Go Back   Team-BHP > Under the Hood > Modifications & Accessories

Old 5th June 2007, 12:42   #16
Team-BHP Support

Khaadu, if you are planning to visit your hometown in this car, I suggest you forget low profile dreams.
tsk1979 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th June 2007, 12:47   #17
BHPian

check the bushings on the mid pipe and the brackets on the end pipe. Most often than not, that's where the problem lies.
adman77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th June 2007, 01:27   #18
BANNED

Guys, went back to Arushs workshop to sort out the noise ... it was the 1st pipe after the headers that was touching the body and thus the racket . Had it sorted out in half hour and now no sound so did get to push her .

Firstly I need to change the rear muffler ... teh sound kicks in at about 2k and then stays the same almost till the red line , so that needs to be looked into as I had wanted one that increases with the revs and maxes out near teh red line . This one is bound to give me a head ache as the sopund inside the car is more than its outside ...... thank god i had the audio installed before the free flow ...

Coming to what matters most ..... IS SHE MOVING or IS SHE MOVING -- I never seen the needle go that quick to 100 , hit 100 in 2nd -- and thats when the rev limiter hits in . Never got to push her up in 3rd ... but hit the 140 mark before I had to ease of and I was still languishing in 3rd !!! Will need to find a stretch devoid of any men in white uniforms for me to do a few time runs .

But Im sure its faster .. and the air filter still needs to go in -- so as of now shes only breathing out better !!! Imagine how she wud move when she breathes in also better air ... I can dream of the turbo and what that wud do .

But yeah .. I need to get the soudn sorted out real quick !!!!!

Cheers
khaadu75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th June 2007, 01:52   #19
Senior - BHPian

Ahhhh i thought it was about the new system Khadu got and its making good noise.

Doesn't swift easily hit 100 in 2nd gear ?
abhibh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th June 2007, 10:57   #20
Senior - BHPian

@khaadu75 - how a small video of the exhaust note? congrats on the job. the sound will be taken care of by a better end can.
planet_rocker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th June 2007, 11:02   #21
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by abhibh View Post
Doesn't swift easily hit 100 in 2nd gear ?
Hey, It does but then the speed with which it hits 100 is the factor here .... Ill have to time it .. and see if it really si quicker or does it just feel its quicker

Cheers
Old 6th June 2007, 14:30   #22
Senior - BHPian

"teh sound kicks in at about 2k and then stays the same almost till the red line"

This is going to be painful, couple of weeks back i got FFE fitted to my OHC and the sound kicks in by 3500rpm, till then its mild hmmmm. love it since it doesnt attract traffic cops attention and i hate slow moving vehicles making noise(Only noise no power types heheh)

Thanks Viper
lohithrao is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th June 2007, 15:01   #23
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by khaadu75 View Post
.... Ill have to time it .. and see if it really si quicker or does it just feel its quicker
Cheers
Yah, and make sure you use the right gadgets to check this out........no tall claims will be entertained in the absence of proper substantiation
suman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th June 2007, 15:18   #24
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by suman View Post
Yah, and make sure you use the right gadgets to check this out........no tall claims will be entertained in the absence of proper substantiation
I shall ... just wait fopr another couple of years by when i shud be able t afford a timing device -- whatever they are called and then I shall definitely post the timings !! That suit you sire.... or maybe just race it againt teh Dicor and we shall get a rough idea about the swiftness
Old 6th June 2007, 15:22   #25
BANNED

Infractions: 0/1 (10)

Quote:
whatever they are called and then I shall definitely post the timings !!
Vbox Racelogic. Thats what they are called. I am sure you have heard of a cam (not the one in your head or the cars) how about some nice pictures and some sound clips?
mclaren1885 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th June 2007, 15:23   #26
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I shall ... just wait fopr another couple of years by when i shud be able t afford a timing device -- whatever they are called
Heh-heh, Gtech Pro is what you could use.........
suman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th June 2007, 21:42   #27
BANNED

Guys, a short video of the swift launching ... but don't look at the timing as I up shifted into 2nd way too quickly as when I launched the stuff from the dash board came falling down .... will upload one of the 0-100 in a day or so , till then listen to the sound !!

cheers
Old 10th June 2007, 21:48   #28
Senior - BHPian

Nice sound...sounds good.

BTW, are u running just the header+exhaust or do u have an airfilter as well?? And what size tyres??
karthik247 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th June 2007, 21:50   #29
BANNED

Infractions: 0/1 (10)

Who is that nitwit holding the cam? Ek video bhi cant take properly or what? So what are the end results regarding the performance from the headers.
mclaren1885 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th June 2007, 21:58   #30
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by karthik247 View Post
Nice sound...sounds good.

BTW, are u running just the header+exhaust or do u have an airfilter as well?? And what size tyres??
Stock tyres that come with the Vxi model ... and they almost at the BALD stage . Im thinking of upgrading to 205/50 16 , just thinking as of now . Also its only gotten the headers+ exhaust . No filter as I still can't figure out where to place the filter as there is no place in the bay where I feel it will get cold air .... thus no filter .

Quote:
Originally Posted by mclaren1885
Who is that nitwit holding the cam? Ek video bhi cant take properly or what? So what are the end results regarding the performance from the headers.
the nitwit holding the camera is the delivery guy , the one who goes house to house delivering the milk ........ and he lost focus coz at launch all the stuff from the dash board came tumbling down , and if you notice carefully I shifted to 2nd way too soon .

Will get a proppa run soon ...