Go Back   Team-BHP > Under the Hood > Modifications & Accessories


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 27th January 2009, 22:27   #406
Team-BHP Support
 
benbsb29's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Brisbane
Posts: 8,025
Thanked: 3,483 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by nim_peter View Post
Hello Everyone, I have a new query regarding the rear window in Palio. It comes half down and stops, I think it's some safety feature in Palio. Can something be done to bring it all the way down? I'm getting lot of complaints from my rear passengers
The reason the rear window glass cant be completely rolled down is because the curve of the wheel arches would come in its way. The main reason behind this is the absence of a rear quarter glass. If it had a rear quarter glass, it would result in a rectangular glass window which can be rolled down completely.

There isnt much you can do about this.
benbsb29 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th January 2009, 22:29   #407
BANNED
 
hellspawn's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: noida
Posts: 1,686
Thanked: 6 Times
Infractions: 0/1 (10)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by nim_peter View Post
Hello Everyone, I have a new query regarding the rear window in Palio. It comes half down and stops, I think it's some safety feature in Palio. Can something be done to bring it all the way down? I'm getting lot of complaints from my rear passengers
Nothing can be done to change that.More than a safety feature,it is also due to the fact that the palio doesnt have a rear quarter glass and hence,the design dictates that the rear window cant be lowered completely.
hellspawn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th January 2009, 18:00   #408
BHPian
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Pune
Posts: 300
Thanked: 130 Times
Default tyre mod for palio stile 1.1

Have a question on tyre mod for palio stile 1.1.

Stock tyre size of palio stile1.1 is 165/80 R13.
Corrct upsize is 175/75 R13 or 185/70 R13
Since I want to go with Michelin XM1, the size 175/75 R13 is not available with Michelin, so need to go to 185/70 R13.

Can somebody tell will 185/70 R13 would be too much for underpowered stile1.1? Will it decrease the comfort factor by any chance?
sups is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31st January 2009, 20:59   #409
BHPian
 
michael schume's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: MH 01 i.e.BOMBAY not mumbai
Posts: 171
Thanked: Once
Default

I have seen a few cars with 195s and 205s too.
I prefer the 195s coz my 1.6 came with 175/60R14.
michael schume is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th February 2009, 14:41   #410
ACE
Newbie
 
ACE's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: mumbai
Posts: 2
Thanked: 0 Times
Default Oversize Pistons!

Hey guys! I'm not really an avid user of this form but all i can say is that this is by far one of the best forum i've been on! Anyways.. Y i'm here is that i own a Fiat Palio 1.6gtx with stage 2 mods and i'm currently in desperate need of 2nd oversize pistons for the same. By second oversize what i mean is upto 1800cc. I have left no stone unturn in searching for the pistons and because of the odd 78mm stroke, i'm not able to find the right set!
If anybody has done this engine mod before or has any faintest of idea of where could i get these pistons, anywhere in mumbai, bangalore or for that matter in India , please do post...
<<ACE>>
ACE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th February 2009, 18:15   #411
BHPian
 
diven_b's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: mumbai
Posts: 213
Thanked: 0 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ACE View Post
Hey guys! I'm not really an avid user of this form but all i can say is that this is by far one of the best forum i've been on! Anyways.. Y i'm here is that i own a Fiat Palio 1.6gtx with stage 2 mods and i'm currently in desperate need of 2nd oversize pistons for the same. By second oversize what i mean is upto 1800cc. I have left no stone unturn in searching for the pistons and because of the odd 78mm stroke, i'm not able to find the right set!
If anybody has done this engine mod before or has any faintest of idea of where could i get these pistons, anywhere in mumbai, bangalore or for that matter in India , please do post...
<<ACE>>
hey,my friend is doing exactly the same with his palio.He is using 86 mm pistons.He bought it from Opera house many months ago.
But let me tell you this..its not at all a easy mod at all....you really need to know what you are doing.
his car's bottom half is being assembled as we speak.
By the way...who is doing the mod for you?
diven_b is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th February 2009, 18:40   #412
ACE
Newbie
 
ACE's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: mumbai
Posts: 2
Thanked: 0 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by diven_b View Post
hey,my friend is doing exactly the same with his palio.He is using 86 mm pistons.He bought it from Opera house many months ago.
But let me tell you this..its not at all a easy mod at all....you really need to know what you are doing.
his car's bottom half is being assembled as we speak.
By the way...who is doing the mod for you?
Hey man! u have just come in as an angel for me! I understand that it is a difficult mod and is not reliable at all! My engine is currently opened up at Rangit's garage, AR Motorsports.. If u could just help me as in from where he picked up these pistons from in opera house or better still if i get to talk to him personally it would be of great help!!
Thank u..
Please do reply!
ACE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st February 2009, 09:55   #413
Senior - BHPian
 
lohithrao's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Kudla/Mangaluru
Posts: 3,125
Thanked: 163 Times
Default

