Go Back   Team-BHP > Under the Hood > Modifications & Accessories

Old 5th May 2007, 17:59   #1
BHPian

Default Swift Ldi - Power Windows, Central Lock , Fog Lamps- Pls help

Hi guys, I thought staring a separate thread in this section here would be more helpful. I have booked a swift Ldi and my dealer has promised me delivery within 1 week (Vdi has a minimum wait for 2 months) . Anyways I wanted to add all four power windows , central locking and fog lamps to my car .
One of the local car decor showrooms quoted me 19K in total. The power windows and Central lock would be of brand Xenos and will come with a three year warranty which makes it particularly attractive and fog lamps would be MGA .
I also had a talk with my Maruti Dealer who quoted 12.5 K with one year warranty for power windows ( Nippon Brand i think but not MGA ) and 6 .5 k for only front power windows .
However i have heard that after market installs are not as smooth as factory fits and may cause problems. Given the offer do i go for Xenos ???
nikunj_cal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th May 2007, 18:02   #2
Team-BHP Support

if installed proper both will work fine, BUT would recommend MGA and dealer fitment for lesser headache and for warranty.
Jaggu is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 5th May 2007, 18:14   #3
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaggu View Post
if installed proper both will work fine, BUT would recommend MGA and dealer fitment for lesser headache and for warranty.

Actually i clarified that what my local car decor shop here , have heard he does a decent job . I clarified with him that if any wires get cut then my warranty is screwed . He has assured me personally that he will not let that happen .
Maruti Dealer warranty is only one year ! I think it is only after ur car is 2 -2.5 years old does the power windows start acting up !!
Hey jaggu how is your Swift Diesel running and what are your F.E figures now ???
Old 7th May 2007, 20:02   #4
BHPian

Hey guys , pls help me out here!!
Old 7th May 2007, 22:02   #5
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by nikunj_cal View Post
I also had a talk with my Maruti Dealer who quoted 12.5 K with one year warranty for power windows ( Nippon Brand i think but not MGA ) and 6 .5 k for only front power windows .

However i have heard that after market installs are not as smooth as factory fits and may cause problems. Given the offer do i go for Xenos ???
Nippon is MGA. And Xenos is a good alternative to Autocop - the market leader. And getting this fitted outside is always a more cost-effective solution. Any accessory inside a company dealership costs, on average, 25-30% more than the actual prevailing market rates. And your warranty is not going to get voided if you get this system fitted outside - if the dealership has told you this its clear scaremongering.
theMAG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th May 2007, 00:45   #6
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by theMAG View Post
Nippon is MGA. And Xenos is a good alternative to Autocop - the market leader.
To the best of my knowledge, Nippon does not make power window kits. It must be RD kits that MUL is selling. Can be Xenos as well. For 12K, Xenos is good. Get a upmodule intergrated to your security system for the same price. Xenos has only 1 year company warranty.

Last edited by mail4ajo : 8th May 2007 at 00:49.
mail4ajo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th May 2007, 17:08   #7
BHPian

Quote:
Nippon is MGA. And Xenos is a good alternative to Autocop - the market leader. And getting this fitted outside is always a more cost-effective solution. Any accessory inside a company dealership costs, on average, 25-30% more than the actual prevailing market rates. And your warranty is not going to get voided if you get this system fitted outside - if the dealership has told you this its clear scaremongering.
Hi mag , i just clarified , it is not nippon but autocop terminator power windows.He said that if I am willing to wait then they may get MGA for LDI version , and i get it fitted then but gain he said that is not going to happen anytime in the near future. He also said that until and unless the outside fellow cuts off the wires there will be no issue with my car electric warranty .

But guys do i go for after market power windows at all ???
Old 8th May 2007, 17:12   #8
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mail4ajo View Post
To the best of my knowledge, Nippon does not make power window kits. It must be RD kits that MUL is selling. Can be Xenos as well. For 12K, Xenos is good. Get a upmodule intergrated to your security system for the same price. Xenos has only 1 year company warranty.
What do you mean by "Upmodule" ??
Old 8th May 2007, 17:16   #9
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mail4ajo View Post
Xenos has only 1 year company warranty.
are you sure about this.. have got Xenos in my car... it says its a lifetime warranty..
deepak_ms is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th May 2007, 17:20   #10
BHPian

Quote:
Any accessory inside a company dealership costs, on average, 25-30% more than the actual prevailing market rates.
i enquired about about fog light in showroom they told it will cost me around 5k .. but outside the cost of fog light is in between 600 to 2k..
deepak_ms is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th May 2007, 17:21   #11
BHPian

I would suggest MGA because the warranty will not be void which might, in case you use after market accessories.
Also i have seen that after market power windows are not so smooth like the stock ones.
abhilashvk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th May 2007, 07:09   #12
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by deepak_ms View Post
are you sure about this.. have got Xenos in my car... it says its a lifetime warranty..
You may have the music system or the security system with life warranty. Even their website says 1 year on Power windows kits.
Convenience Product Range Power Window

Quote:
What do you mean by "Upmodule" ??
Its a small device used to connect the security system and the power windows. When you lock, the windows are also rolled up incase its open. Convienent device.
Old 9th May 2007, 07:12   #13
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by abhilashvk View Post
Also i have seen that after market power windows are not so smooth like the stock ones.
There is nothing like MGA is the best. MUL doesnt make any accessory. It tests and certify and offer warranty because they are sure of the quality. FYI, MGA power window are RD or Xenos.

I know many dealers who sell non MGA accessories as MGA and offer warranty as the product is decent and will definately overlive the warranty period.
Old 9th May 2007, 11:06   #14
BHPian

Hmm , i again had a talk with my dealer yesterday , he is telling me to wait for 3 to 4 months and then get the power windows done , he also said that by that time the MGA power windows will be available . My concern here is to get everything done at the same time so that i dont need to reopen my doors once for the music system and then again for the power windows fitment . Reopening the doors everytime may again lead to ratting etc coming from the doors :-( !!

@mail4ajo - my dealer is selling me the power windows as NON MGA but with one year warranty , do i still go for it ??
Old 9th May 2007, 18:42   #15
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
@mail4ajo - my dealer is selling me the power windows as NON MGA but with one year warranty , do i still go for it ??
If the dealer can offer one year warranty like everyone can, I suggest you go for it. A MUL dealer would be more responsible and dependable than a local accessory shop.