Go Back   Team-BHP > Under the Hood > Modifications & Accessories

Old 22nd February 2010, 08:37   #46
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by niks_devil666 View Post
Apart from the leaking issues and easy to pry open from burglars ,
This is one frequently raised point which i find to be quite ridiculous! Why on earth would a burglar bother to climb on top of the vehicle, break open this small glass and enter from there, and create an easily noticeable scene, when there are 5 much bigger and easier to remove windows on a car?
JayD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd February 2010, 09:33   #47
BHPian

Quote:
Apart from the leaking issues and easy to pry open from burglars , is sunroof really worth it? I was thinking of putting it on my Baleno. Tilt and slide seems to be the best option I guess. Any recommendations ? Which is the best Webasto dealer in Pune ?
If we think on the same lines, even windows shouldn't be there in cars right? Well, it depends on how much you use the sunroof. If you make frequent trips on the highways, a sunroof is really useful. If your car is only used in home to office commute, then it's not worth it. If you have children at home, then they will surely love one. Webasto is the best in India. Well, they provide sunroofs for Maybachs, so I guess that says it all
prateekm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd February 2010, 10:08   #48
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by JayD View Post
This is one frequently raised point which i find to be quite ridiculous! Why on earth would a burglar bother to climb on top of the vehicle, break open this small glass and enter from there, and create an easily noticeable scene, when there are 5 much bigger and easier to remove windows on a car?
Quote:
Originally Posted by prateekm View Post
If we think on the same lines, even windows shouldn't be there in cars right? Well, it depends on how much you use the sunroof. If you make frequent trips on the highways, a sunroof is really useful. If your car is only used in home to office commute, then it's not worth it. If you have children at home, then they will surely love one. Webasto is the best in India. Well, they provide sunroofs for Maybachs, so I guess that says it all
From what I have read is that this is easier to open than windows.

Anyways , a thief is skilled at opening any lock , so not worried about that. What about the leaks ?

Do you guys know the approx costs?
niks_devil666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd February 2010, 11:20   #49
BHPian

Quote:
From what I have read is that this is easier to open than windows.

Anyways , a thief is skilled at opening any lock , so not worried about that. What about the leaks ?

Do you guys know the approx costs?
In the intro thread Devendra mentioned that he fixed a sunroof on his SX4 at the time of delivery from the Maruti dealer in Pune itself. It costed him ~50k.

His intro thread : http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/introd...sx4-owner.html (Hello from Devendra..One of the few SX4 AT Owner)

Last edited by prateekm : 22nd February 2010 at 11:25. Reason: Found the profile
prateekm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th March 2010, 12:09   #50
BHPian

Hi Friends, I personally recommend not to fit any Sunroofs as this will reduce your cars resale value.
b_ambat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th March 2010, 17:50   #51
BANNED

i had sent a query for sunroof on my new fiesta for which they have replied to go for a spoiler/ hollandia 300, has anyone got it installed with soft touch and what is the cost and difference between the deluxe medium, large and classis
ruchirtnt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st March 2010, 10:15   #52
BANNED

Default Sunroof For Car

Hello to all,

I have started this thread to discuss exclusively for Sunroof for the car, to have the user reviews their snaps to know the best brand WEBASTO OR INALFA,

so lets start this initiative to further enhace the looks of our beast and to have the helping hands of the ones who own one

Note from Mod: Topic merged with existing thread. Pl continue further discussion here. Thanks.

Last edited by theMAG : 21st March 2010 at 11:19.
Old 22nd March 2010, 10:47   #53
GTO
Team-BHP Support

^^ If you have to get an after-market sunroof installed, Webasto is the best in the business. That said, I'm not comfortable with getting a part of my body section (i.e. the roof) cut in the after-market. I firmly believe that sunroofs are best installed at the factory level only.
GTO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st June 2010, 10:16   #54
BANNED

but i came to know that even all the factory settings of sun roof is mostly made by webasto only
Old 2nd June 2010, 11:17   #55
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by ruchirtnt View Post
but i came to know that even all the factory settings of sun roof is mostly made by webasto only
Correct. But the body panel cutting (in this case, roof) and the fitment is done at the factory level.
GTO is offline   Reply With Quote