Go Back   Team-BHP > Under the Hood > Modifications & Accessories

Old 16th August 2008, 22:57   #16

Has any one replaced the VDI's fog lamps with projectors. I cold think of projectors from Plusar 220 fitting in that slot, has any one done it yet.
sameer_dg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th August 2008, 23:28   #17

Originally Posted by nikunj_cal View Post
Hi guys, I thought staring a separate thread in this section here would be more helpful. I have booked a swift Ldi and my dealer has promised me delivery within 1 week (Vdi has a minimum wait for 2 months) . Anyways I wanted to add all four power windows , central locking and fog lamps to my car .
One of the local car decor showrooms quoted me 19K in total. The power windows and Central lock would be of brand Xenos and will come with a three year warranty which makes it particularly attractive and fog lamps would be MGA .
I also had a talk with my Maruti Dealer who quoted 12.5 K with one year warranty for power windows ( Nippon Brand i think but not MGA ) and 6 .5 k for only front power windows .
However i have heard that after market installs are not as smooth as factory fits and may cause problems. Given the offer do i go for Xenos ???
Nikunj, I was in a similar position some time back! Here is the link to my report. I avoided getting the job done at the MUL service center since their prices were unreasonable.

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/test-d...io-1-2-nv.html (Family battle: Swift 1.3D v/s Palio 1.2 NV)

sushanthr77 is offline   Reply With Quote