Go Back   Team-BHP > Under the Hood > Modifications & Accessories


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 14th February 2014, 21:00   #316
BHPian
 
neel911's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 291
Thanked: 201 Times
Default Re: Tyre pressure gauge and portable inflator pump / foot pump

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sommos View Post
Thanks Parag for the information.

Got the pump delivered to an address at Pune and the same was despatched next day via the Azad-Hind Exp. No courier could have delivered the package within a day.

Checked the pump in the evening and was quite impressed with the performance. But reading the guage, while the pump is vibrating, is quite tricky.
I just received mine yesterday. Once payment was received by seller, received the product within 2 days. I tried it today and pretty impressed with the product. The car charger connector does not have a great finish but works fine. The nylon hose and brass connector lock seem to be of high quality. Also, the other nozzle types/pins included would be pretty handy as well when traveling. The vibration does hamper reading the gauge accurately when inflating but when I'm close, I just play with on - off switch to read the gauge and have tyres inflated at right level. One minor thing is that when you are removing the hose/connector from tyre, you may lose some air pressure so when topping off, just inflating a bit more than required, might be helpful.

Last edited by neel911 : 14th February 2014 at 21:03.
neel911 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 18th February 2014, 01:29   #317
Senior - BHPian
 
myavu's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: New Delhi - Kochi
Posts: 1,002
Thanked: 454 Times
Arrow Replacing battery of 3 in 1 Solar Powered Digital Car & Bike Tire/Tyre Pressure Gauge

My 2.5 year old Digital Tyre Pressure Gauge http://www.ebay.in/itm/3-in-1-Solar-...item4ac7e651dd gone kaput last Saturday.

Ordered batteries from ebay.in http://www.ebay.in/itm/371003992308?...84.m1497.l2649

After a little DIY the Gauge is back.

Pictures are self explanatory.

Tyre pressure gauge and portable inflator pump / foot pump-dsc_0291.jpg

Tyre pressure gauge and portable inflator pump / foot pump-dsc_0293.jpg

Tyre pressure gauge and portable inflator pump / foot pump-dsc_0294.jpg

Tyre pressure gauge and portable inflator pump / foot pump-dsc_0296.jpg

Tyre pressure gauge and portable inflator pump / foot pump-dsc_0297.jpg

Tyre pressure gauge and portable inflator pump / foot pump-dsc_0298.jpg

Tyre pressure gauge and portable inflator pump / foot pump-dsc_0299.jpg

Tyre pressure gauge and portable inflator pump / foot pump-dsc_0300.jpg

Tyre pressure gauge and portable inflator pump / foot pump-dsc_0301.jpg

Note: Even with a single cell it was working

Cheers!

Vinu

Last edited by myavu : 18th February 2014 at 01:31.
myavu is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 19th February 2014, 08:35   #318
Distinguished - BHPian
 
deetjohn's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Kochi
Posts: 3,506
Thanked: 5,225 Times
Default Re: Tyre pressure gauge and portable inflator pump / foot pump

Quote:
Originally Posted by deetjohn View Post
Will post more details after I use it.
A bit delayed, but there you go!

Michelin gave a nice pouch to store the gauge in the car.
Tyre pressure gauge and portable inflator pump / foot pump-wp_20140219_002.jpg
The case got a felt lining on the inside.
Tyre pressure gauge and portable inflator pump / foot pump-wp_20140219_005.jpg
The blue portion is made of rubber. The thing is a little heavy and bulky. The shape makes it nice to hold in your hand.
Tyre pressure gauge and portable inflator pump / foot pump-wp_20140219_007.jpg
Hit the ON button and it will show 0.0 PSI
Tyre pressure gauge and portable inflator pump / foot pump-wp_20140219_008.jpg
You can program the device to store the pressure for front and rear wheels which can be used as reference to let out excess air
Tyre pressure gauge and portable inflator pump / foot pump-wp_20140219_009.jpg
Always measure the air when the tyres are cold. The gauge is very accurate.
Tyre pressure gauge and portable inflator pump / foot pump-wp_20140219_006.jpg
deetjohn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th February 2014, 09:29   #319
Senior - BHPian
 
sagarpadaki's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Bengaluru
Posts: 2,527
Thanked: 1,135 Times
Default Re: Tyre pressure gauge and portable inflator pump / foot pump

Quote:
Originally Posted by deetjohn View Post
A bit delayed, but there you go!