Ace i think it makses sense you contact Viper"Jignesh Bhai" am sure he would be able to help you "9821421948"

Also you can cantact "Sanjay" from Race dynamics, Bangalore -9945502608



Quote:
Originally Posted by ACE View Post
Hey man! u have just come in as an angel for me! I understand that it is a difficult mod and is not reliable at all! My engine is currently opened up at Rangit's garage, AR Motorsports.. If u could just help me as in from where he picked up these pistons from in opera house or better still if i get to talk to him personally it would be of great help!!
Thank u..
Please do reply!
lohithrao is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th April 2009, 15:48   #414
BHPian
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 29
Thanked: 0 Times
Default

hmm... this forum looks dead for a few months now...

coupla questions:

any idea about the difference between the regular k&n conical filter and the k&n filter charger?

any 16" wheels on palios?
guns666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th April 2009, 17:21   #415
Newbie
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Mumbai
Posts: 10
Thanked: 0 Times
Default

Can Someome in mumbai turbocharge fiat palio 1.6 GTX
Also looking forward to below listed mods..!

1.> Turbocharger
2.> High lift cams
3.> Light weight Rims and Race tyres
4.> MSD ignition system.
5.> Race ECU iguess thats Race dynamics
6.> Head porting and polishing
7.> Throtel body enlargement..!
8.> racing Forged pistons
9.> Crankshaft mods if any
10.> short shifter
11.> Exedy clutch
12.> Level 3 Weight reduction
13.> NOS (fogger if possible)
14.> Autogauge meters and interior work
15.> racing seats
16.> Stiff suspentions
17.> Sway bars (front and rear) and struct brace
18.> 4 way disc conversion
19.> Roll cage and harness
20.> high performance Exhaust with headers
dj_zishaan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th April 2009, 17:45   #416
BANNED
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: London
Posts: 5,012
Thanked: 147 Times
Default

MY GOD!! That is a Huge list of Mods!! Such a car could only mean a Full Fledged Track/Drag Car.
Cyrus43 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th April 2009, 09:26   #417
BHPian
 
16v100bhp's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Middletown CT USA
Posts: 329
Thanked: 10 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by dj_zishaan View Post
Can Someome in mumbai turbocharge fiat palio 1.6 GTX
Also looking forward to below listed mods..!

1.> Turbocharger
2.> High lift cams
3.> Light weight Rims and Race tyres
4.> MSD ignition system.
5.> Race ECU iguess thats Race dynamics
6.> Head porting and polishing
7.> Throtel body enlargement..!
8.> racing Forged pistons
9.> Crankshaft mods if any
10.> short shifter
11.> Exedy clutch
12.> Level 3 Weight reduction
13.> NOS (fogger if possible)
14.> Autogauge meters and interior work
15.> racing seats
16.> Stiff suspentions
17.> Sway bars (front and rear) and struct brace
18.> 4 way disc conversion
19.> Roll cage and harness
20.> high performance Exhaust with headers
Thats one of a kind for the first post on the forum.. Welcome to Team BHP!! Most of the list above is do'able. All the best on finding the right tuner!
16v100bhp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th April 2009, 00:32   #418
Newbie
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Mumbai
Posts: 10
Thanked: 0 Times
Default

Someone please direct me to a good Tuner in mumbai who can install a turbo in Palio 1.6
Currently I am running with :

1.> FFE by Automech
2.> Pipercross venom - Cold Air Intake.
3.> NGK iridium Spark plugs
4.> Polished but not ported Head
5.> Ows Racing oil

Guys I am real serious for the Above mentioned Mods...!
I dont mind if I have to drive my car to banglore and get the work done
My real consern is the TURBO cause the engine bay in 1.6 is cramped up...

Experts Of "Team BHP" Please direct me to a Good tuner who knows what he is doing...!
dj_zishaan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th April 2009, 21:55   #419
BHPian
 
michael schume's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: MH 01 i.e.BOMBAY not mumbai
Posts: 171
Thanked: Once
Default

If my guess is right the one that you got the above mentioned stuff from is a pretty good one.
michael schume is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th April 2009, 22:22   #420
BANNED
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: London
Posts: 5,012
Thanked: 147 Times
Default

vARUN, When are you putting up pics of your new DIY mod??
Cyrus43 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Swift Mods : Post all queries / pics of Swift Modifications here. blindrage Modifications & Accessories 2263 11th December 2017 07:45
Formal dressing and tailoring for all occassions (EDIT: Put all your queries here) manaa45 Shifting gears 77 13th November 2017 11:47
The Guitar Thread - Post all Queries,tabs and info here TributE Shifting gears 78 16th December 2016 15:30
Leh and Ladakh - Trip Planning - All queries go here Abhiknov Route / Travel Queries 943 31st May 2013 11:03
All Alto Mods Queries & Pics kaush666 Modifications & Accessories 1 29th May 2008 09:54


All times are GMT +5.5. The time now is 16:53.

Copyright 2000 - 2017, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks