Go Back   Team-BHP > Under the Hood > Modifications & Accessories

Old 24th April 2007, 11:06   #1
Default ZEN 99 - Looks & minor performance upgrade

Hi BHPians,Kindly Advice,

I am planning to do minor modifications to my 99 DEC model Carb Zen(47000km).As Selling it is not fetching value and buying a new small car isnt pleasing me much.

Firstly i would like to change its looks(paint job),currently its colour is PRed(mettalic red not the bright one.)

I want to have a good quality paint job, something like which starts silver in the front and merges to mettalic black towards the B pillar.and the black may have green 010101 vertically like in the matrix screen saver(just an idea).

Kindly advice about the paint that would look good in my zen.
HOW MUCH? i dont want to spend more than 30k on it...!
Tyres are new but stock 145/70 R13 will change them later, but planning to have chrome alloys.
HOW MUCH? i think i can get it for 15K
K&N & Free flow:
I dont want to Compromise on milege, bcos alrdy i get only 10.5 with AC in city.a little increase in pck up will do for now.
K&N air filter which model? how much?
Free flow exaust: How much?(do we need to change from headers)
(will these two be done for 10000)
Esteem engine(sometime Later)
Esteem carb engine is 65 bhp, this is the similar capacity that comes in wagon r and santro and many small cars.will it make
a good diffrence in zens engine bay.i have driven wagon r but i love my 50bhp zen engine(although 50 bhp with ac struggles).
How much ? what is the mil that i may get after i put esteem engine in zen?
i have alrdy fitted it with a pioneer Dolphin display(dont remember the model) head unit, JBl 1000wats sub, sony 4 channel
amp(costs 28000). will send snaps soon.
Waiting for all your advices.

Last edited by adya33 : 24th April 2007 at 13:49.
krish82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th April 2007, 17:46   #2

PAINT JOB: a good quality paint job 1ill not cost u more then 20k. i got my zen repainted white colour for 10k which also includes some small dents removed black colour will suit nicely for zen ..but it has some draw backs its a headach to maintain black and it may also get faded after some days if the paint quality is not nice..

WHEEL AND ALLOYES: 13 inch alloyes will cost u 12k and go for 155/60/r13 thats a good upsize for zen any thing more then that will foul with the body

K & N FILTER: go for universal filter that may cost u 7000/-
zenopio is offline   Reply With Quote