Michelin gave a nice pouch to store the gauge in the car.
Looks good. Where did you purchase it from and the cost?
sagarpadaki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th February 2014, 10:54   #320
BHPian
 
Safety is Param's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: Cosmopolitan
Posts: 286
Thanked: 179 Times
Default Re: Tyre pressure gauge and portable inflator pump / foot pump

Quote:
Originally Posted by sagarpadaki View Post
Looks good. Where did you purchase it from and the cost?
If I recall correctly, he had ordered it from amazon.com

However, I no longer see the product listed there, though the Brand is available.

Here is an Indian link -

(Same Product) - http://www.junglee.com/Michelin-1227...words=accutire

(Same Brand, but different Product) - http://www.ebay.in/itm/Accutire-MS-4...ht_1693wt_1141

P.S. Junglee.com is a service provided by Amazon.

Last edited by Safety is Param : 19th February 2014 at 10:56.
Safety is Param is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 19th February 2014, 11:36   #321
BHPian
 
neel911's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 291
Thanked: 201 Times
Default Re: Tyre pressure gauge and portable inflator pump / foot pump

Quote:
Originally Posted by Safety is Param View Post
If I recall correctly, he had ordered it from amazon.com

However, I no longer see the product listed there, though the Brand is available.

Here is an Indian link -

(Same Product) - http://www.junglee.com/Michelin-1227...words=accutire

(Same Brand, but different Product) - http://www.ebay.in/itm/Accutire-MS-4...ht_1693wt_1141

P.S. Junglee.com is a service provided by Amazon.
It's pretty expensive and long term reliability of digital gauges is always questionable. I have analog gauge from Coido and the granularity given is very good to accurately check tyre pressure. It's a fraction of what the Michelin one costs.
neel911 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 19th February 2014, 11:51   #322
BHPian
 
Safety is Param's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: Cosmopolitan
Posts: 286
Thanked: 179 Times
Default Re: Tyre pressure gauge and portable inflator pump / foot pump

Quote:
Originally Posted by neel911 View Post
It's pretty expensive and long term reliability of digital gauges is always questionable. I have analog gauge from Coido and the granularity given is very good to accurately check tyre pressure. It's a fraction of what the Michelin one costs.
Personally, I am using the these products, and am satisfied with the performance of both -

http://www.snapdeal.com/product/auto...tric/852354518

http://dx.com/p/mini-portable-0-8-lc...5#.UwRLK_mSyO0

Umpteen times I have verified the tire pressure in Activa & the Sunny, and the results are pretty satisfactory.

I do trust the Nitrogen Pressure Gauge at the fuel bunks, but highly doubt the normal air pressure gauge there (Activa has air while Sunny has Nitrogen in the tires).

From the numerous posts on this thread the conclusion that I have come to -

1) Members have doubts regarding the accuracy of gauges at the fuel bunks, including me.

2) Members also have doubts on the digital pressure gauges available online.

At this moment I can't comment what device is accurate, because there is no benchmark against which it can be compared. Till then there will always be a difference of 2 to 3 PSI in the tires I think.

Couples of PSIs on the higher end shouldn't matter, I believe (only couple of PSIs though). I always go by the portion of the tyre in contact with the surface. It's not accurate, but then there is no clear picture on what's exactly accurate either!!

The Coido tire inflator that I use has an Analog Gauge. So, after filling air, I compare the readings of the digital and analogue gauges, and arrive at the reading that has the least difference.

Last edited by Safety is Param : 19th February 2014 at 11:54.
Safety is Param is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 19th February 2014, 11:57   #323
BHPian
 
neel911's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 291
Thanked: 201 Times
Default Re: Tyre pressure gauge and portable inflator pump / foot pump

Quote:
Originally Posted by Safety is Param View Post
Personally, I am using the these products, and am satisfied with the performance of both -

http://www.snapdeal.com/product/auto...tric/852354518

http://dx.com/p/mini-portable-0-8-lc...5#.UwRLK_mSyO0

Umpteen times I have verified the tire pressure in Activa & the Sunny, and the results are pretty satisfactory.

I do trust the Nitrogen Pressure Gauge at the fuel bunks, but highly doubt the normal air pressure gauge there (Activa has air while Sunny has Nitrogen in the tires).

From the numerous posts on this thread the conclusion that I have come to -

1) Members have doubts regarding the accuracy of gauges at the fuel bunks, including me.

2) Members also have doubts on the digital pressure gauges available online.

