Go Back   Team-BHP > Under the Hood > Modifications & Accessories

Old 5th June 2007, 17:59   #46
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kkr2k2 View Post
i dont think any tuner should laugh, provided if the interested person is very ambitious. I once happen to see a car in history channel or discovery(i think the program was known as super cars), there was one european car which has 1.5L engine tuned to participate in drag race(though it runs on top-fuel) I dont exactly remember the bhp figure, but definitly it was xxx bhp. OH!!!, btw the car was similar to fiat 1100.
Ok in that case I'll put you through to a tuner that actually wants to work with a 1.5L block. And will pull you to about 200 odd horses.with an NA build. However make sure you first by a money clip.Coz it'll be easier to throw out those greenbacks.
Umm. does anyone actually surf the import tuner site.Check for the 1.5 litre block turned to 500 horses on the civic please,thanks.

Last edited by nitroxx : 5th June 2007 at 18:00.
nitroxx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th June 2007, 20:47   #47
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nitroxx View Post
Ok in that case I'll put you through to a tuner that actually wants to work with a 1.5L block. And will pull you to about 200 odd horses.with an NA build. However make sure you first by a money clip.Coz it'll be easier to throw out those greenbacks.
Umm. does anyone actually surf the import tuner site.Check for the 1.5 litre block turned to 500 horses on the civic please,thanks.

IMHO It'd be nice if you write in a layman's terminology, it would be easier to understand.

Thanks
Ricky_63 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th June 2007, 20:51   #48
BANNED

Infractions: 0/1 (10)

Ricky just get your priorities right. Decide if you want to keep the lancer and TC it? Or sell it and go for another car? Or you want to buy another 2nd hand car and mod it. If you can tell us your budget I am sure we will come up with the best possible solution. There is no point lingering around like this. You will only get more confused.
mclaren1885 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th June 2007, 21:10   #49
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mclaren1885 View Post
Ricky just get your priorities right. Decide if you want to keep the lancer and TC it? Or sell it and go for another car? Or you want to buy another 2nd hand car and mod it. If you can tell us your budget I am sure we will come up with the best possible solution. There is no point lingering around like this. You will only get more confused.

Mclaren,

Let me say this - I know my priorities though I might be sounding confused. I basically want to explore ALL possibilities before I get into this project head on. TCing the Lancer seems a remote possibility now that I have varied views from various people. I am told the power would only go up by about 35 BHP. I am looking at the CEDIA (if I can get a used one) & take it up to a serious upgrade with turbocharger et al. I am told the gains maybe about 65 BHP - THAT sounds interesting, Let's see I am in no rush - as I mentioned in my first post itself - this is a fun thing for me - so I intend to do a decent car of which many may not be around. Budget is fairly flexible but not infinite.

Thanks for your comments
Old 5th June 2007, 21:36   #50
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nitroxx View Post
Erm, that's a destroked debored B16, I don't think you want to compare that to a 1.5 SOHC Mitsu engine.
v1p3r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th June 2007, 04:29   #51
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ricky 63
I am told the gains maybe about 65 BHP -
Hah. You could get upto 165+ by tuning N.A. Yes, I know people might say that's over 40% above stock. Try 4G63 parts. You'll know what I mean. Boosting, well....it's a different ballgame....you'd be looking at a LOT more...
veyron1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th June 2007, 08:35   #52
BANNED

Ricky make sure you have atleast 3.5-5L for a good turbojob on the cedia. You can gain a lot more than just 65bhp.

Honda 1.5exi, baleno, zens with vtec or esteem or baleno engines are a good for turbocharging too.
Old 6th June 2007, 19:00   #53
Senior - BHPian

As I see it the vote seems to be tilting towards the Honda 1.5 or Cedia - both being turbocharged should get some serious power delivery.....now begins the HUNT for a used car.

This should be exciting..........
Old 6th June 2007, 19:22   #54
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ricky_63 View Post
As I see it the vote seems to be tilting towards the Honda 1.5 or Cedia - both being turbocharged should get some serious power delivery.....now begins the HUNT for a used car.

This should be exciting..........
votes for cedia

but finding a second hand cedia would be tough
jkdas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th June 2007, 19:40   #55
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mclaren1885 View Post
Ricky make sure you have atleast 3.5-5L for a good turbojob on the cedia. You can gain a lot more than just 65bhp.

Honda 1.5exi, baleno, zens with vtec or esteem or baleno engines are a good for turbocharging too.

Mclaren

Have you got your turbo installed yet ?? What is the BHP gain you are looking at after the install ? Are the parts available as easily as they are the Hondas or Cedia ?? Is the cost of TCing in the same region as in a Honda 1.5 ?

Would appreciate a feedback. Thanks
Old 6th June 2007, 20:10   #56
BANNED

Quote:
Mclaren

Have you got your turbo installed yet ?? What is the BHP gain you are looking at after the install ? Are the parts available as easily as they are the Hondas or Cedia ?? Is the cost of TCing in the same region as in a Honda 1.5 ?

Would appreciate a feedback. Thanks
Not yet ricky. Right now I am totalled zapped for cash. Need to save up 1.5L for the TC kit. Have everything else ready. Forged Internals. Engine work. Nos kit. Amongst other performance parts. I am looking at close to 200+ bhp in the first stage running atleast 1bar boost. Then go up further based on how much the internals can hold. All this happens in stages.

Parts are easily available. But honda's have a wider range when it comes to aftermarket products. For the cedia however you will have to place a custom order for the forged internals. TC kits you can get. Cost of TCing a baleno and a honda might be almost similar about 4L+ for a 1.5bar setup or more. A cedia will cost only more. Like I said, it depends on the extent of tune you wish to achieve that determines how much you spend. For about 2.5L you can get a decent TC setup at 7-8psi and be happy. Or go 1.5bar and still want more power while taking into consideration that your chassi, clutch, driveshafts will all hold up.

Last edited by mclaren1885 : 6th June 2007 at 20:13.
Old 7th June 2007, 00:51   #57
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Do keep in mind that with the car developing 200bhp or thereabouts, it'll be much easier for the Cedia's platform to handle that kind of loads compared to the OHC's platform.
iraghava is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th June 2007, 05:10   #58
Senior - BHPian

Good luck finding a Cedia. Do keep us informed
reignofchaos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th June 2007, 06:38   #59
BHPian

Was just wondering, how will a 1.8 Isuzu engine Contessa be with a TC ?
Has the stability + rear wheel drive. Will be amazing for drifts. I know the car may be too heavy for top whack or acceleration as compared to the Baleno/Cedia/OHC, but still. Has anybody tried that ?
toiingg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th June 2007, 08:45   #60
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by toiingg View Post
Was just wondering, how will a 1.8 Isuzu engine Contessa be with a TC ?
Has the stability + rear wheel drive. Will be amazing for drifts. I know the car may be too heavy for top whack or acceleration as compared to the Baleno/Cedia/OHC, but still. Has anybody tried that ?
Yes, psycho used to own a conti with a TCed 1.8 ISZ petrol engine. Now, he drive a TCed esteem. In bombay there is a guy who has TCed the same engine and put it in a Fiat. You can find the details in the Speedrun threads.

Upto 220bhp, the OHC/baleno can handle easily. Look at madhu's car or jitu's. Anything above that is a totally different ball game.