Go Back   Team-BHP > Under the Hood > Modifications & Accessories

Old 15th August 2012, 23:21   #61
BHPian

Default Re: Military Green not allowed for private vehicles?

i have heard 'police blue' also prohibited. but we can see many such vehicles on road
vipinmohan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th August 2012, 19:16   #62
BHPian

I am planning to repaint my black enfield to desert storm colour. Guys with knowledge kindly inform about the procedure. Do I get it painted first and then get it endorsed?
drsingh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th August 2013, 16:04   #63
BHPian

I have decided to purchase a used Gypsy which I will use as my daily drive as well as for OTR events. Can experts please tell me if this color is legally permissible?

The guy who is selling it says it has been in this shade for the last 1 year or so and has not had any issues with cops but I am still a little skeptical. It is a shade of green in matt finish. Will I need to repaint?
Attached Images

vroom666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th August 2013, 16:14   #64
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vroom666 View Post
I have decided to purchase a used Gypsy which I will use as my daily drive as well as for OTR events. Can experts please tell me if this color is legally permissible?

The guy who is selling it says it has been in this shade for the last 1 year or so and has not had any issues with cops but I am still a little skeptical. It is a shade of green in matt finish. Will I need to repaint?
LEGALLY - it is not allowed. But I am having my Jeep in a similar shade and so far I have not been stopped for anything *knock on wood*

But you (and I) could get into trouble if the vehicle has to go for an FC. Mine isn't due until 2015.
Shubz is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 26th August 2013, 16:47   #65
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shubz View Post
... But you (and I) could get into trouble if the vehicle has to go for an FC. Mine isn't due until 2015.
Thanks Shubz. This one's not due till Dec 2014 so should be ok till then (fingers crossed / touch wood etc etc. )
vroom666 is offline   Reply With Quote