At this moment I can't comment what device is accurate, because there is no benchmark against which it can be compared. Till then there will always be a difference of 2 to 3 PSI in the tires I think.

Couples of PSIs on the higher end shouldn't matter, I believe (only couple of PSIs though). I always go by the portion of the tyre in contact with the surface. It's not accurate, but then there is no clear picture on what's exactly accurate either!!
I agree . I have also invested in air compressor and gauge and check air once every 2 weeks when the tyres are cold. I have since stopped going to petrol bunks for filling up air.

I use foll:
1) Air compressor (INR 1500): http://emporis.co.in/html/products_c...compressor.htm
This has analog gauge as well and matches with my other gauge so now I use the other gauge only if I feel air pressure is low between 2 weeks interval

2) Coido air pressure gauge (paid around INR 300 when I bought) : http://www.ebay.in/itm/100-Original-...-/181283310131
neel911 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 19th February 2014, 12:39   #324
Senior - BHPian
 
joybhowmik's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: New Delhi
Posts: 1,304
Thanked: 1,841 Times
Default Re: Tyre pressure gauge and portable inflator pump / foot pump

I have a generic inflator with an analog guage built in. I also carry a separate generic analog guage.Both of these have a precision of 2 psi.
I trust the separate analog guage more than the one attached to the inflator.

This is because, when the inflator is pumping air, it's guage's needle vibrates, thus making a reading difficult.
Once switched off, the tyre starts losing air through the inflator, there's no one-way valve mechanism inside the inflator to prevent that. So, even though the needle settles down on the guage, by that time the tyre has already lost some air and drops a psi or two.

What I normally do, is this. I fill air upto 2 psi above the rated pressure by looking at the inflators guage. This way, I am assured that there would always be more air than I require.
Then I quickly unscrew the inflator, and use the separate guage to fine tune the air pressure to the manufacturer recommended level.
joybhowmik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th February 2014, 22:41   #325
Distinguished - BHPian
 
deetjohn's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Kochi
Posts: 3,506
Thanked: 5,225 Times
Default Re: Tyre pressure gauge and portable inflator pump / foot pump

Quote:
Originally Posted by sagarpadaki View Post
Looks good. Where did you purchase it from and the cost?
The details were in my post on the previous page which I quoted. Picked up from Amazon for 22.5 USD. I had someone coming from US, so the shipping was free.
deetjohn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th February 2014, 18:34   #326
Senior - BHPian
 
parsh's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Bombay
Posts: 1,453
Thanked: 873 Times
Default Re: Tyre pressure gauge and portable inflator pump / foot pump

Bought this one from ebay recently, priced Rs 995/-

http://cgi.ebay.in/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?...m=251457172615

I had an ebay coupon and it worked out to a 7% discount.

The build quality looks really good and sturdy. The lower part housing the tools has steel casing and feels solid. The tools are nice to use, the cutter is really sharp. The torch is essentially as can be expected kind of look around tool in the darkness in and around car and would not term it as a replacement for a real torch, works on a AAA battery cell.

The main part, the digital tyre pressure gauge works on a CR2032 battery cell that comes already with it inside.

I was skeptical on accuracy of pressure reading. However, checked it against the Bridgestone pressure stick gauge at a nearby Bridgestone tyre dealer and I was surprised to see it match ditto. I am believing the Bridgestone pressure stick gauge is exact, it has ruler on the stick for pressure reading.

Name:  WP_20140221_10_30_55_Pro Custom.jpg
Views: 2104
Size:  34.6 KB

Name:  WP_20140221_10_31_29_Pro Custom.jpg
Views: 2111
Size:  34.2 KB

Name:  WP_20140221_10_32_41_Pro Custom.jpg
Views: 2162
Size:  31.3 KB

Name:  WP_20140221_10_33_42_Pro Custom.jpg
Views: 2119
Size:  32.6 KB

Name:  WP_20140221_10_34_19_Pro Custom.jpg
Views: 2103
Size:  22.0 KB

Name:  WP_20140221_10_38_58_Pro Custom.jpg
Views: 2102
Size:  28.0 KB

Name:  WP_20140221_10_43_09_Pro Custom.jpg
Views: 2094
Size:  35.6 KB
parsh is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 26th February 2014, 13:35   #327
BHPian
 
salbin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Bangalore, Kochi
Posts: 489
Thanked: 158 Times
Default Re: Replacing battery of 3 in 1 Solar Powered Digital Car & Bike Tire/Tyre Pressure G

