Go Back   Team-BHP > Under the Hood > Modifications & Accessories

Old 7th August 2017, 11:12   #646

Default Re: Tyre pressure gauge and portable inflator pump / foot pump

Quote:
Originally Posted by sukiwa View Post
Please buy floor pump used for road cycles. Depending on valve (Presta/Shrader) used in wheelchair, get valve adapter as well if needed.
Oh, interesting! This looks like exactly what I need. Mine's a Schrader valve. Thanks a lot!
StringerBell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th August 2017, 12:07   #647
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by StringerBell View Post
So my question is:
  1. Are Coido/Windek capable of filling up to 145 PSI? I have never seen any review/video of them being used up to such high PSIs
  2. Is there any cheaper AC to 12V DC adapter I can buy to use the pump with wall sockets? Power sockets in our house are rated 15Amps, so if there's a converter which can return up to 15 Amps 12V DC, it should work I suppose.
None of of the air compressor used for Car tires can be used to fill up to 145 PSI. Practically, Max up to 40-45 PSI is what they are designed for.

If any of the compressor has to fill up to 145 PSI, then the motor should have the capacity to fill at least 2 times i.e., 290 PSI within its tank. This is possible only if the motor has the large power rating to compress the air in the tank in spite of its increasing pressure.

if operating voltage is 12 V, then current rating has to be very very high which car battery won't be able to supply.

So, theoretically, it is not possible with car tire inflators
gkveda is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 11th August 2017, 12:13   #648
BHPian

Infractions: 0/1 (5)

Bergmann Typhoon Car Tyre Inflator is on lightning deal for next 3hrs for Rs. 1418 (~300 reduced from regular price) if anyone is interested. I just placed order for one.
Yieldway17 is offline   Reply With Quote