Go Back   Team-BHP > Under the Hood > Modifications & Accessories

Old 3rd May 2007, 15:49   #46
Senior - BHPian

Awesome looking Ride dude - especially the understatedness. Sweet. And I love the alloys too - they REALLY compliment the looks of the car.

OT:
With so many options available, you lucky blokes down West and South get to have all the fun :(
manveet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd May 2007, 15:54   #47
Senior - BHPian

Question

The Vtec is my only non-black car. But somehow, I feel the colour is perfect. And not so common.

Hi

Is this the stock paint COLOR ?? I do remember seeing OHC's in this dark grey metallic.....it looks really good infact my favourite color except you don't see many of them around...
Ricky_63 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd May 2007, 16:02   #48
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sideways View Post
With regards to the brakes, I think the kits you get form abroad are pretty straight forward and dont involve too much of modification drama. I can find out and let you know if you are interested. Better still, you can talk to Jitu. I know his stuff is high end but you will atleast get an idea of how much work is involved.
hi farhan,
yes i have installed rear disc brakes in my city (there's a pic in garage) & its still under testing phase actually i am not too happy with braking all the braking force has shifted to rear she holds tight though in rear but it has effected front brakes i believe the brake bias need to be adjusted which wont be easy now when you break hard in medium speed the car doesnt stop immideately & rear locks up theres notmuch of braking on front tyres where power is delivered, imo my stock setup was far far better in terms of braking.
once my setup is complete & if iam satisfied, i will post with results mean time he can continue using his stock setup
btw theres an option for Wilwood big brake kits for OHC which will work wonders on braking.

So GTO when do i get to test drive???

Last edited by Ford Rocam : 3rd May 2007 at 16:10.
Ford Rocam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd May 2007, 16:11   #49
Team-BHP Support

One question about the rear discs for the OHC. Are they really needed if you don't plan on heading to the track? Being a light car with, I would guess, about 70-80% of it's weight upfront when standing still, the rears would not contribute a whole lot to the actual stopping distance taking into account the weight transfer to the front during braking.

Larger front brakes, maybe cross drilled, with good brake pads would be more than sufficient I would think. The only real advantage provided by rear discs would be better heat dissipation and feel (?) right? The heat dissipation is great if you plan on doing a lot of track days, but for regular street use, with the occasional blast on a deserted road, would they be of any real benefit
Rtech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd May 2007, 17:17   #50
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Rains are around the corner, otherwise i would have suggested a CAI. You will be amazed at the difference it makes, especially with the VTEC.
Speaking of CAI, is there any place you can guide me to for a heat shield? Right now, that K&N must be sucking in insane amounts of hot air.

Quote:
Is this the stock paint COLOR ??
Yup, Honda introduced this toward the final production cycle of the OHC.

Quote:
So GTO when do i get to test drive???
Offers still open, man. Call anytime you are around churchgate.

Quote:
One question about the rear discs for the OHC. Are they really needed if you don't plan on heading to the track? Being a light car with, I would guess, about 70-80% of it's weight upfront when standing still,
Yup, to be honest the stock braking is pretty good. What would help matters is ABS!

Quote:
Larger front brakes, maybe cross drilled, with good brake pads would be more than sufficient I would think.
Interesting suggestion. Does anyone have info on good performance brake pads for the Vtec?
GTO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd May 2007, 17:19   #51
Team-BHP Support

Have to agree with Rtech for the City a better/bigger front disc (since GTO has 16 inch can be accommodated also) and maybe a bigger booster is a better option than going all 4 disc set-up.

Again lock ups will be an issue with such a light car which might not do justice to better braking.

@GTO hope you have serviced your current brake set up and is working at its best, coz Vtecs always had a great set of brakes, over servoed one at it.
Jaggu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd May 2007, 22:27   #52
Senior - BHPian

Nice upgrades. Must be a lot more point-and-shooty than before.

Just one question though: why didn't you go for Advan Neovas?
v1p3r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd May 2007, 23:15   #53
Team-BHP Support

From what i've gathered from all your posts till date, this is excatly what you have always wanted, good thing you have it all now.
Btw, you could tint her up again, the old ones are starting to begin to show age. Lookup the Lumar catalogue for that.

manson.
manson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th May 2007, 00:13   #54
BHPian

I sweet looking OHC i must say..Hats Off GTO..& yes those yummy alloys..

Niki
nikibusa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th May 2007, 09:05   #55
aZa
Senior - BHPian

Awesome work GTO! 16" rims seems to be just purrfect for the OHC. SS headers look amazing
aZa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th May 2007, 09:41   #56
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
@GTO hope you have serviced your current brake set up and is working at its best, coz Vtecs always had a great set of brakes, over servoed one at it.
Jaggu, almost through with my second set of brake pads. They should have about 40% life left in them; good for a handful of months. Agree with you that stock Vtec braking and feel is pretty good too.

Quote:
Just one question though: why didn't you go for Advan Neovas?
Upgraded to 16 inchers on a basic suspension. Ride quality was also equally important and I found that ES100s ride a lot better than the extreme Neovas.

Quote:
Btw, you could tint her up again, the old ones are starting to begin to show age. Lookup the Lumar catalogue for that.
Manson, the tints have actually been changed. What you see are the recently installed ones.
GTO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th May 2007, 13:53   #57
Team-BHP Support

The first picture carried a slight blue tinge in the tints, hence i thought they looked kind old. Your pictures make me wanna get my honda a coat of paint man!!

manson.

EDIT: maybe thats the colours from the sky

Last edited by manson : 4th May 2007 at 14:02.
manson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th May 2007, 14:15   #58
Senior - BHPian

GTO, congrats, she's looking really good; just the right kind of mods if I may say so, not overstated and the paint job is excellent too.

Samurai, my personal opinion - the OHC always did look better.......
suman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th May 2007, 15:35   #59
BANNED

Hi GTO your car looks great. Just one thing why did you swap the original Enkei vtec alloys for taiwanese make? They look good but I have experienced that they are not meant for high performance.
speedweednitro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th May 2007, 16:43   #60
Senior - BHPian

the car luks neat... but i personally don't like spoilers on citys.. rest luks perfect!!!!!!!!
chiragh_bir is offline   Reply With Quote Received Infraction