Go Back   Team-BHP > Under the Hood > Modifications & Accessories

Old 24th April 2007, 12:52   #1
BHPian

Default Gsport Upholestry-Hotter than before

Folks,
I changed the upholestry of my PLAIO to Gsports leather,and the result I cant even think of getting inside the car without the AC on.Infact its very hot inside the car after this upgrade in upholestry and literally melting.Does any one else here face teh same problem.Is that the problem with artificail leather or ,does the pure leather also gives the same problem..???
Help!!! Iam melting
roopakr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th April 2007, 13:49   #2
Team-BHP Support

Dont know about your version of G-Sport, but I found a nice set of seats done with a custom logo on a BHPians car. The feel of the seats was very nice.

A simple solution will be to avoid parking under direct sunlight.
moralfibre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th April 2007, 14:01   #3
BHPian

Ask Hydrashok. He has Stanley Black Leather seats (They look awesome) in his palio. All I know is that getting Artificial leather or leather as a matter of fact doesnt make sense if the temperature outside goes above 35 degrees.
rishibravo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th April 2007, 14:45   #4
BHPian

Yes I noticed hydrshoks stanley seats in one of his album pics..That looks awesome.Mine is also almost a same colour combo.I have never felt its neither appealing nor comfortable...The only problem is the interior of the got more hotter after this.Even if the car is parked in shed,its hard to be inside without AC.
Old 24th April 2007, 15:25   #5
Senior - BHPian

Switching to leather or art leather means you will have to:
1) Get tints, if you don't have them yet (they will protect the seats from fading, and reduce the heat-build-up effect when you park for short periods.).
2) Use the AC all the time, esp. in summer. You should be doing this anyway, to keep the interior clean. (I can't stand dust, and I can't spend too much time cleaning the interior either. And I need to protect the equipment in the car. So 100% AC for me anyway).
3) Be careful where you park -- as much as possible avoid parking in the direct sun.

The seats do get hot if you park them in the sun. But then they do cool off (get normal) as fast.

But I have not felt that the interior gets heated up more with the art leather seats. You're probably still used to the way the fabric seats cool off fast. And Art. Leather does not absorb sweat like fabric, so you do tend to sweat a bit till the cooling of the AC kicks in. That makes you feel the car is hotter I guess.

Frankly, fabric seats are more comfy, but well they are not as stylish, heh heh.

Thanks for the nice comments about the seats, folks They will make me feel better when I sweat & slog every Sunday, getting them clean.
hydrashok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th April 2007, 16:01   #6
BHPian

HA ha ...at the bottom you ended up saying fabric seats are more comfortable,exactly what I was thinking....But the urge for style is wat we are for...heeh, for the same reason did i changed my upholestry.But @ times feel ...whether let me cover all my seats with towel .LOL
And how much did u shed for that stylish stanley.
Old 24th April 2007, 16:44   #7
Senior - BHPian

Well fabric rules as far as the sweat absorption thing goes. Else, these (art. leather) are more grippy, more firm and more supportive (there is a bit of additional foam that comes with the inner lining of the seat covers that really makes a difference. And in a way these are easier to clean too (if you keep cleaning them regularly).

Genuine Leather would have solved the sweat absorption thing, but investing in leather upholstery makes sense only immediately after you buy the car, so you get to enjoy the benefits the longest. Else, late into the car's life with you, investment in leather does not work out well (it will not make much difference in resale value when you sell the car).

I spent under 14K for the seats, door pads and misc other trim. Don't remember exact split now.
hydrashok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th April 2007, 16:49   #8
Senior - BHPian

roopakr,
why don't you get a sunshade for your windsheild?
lamborghini is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th April 2007, 17:54   #9
BHPian

@lamborghini
sunshade ?? the sunfilm on the front windshield top you mean..?
If yes...how did u manage to find out thats not there in my car.I dont think u can find any pic of my car in the forum.
Old 25th April 2007, 11:23   #10
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by roopakr View Post
@lamborghini
sunshade ?? the sunfilm on the front windshield top you mean..?
If yes...how did u manage to find out thats not there in my car.I dont think u can find any pic of my car in the forum.
Dude, I think lambo does mean front windscreen sunfilim...

Check this link for further info

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/modifi...unfilm-22.html (Front windscreen sunfilm?)
Knight Rider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th April 2007, 11:35   #11
Senior - BHPian

You can get a sun shade also which could be used while you park
srishiva is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th April 2007, 16:57   #12
BHPian

yeah @srishiva I have that,but i dont use it very often..
Old 25th April 2007, 21:09   #13
BHPian

get a sunshade AND a tinted windscreen...that should do it..
nitroxx is offline   Reply With Quote