Go Back   Team-BHP > Under the Hood > Modifications & Accessories

Old 3rd June 2007, 20:56   #31
Senior - BHPian

Engine swaps will have to be done in Mumbai or Bangalore. No one in Delhi has the expertise, AFAIK. You're looking at around 2 lakhs for the job.
v1p3r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd June 2007, 21:27   #32
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mclaren1885
Ok, I am told that ................complications with the head.
Actually, yes. TC'ing a VTEC is VERY complicated. Quite unlike the MIVEC's. There was a orange VTEC in Mumbai, and the owner was in splits (not the good kind) most of the time, trying to get the mapping right. The problem is with the VTEC actuation itself. Can't handle boost loads properly, apparently..very twitchy. Details are very lengthy..

As for the engine swaps; be it Honda or Mitsu; you're looking at 3L, for a proper job. The engine itself will cost about 1.5, plus O/H, labour, mods, fitting, etc...& then there's wiring and the niggling hassles.

One thing is for sure. Be it swapping or boosting; you have to be VERY determined, open-minded, and prepared for nurturing the car for long periods of time at a stretch....all for a weekend drive...

On second thoughts, the vRS is a great idea...
veyron1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th June 2007, 13:15   #33
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by v1p3r View Post
Engine swaps will have to be done in Mumbai or Bangalore. No one in Delhi has the expertise, AFAIK. You're looking at around 2 lakhs for the job.
Errrrr, hello v1p3r?! We have a very successful mivec swap going around these days kickin everyones butt...i thought you knew!
autopsyche is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th June 2007, 15:03   #34
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by autopsyche View Post
Errrrr, hello v1p3r?! We have a very successful mivec swap going around these days kickin everyones butt...i thought you knew!

Is it the 2 door we are talking about........i really think i need to take a re-look at that car - now that the initial hiccups would have settled down
Ricky_63 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th June 2007, 16:05   #35
BANNED

Friend what is your budget we can then decide what car to get for you
speedweednitro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th June 2007, 17:26   #36
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by v1p3r View Post
Ok, JUN Tanaka is a big name in the modificationg/tuning industry. Nitroxx's post was a joke, and I'm sure it was a little hard to understand. And like I said, any intl tuner will laugh when you tell him you want to mod a 1.5 litre. We've been there, done that, the being laughed at, that is.
i dont think any tuner should laugh, provided if the interested person is very ambitious. I once happen to see a car in history channel or discovery(i think the program was known as super cars), there was one european car which has 1.5L engine tuned to participate in drag race(though it runs on top-fuel) I dont exactly remember the bhp figure, but definitly it was xxx bhp. OH!!!, btw the car was similar to fiat 1100.
kkr2k2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th June 2007, 17:43   #37
BHPian

OHC type 2, Lancer being the 2nd choice.
adman77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th June 2007, 18:18   #38
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by autopsyche View Post
Sorry, didn't know. All you fellows keep meeting to eat meat, and you can't start one puny thread for a Mivec?!
v1p3r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th June 2007, 18:29   #39
Senior - BHPian

@autopsyche & v1p3r - is this the mivec you guys are talking about?

http://img78.imageshack.us/img78/4707/mivec3wc3.jpg

http://img339.imageshack.us/img339/4640/mivec1ez6.jpg

http://img259.imageshack.us/img259/13/mivec2zi0.jpg

but then, like v1p3r said - how about starting a thread on it?
planet_rocker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th June 2007, 22:55   #40
Senior - BHPian

Hey, not bad. Except for that GT spoiler, mirrors, and the rear overhangs. The coupe conversion's quite okay..although I'd prefer frameless doors...and are those rims 17 inchers?

Now, what's under the hood...? Specs, puh-lease...like people said..a thread is the need of the hour..

BTW, couldn't help but notice; if it's running a MIVEC, why are the rear brakes still drum...?
veyron1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th June 2007, 12:39   #41
Senior - BHPian

Yes planet rocker, it is the same car.

I would have posted details about the car and the swap and the entire story, but then again, i cant... coz it would be termed as marketing! It would get deleted the minute id post it heheh

veyron, it has bigger front rotors and calipers swapped from the mivec mitsu, the rear are stock drums, even then the braking is more than sufficient. Those are 17" wheels.
autopsyche is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th June 2007, 13:30   #42
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nitroxx View Post
first post suggest low budget ,secondly WHAT CAR TO TURBO??????And then some about EVO swaps? Man either its become every local workshops daily chore to install one or there are alot of ambitious people.And yeah on which one to turbo dude decide which car you wanna stick to coz there are a hell load of different turbos and tuning options for each car..try contacting probably JUN and ask them this question..and voila!
Why JUN??? Yes they may know the works but can one afford them. Lets get real here.

There are risks to be taken once you look at going beyond 20% of the max capacity of the engine anyway.
Psycho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th June 2007, 13:44   #43
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Psycho View Post
Why JUN??? Yes they may know the works but can one afford them. Lets get real here.
It was a JOKE Keshav!

Nitroxxx prolly took JUN's example because they are one of the most wellknown international tuners around.
ghostrider4385 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th June 2007, 16:10   #44
Senior - BHPian

Considering the CEDIA or even the RS alongwith all the other options - what say ?? I am told that there may be interesting options available for the CEDIA, trying to find out the numbers right now. If anyone has done up a CEDIA or knows of one that has been done up - please post. Appreciate the help.

Cheers
Ricky_63 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th June 2007, 17:56   #45
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ricky_63 View Post
@ Nitroxx

Any idea on cost of the swap - if I were to go with it - though engine swaps like I said earlier I feel a little iffy about

Dude and you should be coz everyone here is claiming they can do it.Although if you really want to get one done trust Keshav. I mean that literally.
nitroxx is offline   Reply With Quote