Go Back   Team-BHP > Under the Hood > Modifications & Accessories

Old 8th June 2007, 21:49   #16
Senior - BHPian

How much loss in FE is expected in stage I mods?

How much loss of FE expected with TC?

I am thinking throttle body englargement would mean decrease in FE
aseem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th June 2007, 22:28   #17
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by mclaren1885 View Post
2. FFE and Cold air intake - 2-3bhp. 4k for FFE and 3.5k for air filter.
4. Work on ThrottleBody - Will improve throttle response. 3-5k
5. Change cams - 5-10bhp depending on cam profile. 18-30k.
6. get light weight clutch - Will help you transfer power better. Depend on the stage of the clutch. Though stock clutch should hold 7psi easily.

Though, TCing is an all new experience.
Hi Mclaren,

Are you sure of the above pricing and who will execute the above jobs in the highlighted figure.

Does the price of the Free flow you quoted include the whole set i.e headers + expansion chamber + intermediate pipes + rear muffler. Would love to get the exhausts from the person who can sell it for that price.

Also I suggest you make proper enquiries with the Delhi boys before gettng any kind of performance mods done from anybody in Delhi. Always better to ask the locals.

Viper

Last edited by viper : 8th June 2007 at 22:35.
viper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th June 2007, 22:34   #18
BANNED

Infractions: 0/1 (10)

Quote:
Originally Posted by viper View Post
Hi Mclaren,

Are you sure of the above pricing and who will execute the above jobs in the highlighted figure.

Does the price of the Free flow you quoted include the whole set i.e headers + expansion chamber + intermediate pipes + rear muffler. Would love to get the exhausts from the person who can sell it for that price.

Viper
Boss read my post number 11 & 14. FFE here means end muffler + expansion chamber. Intermediate pipes normally we use stock only.
mclaren1885 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th June 2007, 22:56   #19
Team-BHP Support

Aseem,

Do let us know how it goes with your original intention of modding your Swift, based on the suggestions in this thread.
theMAG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th June 2007, 23:28   #20
BHPian

hey buddy first of all just to let you know turbo charging a car isnt a walk in the park,keshav's running a good setup now,but that's after a lot of r&d,also about mileage, if your turbo charging your car then your obviously going to step on the pedal that in turn is going to lead to a drop in your mileage,n/a is stil a better bet, after some time 7-8 psi becomes boring and then the urge to get more boost will leave you with no option but to opt for forged internal's and that in turn pushes up youor budget to a way higher level,anyways do let us know what final setup you opt for,would love to see another g13b run some serious boost..cheers..happy revvin..!
dragger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th June 2007, 01:38   #21
BANNED

Hey, My advise to you is that u do a few basic mods like FFE + headers , an air filter ( though placing an air filter in a swifts bay so that it gets cold air is a MYSTERY ) and maybe a CAM .

The biggest problem with TC'ing your car with you living in Delhi is that you will have maintenance probs . Get it done in the SOuth but eventually you gonna drive in Delhi so unless u allready have someone to fix small stuff , DON"T GO FOR IT .

Delhi still doesnt have a tuner .. or maybe u can get it done in the South and then leave it there and go down once in a while and drive it there only .

Just my two bits .... rest is your individual decision .

Cheers
khaadu75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th June 2007, 06:06   #22
BANNED

Infractions: 0/1 (10)

but as i recall i had seen a turbo'ed lancer at arush's(autopsyche's)workshop.IIRC even psycho was in delhi those days.probably arush could throw some light on this.
hellspawn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th June 2007, 10:01   #23
Team-BHP Support

Are you planning to beef up the clutch too to handle more power. Stock swift clutches go bust anywhere between 3000 and 30,000kms depending on luck, so before extracting added power from the engine, a good investment would be a good clutch
tsk1979 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th June 2007, 11:38   #24
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsk1979 View Post
Are you planning to beef up the clutch too to handle more power. Stock swift clutches go bust anywhere between 3000 and 30,000kms depending on luck, so before extracting added power from the engine, a good investment would be a good clutch
Oh, This is news to me ...... but then I'm sure you talking about ppl who drive on the clutch more than they do with the throttle , I'm nearing the 30K mark in my swift .... that too 30K with some hard driving but the clutch doesn't seem to feel its anywhere near going . Unless it decides to go kaput just like that .

Cheers
Old 9th June 2007, 11:43   #25
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by khaadu75 View Post
Oh, This is news to me ...... but then I'm sure you talking about ppl who drive on the clutch more than they do with the throttle , I'm nearing the 30K mark in my swift .... that too 30K with some hard driving but the clutch doesn't seem to feel its anywhere near going . Unless it decides to go kaput just like that .

Cheers
I drive off the clutch too, but after just 30k, I feel its giving up. I can max do another 10k....
I have decided to go with Stage I mods as there is a dearth of tuners in Delhi, I can keep going to Bangie if things go wrong with my turbo setup. Plus I dont have more than 1.5 Lakhs... so that leaves out Turbo. Now its matter of researching the stage I mods and set right expectations of how much gain can be got with how much moolah....
aseem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th June 2007, 18:32   #26
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by khaadu75 View Post

Cheers
There is a thread in technical section "Does the swift have a weak clutch".
A lot of members who have clocked lots of kms on their other cars had their swift clutch packing up early. One such example is Ajmat, another is Karthik.
Thats why asked.
tsk1979 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th June 2007, 21:49   #27
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsk1979 View Post
There is a thread in technical section "Does the swift have a weak clutch".
A lot of members who have clocked lots of kms on their other cars had their swift clutch packing up early. One such example is Ajmat, another is Karthik.
Thats why asked.
Probably missed that thread somehow .... but thanx for the tension !! Have another few thousand kms to go before I reach the 30K milestone , will keep my fingers crossed that mine doesn't go .

Cheers
Old 9th June 2007, 23:54   #28
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by viper View Post
Also I suggest you make proper enquiries with the Delhi boys before gettng any kind of performance mods done from anybody in Delhi.
do a proper inquiry before getting any mods done.

Btw have a look at this thread (Lancer Turbo).
Mugen_Power is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th June 2007, 12:06   #29
BHPian

Very interesting thread indeed! Keep us updated on any progress aseem
ajitkommini is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th January 2010, 12:53   #30
Senior - BHPian

Hi,

I planning a Turbo for my Swift -Petrol. Was going through few threads and many questions are raking up my mind now. Foremost of which is;

I wanted to know if the Turbo parts from Swift DDIS (like Turbo, Intercooler, BOV, etc..) can be a direct fit onto a Petrol Swift. I mean since both share the same Engine Bay - will the area utilization be much effective than trying to get in a Turbo of different company / Car ?

What psi is the DDIS running on ?

Can we source these Turbo parts from MUL ? I mean as a New spare part itself ?

What would be the estimated price of New Turbo components if purchased from MUL ?

This is still in its nascent stages - just weighing my options to see if its feasible for me

Thanks in advance

PS: I know this is a 3yr old thread, posting here since i dint want to start a new thread for a similar topic
Mi10 is offline   Reply With Quote