Go Back   Team-BHP > Under the Hood > Modifications & Accessories


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 28th June 2007, 02:20   #76
Senior - BHPian
 
iraghava's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Bhaiyyaland
Posts: 8,028
Thanked: 153 Times
Default

So, finally when I went to pick her up on Monday here's how she looked all polished & ready!

















We did encounter a problem with the rear shocks on Monday since the shocks fitted were too long & were touching the rear mounting plate & creating a sound. Initially when it could not be accurately traced where the sounds was coming from, this mechanic (already in the boot in the pic) got into the boot and closed it shut and asked me to drive him around so that he could find out where the sound was coming from!



P.S. Too many pictures I know! Costs, full list of work done etc, coming up tomorrow!
iraghava is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th June 2007, 02:28   #77
Senior - BHPian
 
manikjeet's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: chandigarh
Posts: 1,606
Thanked: 109 Times
Default

arre bhai your car looks brand new
manikjeet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th June 2007, 08:05   #78
Distinguished - BHPian
 
CrAzY dRiVeR's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Bangalore / TVM
Posts: 8,943
Thanked: 16,618 Times
Default

WOW!

The car looks awesome!
CrAzY dRiVeR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th June 2007, 08:36   #79
Team-BHP Support
 
Vid6639's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 14,465
Thanked: 19,355 Times
Default

That is one sweet looking OHC Iraghava. You dint do anything about the alloys? they still seem to have that matt unfinished look.

The car looks like new.
Vid6639 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th June 2007, 09:03   #80
Senior - BHPian
 
esteem_lover's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Madras/Py
Posts: 7,554
Thanked: 445 Times
Default




Looks awesome ishan, brrrrand new.
So, whats the quote for a friend ???
esteem_lover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th June 2007, 09:03   #81
Senior - BHPian
 
hydrashok's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: In my Office
Posts: 2,528
Thanked: 14 Times
Default

Whoa! You literally got a brand new car back! She looks lovely!

Last edited by hydrashok : 28th June 2007 at 09:05.
hydrashok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th June 2007, 09:56   #82
BANNED
 
viper's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Mumbai
Posts: 1,769
Thanked: 8 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by iraghava View Post
We did encounter a problem with the rear shocks on Monday since the shocks fitted were too long & were touching the rear mounting plate & creating a sound. Initially when it could not be accurately traced where the sounds was coming from, this mechanic (already in the boot in the pic) got into the boot and closed it shut and asked me to drive him around so that he could find out where the sound was coming from!

P.S. Too many pictures I know! Costs, full list of work done etc, coming up tomorrow!
Hey Ishaan,

Did you figure out the problem and if yes what was the solution. I think I have exactly the same problem in my car. Just not found time to sit and identify where the sound in the rear is coming from. Its mostly the mounting kit or like you said maybe the shocks are slightly longer. Problem is the shocks that were in the car earlier were not OE so I do not have ref to check lengths.

Pl do let me know.

Viper
viper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th June 2007, 10:39   #83
BHPian
 
Ford Rocam's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: Mumbai-India
Posts: 880
Thanked: 16 Times
Default

[quote=iraghava;482221]So, finally when I went to pick her up on Monday here's how she looked all polished & ready!





I am in love with the finishing of work done, only one word "Awesome" !!! your car looks brand new.i too wanna paint/overcoat my car at later stage, soch raha hoon dilli aa jaun.
Ford Rocam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th June 2007, 10:47   #84
BANNED
 
mclaren1885's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Bangalore (the city of modded cars) !!
Posts: 4,821
Thanked: 28 Times
Infractions: 0/1 (10)
Default

So, do I get to take Dhanno to Leh? Gaaliyaan math suna, kafi kuch seekhchuka hoon. Doh chaar kannada mein bhi doonga wapas.
mclaren1885 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th June 2007, 10:49   #85
Team-BHP Support
 
Jaggu's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 17,742
Thanked: 7,449 Times
Default

looking good and neat work
Jaggu is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 28th June 2007, 11:21   #86
Senior - BHPian
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Faridabad
Posts: 6,814
Thanked: 294 Times
Default

Very neat work done..this pandit guy is one of the best in delhi in the paint job section . I have seen some of his work, superb.
low_bass_makker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th June 2007, 12:01   #87
Senior - BHPian
 
iraghava's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Bhaiyyaland
Posts: 8,028
Thanked: 153 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by vid6639 View Post
That is one sweet looking OHC Iraghava. You dint do anything about the alloys? they still seem to have that matt unfinished look.

