Go Back   Team-BHP > Under the Hood > Modifications & Accessories

Old 10th June 2007, 18:31   #1
Senior - BHPian
Default Central Locking problem in Scorpio

Whenever my Scorpio runs over water - say, half a feet or so - as is usual during Mumbai monsoons, the engine shuts off. I discovered that the Autocop was turning off the ignition, and I had to disconnect the Autocop (by removing the wires connecting it to the battery) before I could start it bagain. I suspect that the water is causing some electrical short-circuiting. Having had this experience a few times, nowadays come monsoons I disconnect the Autocop and drive without central locking - I never had a problem even whe I ran through deep waters. My Autocop make is Nippon (Mahindra-endorsed central locking system, but not OE fitment), and my dealer is not able to find any solution.

hvkumar is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote