Go Back   Team-BHP > Under the Hood > Modifications & Accessories

Old 13th June 2007, 19:06   #16
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by manveet View Post
Even I wonder if this is the correct place for the sensor because a lot of aftermarket headers I have seen have the sensor AFTER the four pipes meet.
The sensor is placed at the meeting point of all four pipes because it can get optimum readings. If the sensor is placed in the pipe of only 1 cyinder and that cylinder fails, accurate readings will not be fed to the sensor.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dhar's View Post
Was there any significant change in exhaust gas while testing for PUC?
I would like to know the answer to this too. Does the PUC readings change drastically? I am running a 4x1 header with straight pipe. No center muffler or cat con. Havent got a PUC done since. Will my readings be in the borderline or in red?

P.S. I am guessing the automech headers are 4x2x1 correct?
n_aditya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th June 2007, 19:14   #17
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by invincible7 View Post
Congrats Narayan....on your installation of the Automech exaust system.. btw i bumped into one of the shops in Karol Bagh last weekend and got to know about the Automech exausts being sold by one of their distributors.. now anyone here knows about them and how good they do the installs..
I got my automech FFE from the same dealer he gets it installed from some other mechanic in nehruplace and he knows nothing much about FFE and K&N,prices for all other things are on higher side,he claimed 25% increase in my car after K&N and FFE job but i knew what to expect so i asked him to tell me what is asked.
.anshuman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th June 2007, 19:27   #18
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dhar's View Post
Was there any significant change in exhaust gas while testing for PUC?
I got my PUC tested last week and the car did not pass it,the car is running fine otherwise as i have even got the car scanned from Hyundai service,got the PUC from Haryana.(the car is euro-2 accent 1.5 with Automech FFE)
.anshuman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th June 2007, 19:38   #19
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by traman View Post
Adding a free flow exhaust will smoothen out your torque curve. Rather than getting spikes of power in the lower end it will smoothen out the curve throughout the rpm range. Also I was wondering if you slotted in a high flow cat as well? Am not too familiar with the automech products. If the exhaust sound is not a drone and pretty low key I'd be impressed .

Enjoy your ride mate. cheers.

its actually pretty low key with a deep ( bass ) coupled mettalic hiss as revs build up
narayan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th June 2007, 19:52   #20
BHPian

you are right anshuman... i had a word with him and the kinds of claims he was making its clearly visible he doesnt know much and is just there for the new rich dad kids to give sound treatment for their cars..... though he claims to be in the business since long .....
invincible7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th June 2007, 01:20   #21
BHPian

With FFE from automechs i got a drastic increase in emissions, that was however with O2 sensor disconnected! Even then i was well within PUC.
rohan_fonseca is offline   Reply With Quote