Quote:
Originally Posted by myavu View Post
My 2.5 year old Digital Tyre Pressure Gauge http://www.ebay.in/itm/3-in-1-Solar-...item4ac7e651dd gone kaput last Saturday.
Ordered batteries from ebay.in http://www.ebay.in/itm/371003992308?...84.m1497.l2649
After a little DIY the Gauge is back.
Pictures are self explanatory.
Attachment 1209057
Attachment 1209058
Attachment 1209059
Attachment 1209060
Attachment 1209061
Attachment 1209062
Attachment 1209063
Attachment 1209064
Attachment 1209065
Note: Even with a single cell it was working
Cheers!
Vinu
Me too did it some time back
In my case, I just opened it for fun and assembled the things back.
It is 5 Years now and the item is still working.. What more to expect from a cheap Chinese stuff ?.
I had posted it some time back in this thread:
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/modifi...ml#post2613321 (Tyre pressure gauge and portable inflator pump / foot pump)
salbin is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 26th February 2014, 15:31   #328
BHPian
 
neel911's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 291
Thanked: 201 Times
Default Re: Tyre pressure gauge and portable inflator pump / foot pump

My coido tyre pressure gauge went bust today. I bought it like 3 months ago. Somehow, I always found it difficult to seal it on tyre valve system and at times would end up loosing 3-4 psi by the time it sealed properly. The last time, while pushing it into tyre valve system, my finger was on the push/hold button and from that point, it stopped holding the reading post checking pressure, making this device practically useless.

I'm not too keen on digital tyre pressure gauge unless its from a reputed company but then it is pretty expensive to buy one of those in India.

Can anyone recommend me an alternate to Coido gauge? I'm looking for a good quality analog gauge but with one which is easier to seal on tyre valve.

I came across this on ebay. Is this a well known brand? :
http://www.ebay.in/itm/100-Original-...item258a2ad132

Last edited by neel911 : 26th February 2014 at 15:33.
neel911 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd March 2014, 14:31   #329
BHPian
 
neel911's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 291
Thanked: 201 Times
Default Re: Tyre pressure gauge and portable inflator pump / foot pump

Quote:
Originally Posted by neel911 View Post
My coido tyre pressure gauge went bust today. I bought it like 3 months ago. Somehow, I always found it difficult to seal it on tyre valve system and at times would end up loosing 3-4 psi by the time it sealed properly. The last time, while pushing it into tyre valve system, my finger was on the push/hold button and from that point, it stopped holding the reading post checking pressure, making this device practically useless.

I'm not too keen on digital tyre pressure gauge unless its from a reputed company but then it is pretty expensive to buy one of those in India.

Can anyone recommend me an alternate to Coido gauge? I'm looking for a good quality analog gauge but with one which is easier to seal on tyre valve.

I came across this on ebay. Is this a well known brand? :
http://www.ebay.in/itm/100-Original-...item258a2ad132

I ordered the above item and received it yesterday. I found the finish/quality of this much better than Coido. It feels more solid and the most important thing is that it seals really well with the tyre valve. I checked on all 4 tyres and I was able to seal it immediately.
neel911 is online now   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 8th March 2014, 12:27   #330
Senior - BHPian
 
parsh's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Bombay
Posts: 1,453
Thanked: 873 Times
Default Re: Tyre pressure gauge and portable inflator pump / foot pump

I had bought the LIMI DTI a year back, pretty costly at that but looked good, http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/modifi...ml#post3005392 (Tyre pressure gauge and portable inflator pump / foot pump). A few of us have bought too. However, it malfunctioned within half an year with not much usage and much precious care, strictly following instructions. Has anybody else experienced any sort of malfunctioning of LIMI DTI yet?
parsh is online now   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Issue: Driver's foot (Accelerator foot) over a long drive joybhowmik Street Experiences 52 10th January 2015 22:15
Review: Coido 6222 12v Tyre Pressure Pump & Gauge abhi182 Modifications & Accessories 5 10th July 2014 17:10
Tyre pressure gauge vina Tyre & Alloy wheel Section 1 16th June 2011 02:25
Digital/Analogue Tyre Pressure Gauge - Which one to buy ? mithun Tyre & Alloy wheel Section 15 19th February 2009 14:47


All times are GMT +5.5. The time now is 16:15.

Copyright 2000 - 2016, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks