Post
My solution is to turn up the ICE but then I travel alone so it's not a bother anyway!
totally awesome solution - and the better speakers etc should really help this cause!
Yes, I think the window beading may help - but for Honda that can't come cheap - lemme figure that one out.
Spare tyre - totally cool idea - will ask the guy who buys my olds for a new!
Old 13th April 2007, 07:35   #71
Senior - BHPian

Default Colour Colour which Colour

This *is* the eleventh hour, nay, the half after that, but the missus and I had this sudden thought about why-not-red..

Yes, wiser counsel has made it very clear that 'woriginal colour' is best, esp for resale and suchlike, but then the car's going to be closer to 10 years old when that happens, and will any serious buyer really believe the original shiny paintwork remains, in Blore, or pay *that* much more or less for it ?

Also, we really wanted red but Honda said there'd be no batch of reds for over a month, so got the green cause there was no black in 01.

How do reds wear over time. Don't want the Inza red, what are other options ? Any other suggestions, pix ? How about black ?

This forum is turning out to be a treasure-trove for well considered, well researched opinion, btw. Thanks in advance again.
Old 13th April 2007, 10:31   #72
elf
BANNED

zenx: I'll get to your wind noise & colour options in a day or so. Am currently really, really, tied up with life.

Check out my suggestions for color to viper in his thread on his car in the meanwhile, so I don't have to retype.
Old 15th April 2007, 19:08   #73
Senior - BHPian

Thanks elf. She's gone for the paint job, so I guess thats done...same colour for maybe lack of a bolder decision
Tried Lohith's car and was amazed at how much quieter it was. Tyres ? Wow - am waiting for the Yokos then (he has Turanzas)
Will keep updated and post pix - still not 100% about the audio setup - not getting final prices from audio shops for the various Hertz' till I "commit".
Old 15th April 2007, 19:13   #74
Senior - BHPian

Sameer, get lohith and come to the drive next Sunday.
v1p3r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th April 2007, 21:34   #75
elf
BANNED

So you're going in for Yokos then? Yayyy! My Dead Horse stands...