The car looks like new.
Thanks Vid! About the wheels, well not much can be done apart from repaiting them again & I didn't wanna do it right now. I wanted to put on a set of 15" Enkei's that I was getting on a good deal (Thanks again C3PO) but after such an extensive overhaul my budget didn't allow that.

After I run out the current PP's, if I have the budget I'll get a nice set of Enkei or OZ's for her. I don't want to fit the usual alloys available in the market on her.

Quote:
Originally Posted by viper View Post
Hey Ishaan,

Did you figure out the problem and if yes what was the solution. I think I have exactly the same problem in my car. Just not found time to sit and identify where the sound in the rear is coming from. Its mostly the mounting kit or like you said maybe the shocks are slightly longer. Problem is the shocks that were in the car earlier were not OE so I do not have ref to check lengths.

Pl do let me know.

Viper
Viper - The problem was with the extra length of the shocks so on compression they were fouling with the Mounting plate. It was solved by getting OE Munjal Showa shocks & fitting them. No such problem after that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ford Rocam View Post
I am in love with the finishing of work done, only one word "Awesome" !!! your car looks brand new.i too wanna paint/overcoat my car at later stage, soch raha hoon dilli aa jaun.
Aaja aaja, should be good fun & I can guarantee you an excellent job!!!
Plus, some wide, open roads to stretch that monster!
iraghava is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th June 2007, 12:42   #88
Senior - BHPian
 
iraghava's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Bhaiyyaland
Posts: 8,028
Thanked: 153 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by esteem_lover View Post
Looks awesome ishan, brrrrand new.
So, whats the quote for a friend ???
Thanks John & she's not up for sale!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mclaren1885 View Post
So, do I get to take Dhanno to Leh? Gaaliyaan math suna, kafi kuch seekhchuka hoon. Doh chaar kannada mein bhi doonga wapas.
Bhag jaa! Feel lucky if you even get a ride in it! And gaaliyaan tu yahaan aa phir sunata hoon!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaggu View Post
looking good and neat work
Thanks Jaguu!

@ LBM/Hydrashok/CD/Manik - Thanks guys!
iraghava is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th June 2007, 12:48   #89
Team-BHP Support
 
moralfibre's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: MH-12
Posts: 6,622
Thanked: 6,144 Times
Default

Great work Ishan. Your workshop guys are highly skilled I must say. The car looks showroom condition as everyone says. I like the shine on Dhanno, what polish has been used? She is shining better than what she was here (OHC VTEC Repainted, Before & After pics).
moralfibre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th June 2007, 12:49   #90
Senior - BHPian
 
BUSA's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Bombay
Posts: 5,130
Thanked: 10 Times
Default

iRags - Your car looks absolutely new, kudos to you for going ahead with not so easy a job on the wallet as well as time. But it was all worth the effort.

P.S Why arent your tyres shining?

Last edited by BUSA : 28th June 2007 at 12:52.
BUSA is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Govt all set to revise speed limits for all vehicles. EDIT: Done RavenAvi Street Experiences 91 2nd August 2017 14:44
Dark Knight has arrived! VW Vento TDi Highline. EDIT: 5th Service done el lobo 6061 Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports 244 15th October 2016 12:39
The Story of MIKE - My Ikon Flair 2006 EDIT : Now completed 60,000 kms + New Footwear benbsb29 Long-Term Ownership Reviews 544 17th October 2011 13:07


All times are GMT +5.5. The time now is 16:09.

Copyright 2000 - 2017, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks