Go Back   Team-BHP > Under the Hood > Modifications & Accessories

Old 14th June 2007, 09:45   #1
BHPian

Default aftermarket parts from abroad

hi guys i desperately need help from you guys. I will be going to shanghai via kuala lumpur and i was thingking of getting some goodies for my swift from there . And since i read somewhere that india and china are the only countries which still use g series engines . i was wondering if it would be feasible to get performance headers and stuff from there ??????????? wat do you guys think ? also i was thinking of getting a tacho with a shift light (please suggest some brads and models which are not expensive ). and white underbody neons , new steering ( should it be same diammeter or smaller ) , performance conical filter with a non metallic pipe . is it feasible and most importantly will it be cheaper there ??????? anyone knows any places over there to get the stuff ??????? any suggestions or feadback will be very appreciated . thanks
harry15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th June 2007, 14:47   #2
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by harry15 View Post
... i was wondering if it would be feasible to get performance headers and stuff from there ?...
Just curious - how do you plan to carry bulky stuff like this? in your luggage? or are you going to ship it separately?
ajitkommini is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th June 2007, 15:17   #3
Team-BHP Support

China - all mod are cosmetic and hardly anything. What ever you are talking about is available either here or Malaysia
ajmat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th June 2007, 17:49   #4
BHPian

umm headers would probably be shipped or maybe in a seperate box or something . but would it be any good getting exhaust headers from there ???
harry15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th June 2007, 18:02   #5
Senior - BHPian

is the stuff not available locally...
low_bass_makker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th June 2007, 18:39   #6
BANNED

Infractions: 0/1 (10)

get headers etc. made here .you can get the cosmetic stuff from malaysia like projector lights,led taillamps,tacho,steering wheel.
hellspawn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th June 2007, 00:39   #7
Senior - BHPian

i agree with hellspawn...
u have many options in bombay for headers and the like - there are some folks in your city who make some real quality stuff.
just hunt around the Modifications & Accessories section and you'll find them!

cosmetic stuff u can defintely get from KL/shanghai. also, u can try picking up some decent ICE items (don't go overboard though... no use tempting the customs guys!)
razor4077 is offline   Reply With Quote