Go Back   Team-BHP > Under the Hood > Modifications & Accessories

Old 6th June 2007, 14:15   #1
BHPian

Default maruti zen

i own a maruti zen 2002 and currently it has completed 81,000kms and i find that the car has lost its punch and isn't smooth when compared to any other zen.... is there any way to regain or increase the power and the smoothness ??? currently it has k & n replacement filter and iridium sparks and also decarbonised the engine at 78,000kms .... please help
yasw_anth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th June 2007, 19:12   #2
BHPian

I think this link to Sam's Thread on his Lancer should answer all your questions.

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/techni...irthday-8.html (Sam's 4 year old Lancer gets spoiled for it's Birthday!!)
Hellcat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th June 2007, 19:25   #3
Distinguished - BHPian

do an engine swap e-zen or b-zen
jkdas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th June 2007, 01:28   #4
BANNED

Infractions: 0/1 (10)

switch back to your stock spark plugs.and get your k&n filter cleaned...if you havent done it already.
hellspawn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th February 2013, 19:17   #5
BHPian

Default Re: maruti zen

hey guys , have a question for experts . Im planning to buy a zen and upgrade the engine to that of Baleno engine(G16B) and creating a performance car . Found out that the MPFI zen wiring cannot be used for the baleno engine conversion .

If i but a carb zen :
1. Price will be low
2. Need to change fuel tank .
3. Purchase MPFI fuel pump
4. Buy MPFI fuel lines
5. I guess i need to change the speedo console also to that of MPFI
6. What else do i need to do ?

If i buy MPFI Zen :
1. Price higher compared to carb zen
2. No need to change fuel tank
3. No need to purchase new fuel pump
3. No need to change fuel lines
4. wiring and ECU cannot be used
5. What else ?

MPFi Zen or carb Zen would work out better ?Please put in your thoughts.
karizma9292 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th February 2013, 14:39   #6
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by karizma9292 View Post
hey guys , have a question for experts . Im planning to buy a zen and upgrade the engine to that of Baleno engine(G16B) and creating a performance car . Found out that the MPFI zen wiring cannot be used for the baleno engine conversion .

If i but a carb zen :
1. Price will be low
2. Need to change fuel tank .
3. Purchase MPFI fuel pump
4. Buy MPFI fuel lines
5. I guess i need to change the speedo console also to that of MPFI
6. What else do i need to do ?

If i buy MPFI Zen :
1. Price higher compared to carb zen
2. No need to change fuel tank
3. No need to purchase new fuel pump
3. No need to change fuel lines
4. wiring and ECU cannot be used
5. What else ?

MPFi Zen or carb Zen would work out better ?Please put in your thoughts.
I am not aware of the part where ALL the wires might not be useful, but I know this for sure that carb to mpfi isnt as reliable as a factory mpfi, even after engine change. Personal opinion.
abhayshanu is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 14th February 2013, 17:21   #7
BANNED

Infractions: 0/1 (5)

Buy a mpfi zen with clean body and fit in esteem engine alone with brakes from type II . It will keep you entertained enough and you will full reliability with no major mechanical changes .
Trust_In_Thrust is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 16th February 2013, 12:32   #8
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trust_In_Thrust View Post
Buy a mpfi zen with clean body and fit in esteem engine alone with brakes from type II . It will keep you entertained enough and you will full reliability with no major mechanical changes .
Thanks buddy , don you recommend baleno engine swap . If so why? Brakes of Zen type 2 right ?
Old 18th February 2013, 13:24   #9
BANNED

Quote:
Thanks buddy , don you recommend baleno engine swap . If so why? Brakes of Zen type 2 right ?
First Baleno uses different wiring, engine bed will need modifications , i guess gearbox of zen cannot be used .

Using esteem u have direct fit ti zen gearbox thus having excellent acceleration , same wiring of zen mpfi (euro should be same i.e II to II or III to III) i.e zen euro ii to esteem euro II engine , or zen euro III to esteem euro III engine. Brakes from esteem type II .
Trust_In_Thrust is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th February 2013, 19:12   #10
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trust_In_Thrust View Post
First Baleno uses different wiring, engine bed will need modifications , i guess gearbox of zen cannot be used .

Using esteem u have direct fit ti zen gearbox thus having excellent acceleration , same wiring of zen mpfi (euro should be same i.e II to II or III to III) i.e zen euro ii to esteem euro II engine , or zen euro III to esteem euro III engine. Brakes from esteem type II .
Thanks buddy , a friend completed a Baleno engine swap for his zen . He had to change the wiring to the baleno one as you said , which i feel is not difficult after doing a baleno engine swap for my gypsy . As per my friend he says he used the same GB but had to alter the ratios . Oh esteem brakes to zen would be some serious stopping power . I have driven a zen with esteem engine its awesome but after driving my friend's zen with baleno engine i have gone mad over it .
Old 19th February 2013, 11:31   #11
BANNED

Quote:
Thanks buddy , a friend completed a Baleno engine swap for his zen . He had to change the wiring to the baleno one as you said , which i feel is not difficult after doing a baleno engine swap for my gypsy . As per my friend he says he used the same GB but had to alter the ratios . Oh esteem brakes to zen would be some serious stopping power . I have driven a zen with esteem engine its awesome but after driving my friend's zen with baleno engine i have gone mad over it .

All the best to you. I request if you can document the work part by part for reference and post here for benefit of all.
Trust_In_Thrust is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 21st February 2013, 01:14   #12
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by abhayshanu View Post
I am not aware of the part where ALL the wires might not be useful, but I know this for sure that carb to mpfi isnt as reliable as a factory mpfi, even after engine change. Personal opinion.

I have a carb Zen am looking for an engine swap. So would be preferred i swap with a carb esteem or can i go all the way to the Baleno engine ?. If so what are we looking at a ballpark figure ?
Tazzy Boy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd February 2013, 13:35   #13
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tazzy Boy View Post
I have a carb Zen am looking for an engine swap. So would be preferred i swap with a carb esteem or can i go all the way to the Baleno engine ?. If so what are we looking at a ballpark figure ?
As yours is a carb, the baleno swap means you HAVE to convert all the wiring to mpfi, your fuel pump, ECU, engine bay and many other small details. If you want a rather easy power bump, find a esteem carb engine and plonk it in. It should NOT cost much. After that, get some porting and polishing done to the head, get a good FFE and if you really want more power, get it bored up to 1400cc. If you want even more power, go for a bigger carb. Its much easier to get intermittent power from carb engines. With these mods, I think you should get around 80-85 hp with ease.
abhayshanu is offline   Reply With Quote